British Speedway Forum

Not in the least bit interested in the PL Pairs this year. I would've been tempted with the pairing of Doyle & Frampton though... No, for me it will be a nice quiet Friday night at the Walkabout in Cardiff :P

Edited by Shadders

There is a way to keep everybody happy / involved.

Take the top two riders from each team

Teams 1-6 qualify for the second stage of the tournament.

Teams 7-14 enter at the first round, two groups of four, each ride against each other.

The top team from each group proceeds to the second round with teams 1-6.

Two more groups of four, same format as the first round.

Top team in each group proceeds to the final.

This format has 25 races compared to the current 24.

Every supporter going gets to see their team the night before the GP. I just wonder at the moment how many fans don't go because their team is not involved. If it adds a few more fans to the gate it deserves consideration.

But the bigger problem IMO is to try and ensure the top two riders from each team, if possible, turn up. I'm fed up of these so called glamour events when riders can't be bothered and teams are forced to send second strings / reserves and the meeting is devalued.

I make that four words and two full stops Squall ;):P

Imagine two middle fingers :wink:

Imagine two middle fingers :wink:

:rofl:

As long as they are imaginary :D

Looks like, Berwick, Scunthorpe, Newport and Ipswich miss out.

Plymouth get in because there top 2 still on assessed averages? so wrong!!!

right enough then.

Edited by penchev

Looks like, Berwick, Scunthorpe, Newport and Ipswich miss out.

Plymouth get in because there top 2 still on assessed averages? so wrong!!!

If this is right, wot a load of crap,team most local= Newport,team who would bring a good load of support = Newport, team who would have won it = Newport.

qualification for this is laughable, BSPA = DICKHEADS

If this is right, wot a load of crap,team most local= Newport,team who would bring a good load of support = Newport, team who would have won it = Newport.

qualification for this is laughable, BSPA = DICKHEADS

Would have to be Lanham and Aspergen for Newport as the others (Doyle, Sedgeman and Gjedde) haven't rode enough matches for Newport. Agree with most you say, all teams should get a chance IMO AND any rider(s) who represents that team. As stated before there is way's to do it.

Surely it cant be beyond the wit of man to include every PL team in this meeting,seed some teams through to the main event then let the rest qualify through a mini-meeting.

It looks like being another BSPA shambles.

Not in the least bit interested in the PL Pairs this year. I would've been tempted with the pairing of Doyle & Frampton though... No, for me it will be a nice quiet Friday night at the Walkabout in Cardiff :P

I'll be at the Pairs but there's an NL meeting at Newport; Hornets V Heathens, if you need a Speedway Fix, Shadders. Are you getting to Cardiff in time for the Practice? :drink:

We have to qualify first, not 100% sure we will make it.

But with Doyle being superb around the OTA and Sedgmen in good form and also a rider who rides the OTA well, you'd have to fancy them to do well if they took part although Lanhams come into some form and the two meetings I witnessed at the OTA last year, Somerset Vs Newport in the PT and SBT, Lanham was superb and was passing the likes of Gathercole. You can also rely on a fair few Wasps fans making the trip over if they take part.

There would be 4 of us going if the Wasps rode

With only 2wks to go until the PL Pairs at Somerset, I guess it's a little too much to hope if anyone would know the contesting teams for the event??? Not that anyone would be attending of course!!!!!!

How long will we have to wait for the confirmed line-up?

Same old BSPA :sad:

Surely it cant be beyond the wit of man to include every PL team in this meeting,seed some teams through to the main event then let the rest qualify through a mini-meeting.

It looks like being another BSPA shambles.

See my post above. Pass it on to BSPA. You never know they might just ignore it :-)