British Speedway Forum
robert72

Cardiff Gp 2011 Entertainment

must of been 3 out of 40000 then. it was dreadful.

Thanks for your sarcastic reply, just loosen up and try to enjoy whatever pre-meeting enertainment is on offer as it doesn't cost any of us any extra and there is still the GP to look forward to.

Thanks for your sarcastic reply, just loosen up and try to enjoy whatever pre-meeting enertainment is on offer as it doesn't cost any of us any extra and there is still the GP to look forward to.

I agree Haggis. When I went - I enjoyed just walking around the City. The area of the Stadium was entertainment enough in itself. Pubs, Streets full of Flags, Noise and general bustle of folk enjoying themselves. Inside the Stadium - I thought the entertainment was OK too - especially as it was free. :t:

must of been 3 out of 40000 then. it was dreadful.

I and those who were sat all around me said the same the royal navy was dreadful, even worse than the x factor wannabees and that is saying something.

They need to bring in someone with a massive following to entertain, it would pay for itself and fill the stadium alot more, i am not talking,take that,kylie but some 80s bands have massive support and are in a decent price brackett.

I've never watched the pre meeting entertainment. As others have said, I stay in the pubs until 5 minutes before the meeting. Last year the fanzone was excellent and gave those who don't want to be in bars something to see all day. Wouldn't have been quite the same had it been raining though.

To me the fanzone and the bars and restaurants were all the pre meeting entertainment you could want.

I don't think the pre meeting entertainment makes any difference to the crowd levels,so personally i just accept whatever it is and like many others stay in the pub if its not my cup of tea.

The upside of Cardiff for me is that everything's so handy - the railway station; my hotel; the Walkabout and the Stadium are all within 5 minutes walk - heaven on a stick! The pre-match entertainment is in the Pub; I've got no desire to be wandering the wilds of West London.

I think you might find there is slightly more to do and see within 5 miles of the Wembley stadium than there ever will be at Cardiff. Plus Ealing Road Wembley the shops are open until midnight. Wembley Park station is across the road from the stadium ,it cannot get much handier than that.

I think you might find there is slightly more to do and see within 5 miles of the Wembley stadium than there ever will be at Cardiff. Plus Ealing Road Wembley the shops are open until midnight. Wembley Park station is across the road from the stadium ,it cannot get much handier than that.

Leave the Grand Prix where it is - in Cardiff. London has far too many 'goodies' as it is - as opposed to anywhere else. :angry:

Leave the Grand Prix where it is - in Cardiff. London has far too many 'goodies' as it is - as opposed to anywhere else. :angry:

I for one, would love to see the 2012 European GP being held in the new Olympic stadium London.

As long as we don't get the resident blokey singing Delilah AGAIN. EVERY F**KING YEAR !!!

As long as we don't get the resident blokey singing Delilah AGAIN. EVERY F**KING YEAR !!!

Why Delilah?

Still no news as to who is on? normally announced by now whoever it is my money is on Wagner

Still no news as to who is on? normally announced by now whoever it is my money is on Wagner

For a moment there I thought you'd put WENGER. :rofl:

That WOULD have upset Parsloes. :wink:

Back in the old days of one off world finals,one of the German finals, I think it was Munich, they had the local police motorcycle team doing a display this was one of the best things I have ever seen at a speedway event.

Are the white helmets still about or the imps, entertainment with a capitol E.

Back in the old days of one off world finals,one of the German finals, I think it was Munich, they had the local police motorcycle team doing a display this was one of the best things I have ever seen at a speedway event.

Are the white helmets still about or the imps, entertainment with a capitol E.

I believe that the Army White Helmets Team is no more. Probably H&S, like they got rid of the Field Gun Teams at the Royal Tournament. :angry: