British Speedway Forum
iris123

Gorzow Gp Saturday 23rd June

Yup, had a tenner on Vaculik, gutted as had 3 riders knocked out in semi's so could have had my second lock out in final.

'Mechanical Failures'. Let's face it the so called turnaround in Denmark wasn't really a turnaround, he just rode his luck (which I accept is a major part of Speedway in the end). Tonight he was an embarrassment, but you just know every Speedway media outlet will be full of Harris blaming everything but himself, his machinery, his dog, his girlfriend...

Unless he qualifies through the SGP Qualifiers (for the sake of the series, I hope he doesn't quite frankly), he and Bjerre are surely done for on this form. It's a shame for Bjerre, who if he was British would easily 'deserve' another go, but as he isn't, I can't see him being afforded the same charity, especially when Iversen, Jensen and the like are waiting in the wings.

The two new boys were superb tonight. If Vaculik doesn't qualify by right, he surely warrants a Wild Card on tonight's form. Brilliant.

JT.

With the younsters coming through Harris will struggle in SGP Qualifiers IMO. Needs someone reliable to sort his machinary ,Ihave never seen a GP rider pull-up with bike trouble as many times as Chris in the last couple of seasons it cant all be down to bad luck (can it).

• Like 1

With the younsters coming through Harris will struggle in SGP Qualifiers IMO. Needs someone reliable to sort his machinary ,Ihave never seen a GP rider pull-up with bike trouble as many times as Chris in the last couple of seasons it cant all be down to bad luck (can it).

The odd one you can consider as bad luck,but with Harris its becoming a regular thing.

Kenny Bjerre has had quite a few mechanical failures in the GP's too.

Another great GP round. :approve:

The odd one you can consider as bad luck,but with Harris its becoming a regular thing.

Exactly. Nobody has that much "bad luck". Dave Jessup was the same, although he was a genuine contender on occasions where as Harris never has been and never will be.

To be fair, he's never looked like cutting it, bar a few months in 2010 and there are so many better riders than Harris not getting the preferential treatment that he is from IMG. They are destroying him by picking him year on year.

I hope for his own sake they don't pick him next year and if they do, his most sensible option would be to turn it down.

If we must have a British rider representing us next year, I'd rather Tai Woffinden have another season. He should have been picked this year ahead of Harris. He can't be any worse and in fact on this year's form I think he would have done a decent job.

Harris has now been gifted a place for the world title five out of six years and I'm afraid that is unacceptable.

• Like 3

Exactly. Nobody has that much "bad luck". Dave Jessup was the same, although he was a genuine contender on occasions where as Harris never has been and never will be.

To be fair, he's never looked like cutting it, bar a few months in 2010 and there are so many better riders than Harris not getting the preferential treatment that he is from IMG. They are destroying him by picking him year on year.

I hope for his own sake they don't pick him next year and if they do, his most sensible option would be to turn it down.

If we must have a British rider representing us next year, I'd rather Tai Woffinden have another season. He should have been picked this year ahead of Harris. He can't be any worse and in fact on this year's form I think he would have done a decent job.

Harris has now been gifted a place for the world title five out of six years and I'm afraid that is unacceptable.

Harris has dined out on his one GP win for some time,if he qualifys as of right for next year,either by GP Challenge or top 8 finish,then fair doos,he will have earned another go at the GP series.But its out of the question for him to be considered for a wild card pick next year.

On Woffinden,theres an article in this weeks Speedway Star with him,and he`s not excatly jumping at the prospect of wanting a GP wild card for next year.

• Like 1

Harris has dined out on his one GP win for some time,if he qualifys as of right for next year,either by GP Challenge or top 8 finish,then fair doos,he will have earned another go at the GP series.But its out of the question for him to be considered for a wild card pick next year.

On Woffinden,theres an article in this weeks Speedway Star with him,and he`s not excatly jumping at the prospect of wanting a GP wild card for next year.

Yes of course, I was forgetting he could yet still qualify and fair play to him if he does, he'll deserve his place. He's never qualified yet through that route and when you consider he gets two chances per year to qualify, he's qualified once in ten opportunities (I think he opted out of the qualifiers once or twice but the opportunity was there)

As for Woffinden, I can't quite understand why he wouldn't take it on next year. He's ambitious and has been around at the top level long enough to give it a crack now.

Yes of course, I was forgetting he could yet still qualify and fair play to him if he does, he'll deserve his place. He's never qualified yet through that route and when you consider he gets two chances per year to qualify, he's qualified once in ten opportunities (I think he opted out of the qualifiers once or twice but the opportunity was there)

As for Woffinden, I can't quite understand why he wouldn't take it on next year. He's ambitious and has been around at the top level long enough to give it a crack now.

Reading his interview in this weeks Speedway Star Woffindens clearly in two minds whether to take a GP wild card if one was offered indeed,one pick will go to Hampel and another to Darcy Ward should he make it known he wants to take on the GPs,that doesnt leave alot of room for a Brit.

Reading his interview in this weeks Speedway Star Woffindens clearly in two minds whether to take a GP wild card if one was offered indeed,one pick will go to Hampel and another to Darcy Ward should he make it known he wants to take on the GPs,that doesnt leave alot of room for a Brit.

Though Tai indicated on Sky last night that he was quite keen if offered a Wild card.

• Like 1

Though Tai indicated on Sky last night that he was quite keen if offered a Wild card.

As I posted the kid is in two minds,in the Speedway Star interview he does seem unsure.

Laguta, Ward, Hampel plus Vaculik are the 4 worthy picks, although visas may screw Laguta chances

Harris is proof that the best riders should be in the GP irrespective of nationality, he isnt up to the level required england is now a third rate speedway nation, oh for another collins, morton, lee, simmons, jessup, carter etc

In the gp a couple of weeks ago harris was really good and also he is flying in the league.

Prob is even when he is doing well, he always wants to do better so messes about with his set up and as seen it doesnt always work

Edited by mdmc82

In the gp a couple of weeks ago harris was really good and also he is flying in the league.

Prob is even when he is doing well, he always wants to do better so messes about with his set up and as seen it doesnt always work

He has an average of 4.60 in Poland (and has been dropped from the last few matches) while he is on 6.24 in Sweden.

He may well score heavily in the weak Elite League over here, but his form in the major leagues is certainly not impressive.