British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DEEG

Fen Tigers New Signings

Mildenhall can confirm two new signings. Full details on club website www.mildenhallfentigers.co/

Thanks

Deeg

The news item on the Mildenhall website does not actually disclose the complete position in relation to the transfer of Oliver Rayson to King's Lynn.

I do not propose to reveal the full details because I do not believe that would be either in the interests of Mildenhall Speedway or Oliver himself.

What I will say is that having spoken to Oliver's father Paul both he and Oliver were upset and angry at the circumstances involved, both of them were very happy at Mildenhall and looking forward to the season ahead at West Row and at no point did they instigate the transfer.

Having said that, I know that they are also pleased that Oliver has been given the opportunity to continue his career at King's Lynn.

I have been party to all of the circumstances involved here and, taking into account other information unconnected to this issue of which I have been made aware, have decided not to attend home matches at Mildenhall this season :( .

I was shocked to read this to tell the truth with Olly alway saying he loved it at Mildenhall well welcome back to lynn olly glad to have u back now he just has to show Mildenhall what they are missing out on.

Strange set up how does this work exactly? Oliver is an Ipswich asset so are Ipswich and Mildenhall now one and the same?? So will Cameron Heeps be a Mildenhall or Ipswich asset or a IpswichMildenhall asset?

Strange set up how does this work exactly? Oliver is an Ipswich asset so are Ipswich and Mildenhall now one and the same?? So will Cameron Heeps be a Mildenhall or Ipswich asset or a IpswichMildenhall asset?

i still cant work out how Heeps is allowed to ride in the NL at his age being born in Australia

i still cant work out how Heeps is allowed to ride in the NL at his age being born in Australia

I think that either one of his parents or grandparents were born in this country.

All the riders have moved on full transfers.

I think that either one of his parents or grandparents were born in this country.

makes no odds,he 16 and to claim this and work here you have to be 17

PhilK, on 24 March 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

I agree with you Neil not an easy figure to work with.

It was mentioned that the final rider may/would be chosen at

P&P in the same way Stoke have done. That could leave us

With three 3 pointers in the side? Personally I'd consider

Aaron Baseby leaving Heeps and Blackbird in the reserve

berths. He seems the best option to me.

Have copied this across for fear of hijacking Stoke's thread by discussing Mildenhall! :unsure:

Could well be the case that Mildenhall start the season with three 3.00 riders - and equally Aaron Baseby may well be the type of rider on a slightly higher starting average who comes into the Mildenhall promotion's thinking to fill the final team spot.

While the signing of Blackbird fills the gap in terms of the other reserve spot, it seems a great shame to see a promising youngster like Olly leave the club.

TBH, I think we have got two very promising reserves, who could well both be challenging for a move into the main body of the team after the first month of the season, when the next set of averages take effect.

I do like the idea of having some kind of 'trial' for the final place on P&P day.

Edited by neil3065

PhilK, on 24 March 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

I agree with you Neil not an easy figure to work with.

It was mentioned that the final rider may/would be chosen at

P&P in the same way Stoke have done. That could leave us

With three 3 pointers in the side? Personally I'd consider

Aaron Baseby leaving Heeps and Blackbird in the reserve

berths. He seems the best option to me.

Have copied this across for fear of hijacking Stoke's thread by discussing Mildenhall! :unsure:

Could well be the case that Mildenhall start the season with three 3.00 riders - and equally Aaron Baseby may well be the type of rider on a slightly higher starting average who comes into the Mildenhall promotion's thinking to fill the final team spot.

While the signing of Blackbird fills the gap in terms of the other reserve spot, it seems a great shame to see a promising youngster like Olly leave the club.

TBH, I think we have got two very promising reserves, who could well both be challenging for a move into the main body of the team after the first month of the season, when the next set of averages take effect.

I do like the idea of having some kind of 'trial' for the final place on P&P day.

Aaron has been invited to P&P and is currently seeing if he can get the time off work.

All the riders have moved on full transfers.

Yes I know but the point I'm making is Rayson is an Ipswich asset not a Mildenhall asset so are Ipswich and Mildenhall now one and the same? If not Chris Louis has just traded a young Ipswich asset and gained a young Mildenhall asset. All a bit confusing.

Yes I know but the point I'm making is Rayson is an Ipswich asset not a Mildenhall asset so are Ipswich and Mildenhall now one and the same? If not Chris Louis has just traded a young Ipswich asset and gained a young Mildenhall asset. All a bit confusing.

rayson is no longer an ipswich asset or a mildenhall asset not his choice believe me!

Invite Garry Cottham, he deserves another chance at Mildenhall, after his last spell with you ended prematurly with injury. He is well worth the 4.24 average he is on, and can improve on that i'm sure.

makes no odds,he 16 and to claim this and work here you have to be 17

He's 15, 16 in October.

Edited by shirlmeister general