British Speedway Forum

Both Ward and Holder will be at Poole no worries,the 8 point rule will be scrapped.

My understanding is that with rolling averages the one over 8 rule will continue in 2012.

My understanding is that with rolling averages the one over 8 rule will continue in 2012.

I cant see how it can continue . Just for instance sake , what if 2 riders from each team achieved an average of over 8 this season , does that then mean 10 of the leagues best riders cant compete in the Elite League the following season ? . The over 8 rule will be scrapped , we need as many of the best riders over here in the league .

Most impressed with Darcy Ward. He is so good in the 1st and 2nd bend, so much track craft! Holder was good but the way Ward rode, he didn't really need to team ride. I am not a big fan of Roo Boy but I thought he rode with a lot of grit and determination. Kings Lynn is a brilliant race track, the home fans are lucky! I've seen some good PL and NL racing there but it is an EL track as lastnight proved.

Not deluded at all. The effort and commitment we have seen from him so far this year has been exemplary so I'm not going to start slagging him off after a night of gremlins. I get the feeling you couldn't wait to jump on here and give him what for which is a great shame.

I appreciate there is a GP on Saturday but in that case why not cry off with an 'injury' before the meeting? Or just tootle round at ther back? Or for that matter why ride his balls off last Friday against Poole?

Ridiculous, isn't it ?

A rider has one bad meeting (and it always amazes me that so many jump to conclusions about why that was without a shred of evidence) amongst many good ones and some are on his back immediately :rolleyes: .

Riders have bad meetings, period. Get over it.

If the gate was a lot smaller than Good Friday it doesn't take the genius of an Einstein to work out why. Bank holiday, beautiful weather, day off following day, no TV. Wednesday night, work Thursday, cold, live TV.

I cant see how it can continue . Just for instance sake , what if 2 riders from each team achieved an average of over 8 this season , does that then mean 10 of the leagues best riders cant compete in the Elite League the following season ? . The over 8 rule will be scrapped , we need as many of the best riders over here in the league .

The rule will continue in 2012 but the value may be different. The rule for 2012 will be based on which rider finishes 10th in the EL averages

Edited by screamer

The rule will continue in 2012 but the value may be different. The rule for 2012 will be based on which rider finishes 10th in the EL averages

Strange there is no link to confirm or deny this either.

Perhaps we should wait for the '2011 BSPA AGM Agenda' link!! :wink:

Not the best meeting we've seen at the NA, but then again, it wasn't the worst either IMO. The racing at first seemed a bit too 'gate and go' but after the first few heats and some track grading, things did improve a bit. Congratz to Chris Holder and Darcy Ward - were we all seeing double?! :lol:Both of them rode like a pair all night so no grumbles from me as they deserved their win.

On the matter of Kenneth Bjerre's performance, well...I must say I was disappointed. I'd consider myself a fan of his and to see him only score 3 points and have 3 retirements was poor. However, I don't feel I can jump on his back and start moaning on at him because of the fact this has only happened in his Lynn colours once and I've not seen him race for that long week in week out (only had a small handful of meetings at home so far this season) so it's not like I can fully judge his character just yet (i.e him only appearing to be bothered about his GP meetings and such like as some have said). I personally feel I need to make an opinion based on what I see regularly before saying anything against him. In all of our league meetings so far, Kenneth has done alright for us, so no complaints there. If the whole EF/retirements or whatever start happening too much in league meetings (which in my eyes are the real important stuff) on a regular basis then I'd start to get pretty concerned and I'd imagine the club would too. I'm sure the club would take the necessary action at that point if they felt the need to.

Really ? Can you post the link where this has been confirmed ?

Matt Ford told him, thats good enough for me.

Then please for forgive me, if I had known it was gospel, I wouldnt have even considered questioning that statement :lol:

Contrary to popular opinion Matt Ford is not a personal friend of the majority of Poole fans.

Contrary to popular opinion Matt Ford is not a personal friend of the majority of Poole fans.

Matt ford Is Not a friend to the Majority of speedway fans Is more accurate

Matt ford Is Not a friend to the Majority of speedway fans Is more accurate

Better than Trump then who is not a friend of anyone in speedway.

Unless people know for a fact that there was nothing wrong with his bike I don't understand how Bjerre can be criticised for a lack of effort. I'm not too fussed about the opinions of others as most seem to have their own agendas and grudges but its a great pity in my eyes that so many Lynn fans are getting on his back.

There's an old saying "Never kick a man when he's down" but it seems that's all some people can do. I don't know if its their own personal agendas or grudges, I think its just their mentality!

Better than Trump then who is not a friend of anyone in speedway.

I saw him shaking hands and chatting happily with several people last week.

Don't believe the hype.

Did anyone notice that this meeting employed the use of the "unique scoring system" ? - thankfully the commentators did mention it..... maybe more than once !! :rolleyes: