British Speedway Forum

:o

Very surprised by that.

Maybe he will be a track expert at Plymouth :D Whatever, I wish him well.

It's not that long ago that he got a 15 point max at Brough. Had some shocking meetings afterwards, often just pulling up on the centre green when in last place.

• Like 1

It's not that long ago that he got a 15 point max at Brough. Had some shocking meetings afterwards, often just pulling up on the centre green when in last place.

And I think that's the thing with Ricky, he's always seemed inconsistent away from Owlerton. If he has an off day with Plymouth there could be some absolute maulings away from SBA.

And I think that's the thing with Ricky, he's always seemed inconsistent away from Owlerton. If he has an off day with Plymouth there could be some absolute maulings away from SBA.

I agree with you. I think it is all in his head and, when he has to, he is very capable on all tracks.

We are well used to that - look at last seasons results away from the SBA :sad:

Your well off the mark tsunami! You clearly have him mixed up with someone else. Seen him win many races at brough park

Twice he's had a max at newcastle one was a stunning 18 point one too!

• Like 1

Ricky is definitely not what I would call a one track pony, and he can ride the small tracks, but he can be inconsistent. Could go either way for him, this move to Plymouth - hopefully he will kick on. I think he has reached his level myself, but if he is going to get any better it will be away from Sheffield IMO.

Your well off the mark tsunami! You clearly have him mixed up with someone else. Seen him win many races at brough park

Also seem him can't be ersed to race and just dropped out. Terrible for a number 1 rider. Been around long enough to know the traits of Ricky and not mixing him up with someone else.(haven't got rick in my name either) :lol:

Edited by Tsunami

Ricky wil be fine, he can ride all tracks well, he's just a bit up and down but a month of riding the SBA and working out it's quirks he'll be just fine there. He's a decent rider and decent riders work out any home track quick enough.

bowden in local paper today appealing for help to get the track ready for new season he says he will provide the paint but can you bring your own brushes! i think this tells you everything you need to know about the man an absolute tight arsed cheapskate looking to benefit from genuine fans decency.80 hours a week what a load of crap lucky if he does 8!

bowden in local paper today appealing for help to get the track ready for new season he says he will provide the paint but can you bring your own brushes! i think this tells you everything you need to know about the man an absolute tight arsed cheapskate looking to benefit from genuine fans decency.80 hours a week what a load of crap lucky if he does 8!

Actually I think that just makes sense. It's how Leicester was built and a lot of clubs have people who turn up to do this. I remember a group of offered to do this at Newport years back for Tim Stone and got asked what was in it for us and the offer was turned down!

Ricky is an excellent rider as most people are quite aware.

Ricky is an excellent rider as most people are quite aware.

What do people exspect Glanz to average? Rode last year in Demark i think he will average over 6?

What do people exspect Glanz to average? Rode last year in Demark i think he will average over 6?

Unless he's seriously improved he'll do well to hit 5. I'll go with a little over 4.

Actually I think that just makes sense. It's how Leicester was built and a lot of clubs have people who turn up to do this. I remember a group of offered to do this at Newport years back for Tim Stone and got asked what was in it for us and the offer was turned down!

Well said :approve:

Its hardly unheard of to have volunteers in. In fact, I once painted the whole of Mildenhall's fence.

Well said :approve:

Its hardly unheard of to have volunteers in. In fact, I once painted the whole of Mildenhall's fence.

Actually me and about 8 others have been to Brough Park all day painting both sides of the kickboards. Just got to make some new ones, take out and replace a lot of fenceposts, replace some netting, nail on all the kickboards, paint the pits, put the poly sheeting on the fence and do a dozen other jobs. That'll be our time taken up every Sunday until Practice day.

Do folks think the fairies do it all. :lol:

• Like 2