British Speedway Forum
Lioness

Shane Parker Farewell 18th March 5pm

Some good racing, a great programme, some poignant moments, pleased to have witnessed Shane's last four laps here in GB (fully clothed too!!), best of luck as he opens the next chapter in his life ...................

Fantastic weekend in brilliant company . Amazed Shane could do 4 laps yesterday considering at what time he left the bar at the Garrison on Saturday night :drink: . Be strange not having Shane in British speedway anymore , but he will be remembered with only fond memories by us in Glasgow . Was good to see the size of the crowd that turned up to honour him , 3000 i heard Dave Hoggard say . No one deserves it more .

• Like 1

Good crowd, good racing, exactly what Shane deserved for his send-off. Well done to Chris on his win, Auty on a brilliant display aswell and all the riders for competing and providing us with a good meeting. All the best to Shane and his family for the future and thank you for everything you have done for speedway Parks.

Absolutely cracking weekend with some excellent company from friends old and new.

And the fellow we all came to honour, Shane Parker "The Ultimate Showman To The End", Thank for all the seasons entertaining us the fans, and for personally for last season when you were awesome.for Sheffield.

Of the riders yesterday Chris Holder, Iversen and Josh Auty stood out for me.

A richly deserved and by the sound of it a very well attended meeting for Parks :approve: Must admit he hasnt been bad for a Glasgow Tigers legend/messiah i guess :P Like he did on most tracks he always rode Armadale very well and entertained us all many times over the years.He always loved the 'banter' with the Monarchs faithful too and took it all in good spirit so fair play to him for that!Always loved his jousts with Peter Carr although 9 times out of ten PC tanned his erse of course :wink::lol: .He's also been a very important voice for his fellow riders over the years and must be applauded for that as well.I wish him all the best in whatever lies ahead for him whether still involved in speedway or not.Young Aussie riders wont go far wrong if they follow his example.All the best Parks :)

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

Glad to hear that there was a good turnout for Shane Parkers farewell. Richly deserved the man has given a lot to speedway ON and OFF the track and fully deserved an excellent send off. I wish him well in his next chapter of his life.

just got back from parks bash what a weekend . cant do many of them again. what asend off hard act to follow good luck shane for the future.

A bit belated i know,but cheers to all I met up with last Sunday at SPF meeting.Sorry to have to miss latter half of meeting,due to commitments.At least the plant pots in the NBT were still in one piece when we left!! :cheers:

I have Shane's own jacket from his last season at Sheffield plus a Shane Parker pit shirt & a signed programme from the Farewell meeting currently on Ebay.

All proceeds from these sales will go to Shane's Farewell Fund in recognition of his services.

Caught up with the Great Man at Gillman last weekend (at the bar!). He's planning to do some work with local SA & Vic Juniors, so the future's looking good!

First up he's getting a Coach's Licence.

He reckons: "I want to do more than just teach kids to ride; there's more to racing than just riding a bike and the lads need guidance from an early age."

Knowing what he was like at an early age, the mind boggles!

Edited by BigFatDave

I have the last few programmes for sale from this meeting, there are no more left as was just about a sell out on the day.

They are available for £3 each plus an A5 stamped addressed envelope. There is also 1 signed by Shane available for £7.50 plus the stamped addressed envelope.

All proceeds will go to Shane's Farewell Fund in recognition of his services.

Please PM me for details & will be sold on a 1st come 1st served basis

Julie

Caught up with the Great Man at Gillman last weekend (at the bar!). He's planning to do some work with local SA & Vic Juniors, so the future's looking good!

First up he's getting a Coach's Licence.

He reckons: "I want to do more than just teach kids to ride; there's more to racing than just riding a bike and the lads need guidance from an early age."

Knowing what he was like at an early age, the mind boggles!

Hi BFD, is Shane still riding competitively at Gillman or is he just coaching? I thought I read he planned to have 1 last season racing.

Cheers.