British Speedway Forum

No doubt about it, with Ben, Ryan and Leigh on board, numbers on the gate going to multiply by plenty. Only troubles going to be, getting in and keeping my usual spot! Can't 'ardly wait! Everyone welcome by the way.

Maybe Fisher has lowered his demands??

I think it was more Mike Bowden getting himself out of the s--t, and knowing he had to get a very good rider, when you sign a rider with an average of over 9 it wont come cheap.

Edited by Devildodger

Well that will come as news to the 20 odd Monarchs fans that were present, including myself.

As your first assertion was incorrect, on what actual factual information do you base your claim re Fisher's excessive demands, or is it just another vacuous statement from someone claiming to be in the know ?

Indeed their were some Monarchs fans in who I had the pleasure of standing and chatting with on the back straight. Cracking bunch and noisy too :D

I think it was more Mike Bowden getting himself out of the s--t, and knowing he had to get a very good rider.

Hes been a numpty allegedly at times, but by hook or by crook he's putting together a decent side this year....a very good one if the rumoured changes are made...

Hes been a numpty allegedly at times, but by hook or by crook he's putting together a decent side this year....a very good one if the rumoured changes are made...

Mike Bowden could sign Jason Crump and he would still get the knocker's, they don't want anything to do with running the club, and they won't face about it, but they will still knock him, yes he has made mistakes we all have, but unless they can do better, give it a rest, if they don't like the way he is running the club don't go, there are plenty of people in the Country that would be happy to go and watch Plymouth for £12 on a friday, just think about that.

• Like 2

So with the fantastic following Plymouth get there must be a lot of people queing up for shares and for potentially being future owners. How is all this going? There hasn't been anything posted in this respect for some time.

I am certainly not prepared to reveal openly who told me that because it was said in confidence but I have neither made it up or been told by someone in the pub. In truth, and aside from what I was told, there really aren't that many reasons why a rider as exciting, capable and able as Fisher was almost frozen out of British Speedway altogether.

So in other words unsubstantiated gossip which you are happy to spout on here as quasi-fact.

Of course an awkward GSA figure had nothing to do with it or did that never cross your mind ?

BTW if "said in confidence" as you allege, you're not very good at keeping such information privy :shock:

I think anyone who knows HT would tell you that he doesn't go round spouting unsubstantiated gossip. I'm going to make an assumption now and say that the fact that Fisher didn't find a team spot in either league until late in the day, and only then once another rider had left for another club, suggests that he has been asking clubs for a fair bit of money. His perogative of course with a family to feed.

I too will vouch for HT.He does ask questions to the right people.Just like any of us can. Does anyone actually ask Promoters any questions anymore? Most are quite happy to reply in my experience.

I know for a fact that one PL promoter has said that Fishers demands for this season were equal to half his other riders put together!

Im simply looking forward to some great racing at SBA,as I have done ever since the Devils came back into the sport.

It is genuinely one of my favourite circuits to watch racing. :approve:

Its going to be a new experience for me calling SBA my home circuit.New challenge and some terrific supporters too.

Cant wait now.

I too will vouch for HT.He does ask questions to the right people.Just like any of us can. Does anyone actually ask Promoters any questions anymore? Most are quite happy to reply in my experience.

I know for a fact that one PL promoter has said that Fishers demands for this season were equal to half his other riders put together!

Im simply looking forward to some great racing at SBA,as I have done ever since the Devils came back into the sport.

It is genuinely one of my favourite circuits to watch racing. :approve:

Its going to be a new experience for me calling SBA my home circuit.New challenge and some terrific supporters too.

Cant wait now.

Spot on bob, to have Ryan Fisher and Ben Barker in the same team, well done Mike Bowden, like you bob i cant wait, press and practice will be interesting.

Halifaxtigers Posts are always informative and interesting and worth reading. Which is more than you can say for some people's. Never any unsubstantiated gossip in my experience.

So in other words unsubstantiated gossip which you are happy to spout on here as quasi-fact.

Of course an awkward GSA figure had nothing to do with it or did that never cross your mind ?

BTW if "said in confidence" as you allege, you're not very good at keeping such information privy :shock:

I think my reputation for integrity has been established, don't you ?

Personally, I would say it is extremely naive to suggest that a rider of Fisher's quality would be unable to find a place at either an EL or PL track simply because of an awkward average and would be looking for a more plausible reason.

No doubt that you believe that Bob C is also 'spouting quasi fact' and that BP's reasoned guess is merely foolish speculation. I would be the first to admit that the pages of this forum can occasionally be a hotbed of baseless rumour and untruth but not every post is like that.

While I did disclose what had been told to me in confidence, I neither disclosed the source nor anywhere near the full extent of what I was told. In truth, I had heard many times in past seasons from fans that Fisher's demands were extraordinary (and if believe otherwise you are certainly the only fan I have ever spoken to who does) and merely repeated that, only on this occasion I had the assurance of more reliable information.

In truth, I don't think I said anything that most fans didn't know anyway.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

I think my reputation for integrity has been established, don't you ?

Personally, I would say it is extremely naive to suggest that a rider of Fisher's quality would be unable to find a place at either an EL or PL track simply because of an awkward average and would be looking for a more plausible reason.

No doubt that you believe that Bob C is also 'spouting quasi fact' and that BP's reasoned guess is merely foolish speculation. I would be the first to admit that the pages of this forum can occasionally be a hotbed of baseless rumour and untruth but not every post is like that.

While I did disclose what had been told to me in confidence, I neither disclosed the source nor anywhere near the full extent of what I was told. In truth, I had heard many times in past seasons from fans that Fisher's demands were extraordinary (and if believe otherwise you are certainly the only fan I have ever spoken to who does) and merely repeated that, only on this occasion I had the assurance of more reliable information.

In truth, I don't think I said anything that most fans didn't know anyway.

So the clique of gossip know-alls back up each other up on here, surprise, surprise !

FYi being a Monarchs supporter, where Ryan rode from 2008 - 10, I never heard any utterance that he was not good value for whatever he was paid.

That you admit disclosing alleged confidential information, which could be prejudicial to a specific rider's future job prospects in a public forum, is hardly praiseworthy conduct. .

• Like 1

So the clique of gossip know-alls back up each other up on here, surprise, surprise !

FYi being a Monarchs supporter, where Ryan rode from 2008 - 10, I never heard any utterance that he was not good value for whatever he was paid.

That you admit disclosing alleged confidential information, which could be prejudicial to a specific rider's future job prospects in a public forum, is hardly praiseworthy conduct. .

Nobody has mentioned that Ryan was not not good value for what he was being paid!! They were just pointing out that his wage demands might have been a hinderance on finding a club.He has now found a club everybody happy :lol:

I don't think for one minute Mike Bowden would sign Ryan Fisher unless he wasn't good value for the money, i think with some rider's you know you will get what you pay for, and i would put Ryan Fisher in that league, along with Ben Barker and Leigh Lanham, a good reason why Mike Bowden has gone for Leigh, i think a few that he had gone for this year i wouldn't put in that league, and i don't blame him if he make's even more change's to the team, i'm not saying it's right but it's down to him.