British Speedway Forum

Is everyone heading for the Prince of Wales on Saturday ? Or is the BSF meet up a thing of the past now ?

Is everyone heading for the Prince of Wales on Saturday ? Or is the BSF meet up a thing of the past now ?

I'll be at the POW mate, it still seems to be the meeting point for everyone.

All the best

Rob

Is that the Wetherspoons on the main st in front of the stadium?

Is that the Wetherspoons on the main st in front of the stadium?

Corner of St Mary's Street and Wood Street (the road that leads up to the stadium) Entrance/exit to the pub on both streets

map of Cardiff City centre

I'll be there as usual... Normally a good turnout, although some are pretty shy in coming forward, so please identify yourself to the short Greek chap ;)

Edited by Shadders

I'll be at the PoW as always. Just hope the coach driver puts his foot down and doesn't do something silly like stop for a red light :lol:

Pow and Walkabout will probably be my two stop offs.

Train gets us into Cardiff for 10:30 so it's likely to be Pow for breakfast

Anyone looking for real ale, as opposed to fizz, should head for the City Arms, across the road from the stadium entrance in Westgate Street, and opposite the car park entrance.

Anyone looking for real ale, as opposed to fizz, should head for the City Arms, across the road from the stadium entrance in Westgate Street, and opposite the car park entrance.

That's where we go, proper boozer :approve: Then head off to the POW just to catch up with a few. Can't stand the place myself, but it's where everyone goes :)

Me and George will need to pay the City Arms a visit then . I'm quite partial to real ale , though the wee man only drinks that lager muck .

So that's the City Arms , POW , Walkabout and Queen's Vaults in our pub crawl . Any more suggestions ?

Friday - POW followed by Walkabout

Saturday - POW followed by Walkabout

Me and George will need to pay the City Arms a visit then . I'm quite partial to real ale , though the wee man only drinks that lager muck.

So that's the City Arms , POW , Walkabout and Queen's Vaults in our pub crawl . Any more suggestions?

Sound's good, I'm partial to the odd pint of the Malty stuff! :drink:

Thought I would post this up from the 2007 Cardiff SGP in support of Leigh Adams' recovery since we are all getting ready for another Cardiff SGP... fantastic performance from Leigh in this race... Leigh Adams - Cardiff 2007

Sorry bout the TV recording... but its good enough to watch. (just pick 720p option if your T'internet is fastish like Leigh in this race) :wink:

Edited by BongoBrian

Me and George will need to pay the City Arms a visit then . I'm quite partial to real ale , though the wee man only drinks that lager muck .

So that's the City Arms , POW , Walkabout and Queen's Vaults in our pub crawl . Any more suggestions ?

You could also try the Goat Major at the top end of St Mary street, towards the castle, only 5 mins or so from the stadium and the City Arms. Probably the best pint of Brains in the city centre!

Yes, stay away from kerbs.... :party::rofl:

I'll be in every pub around Cardiff all weekend, no doubt with various ladies in tow.

I'll be in every pub around Cardiff all weekend, no doubt with various ladies in tow.

ha ha..a little harem :party: