British Speedway Forum

it really has nothing to do with if people like the rule or not..... the rule is there until it isnt and it isnt up to riders like Nicki to start putting others in danger

here is the incident in question........ Nicki clearly starts a potentially serious domino effect at 14 seconds..... he wasnt by the fence.... he was right in the way of the racing line coming out of the bend and forcing Crump to come inside..... Jonsson was catching up at a rate of knots and both Crump and Jonsson had consequential decisions to make

even if it is considered that the incident wasnt an issue..... and my personal opinion is that it was (we are not talking about Ermolenko style team riding here... or even Gollob team riding the Russian around)....... then by allowing that nonsense it gives the green light for it in the future ... which is exactly what it did

I would sincerely hope not. No-one will ever know for sure. But once Nicki Pedersen had done the evil deed, who could blame the Riders in the following Heats for trying to do the same to improve their positions in the Meeting.

I'm afraid it left a nasty taste in my mouth.

Well im afraid im gonna have to disagree with you there,some of the things holder and ward do arent exactly good or safe sometimes.i know what nicki can be like .but think the aussies would have done exactly the same.look at what holder did to bomber.and the trouble it caused in the pits.

If they exclude riders for "not racing" all they will do is pull onto the infield with an ef anyway.

• Like 1

it really has nothing to do with if people like the rule or not..... the rule is there until it isnt and it isnt up to riders like Nicki to start putting others in danger

here is the incident in question........ Nicki clearly starts a potentially serious domino effect at 14 seconds..... he wasnt by the fence.... he was right in the way of the racing line coming out of the bend and forcing Crump to come inside..... Jonsson was catching up at a rate of knots and both Crump and Jonsson had consequential decisions to make

even if it is considered that the incident wasnt an issue..... and my personal opinion is that it was (we are not talking about Ermolenko style team riding here... or even Gollob team riding the Russian around)....... then by allowing that nonsense it gives the green light for it in the future ... which is exactly what it did

Why only show the last half a lap in the vid? Why not show the whole race in where Pedersen was constantly checking where Crump was and which lines were being ridden? Although even in the short video clup you've posted a link to, it's still evident he was doing this. I've never been a Pedersen fans (although my views are changing, he's a character the sport needs atm), and have seen him riding dangerously out of control, on this occasion it's my opion that he wasn't putting any of the riders or indeed himself in danger.

As for giving the green light to future nonsense, the only nonsense is the rule itself and what Pedersen did last night was highlight that. If (and it should be) the rule is now thrown out of SWC, or at least the race off & final, Pedersen should be given the equivalent of a speedway knighthood! ;)

People who don't think the Aussies would have done the same need a reality check too. Crump was gutted Pedersen finished behind him, and repaid the favour in the very next heat, or do you believe Davy Watt really did have bike problems? :rofl:

• Like 2

Well im afraid im gonna have to disagree with you there,some of the things holder and ward do arent exactly good or safe sometimes.i know what nicki can be like .but think the aussies would have done exactly the same.look at what holder did to bomber.and the trouble it caused in the pits.

I agree,in fact Crumpy should have been aware than Nicki would try that and slowed down more as even had he been last that would have worked better. What Holder did to Bomber was nothing more than carrying too much speed into the bend,it wasn't a dirty Nicki type move.

Why only show the last half a lap in the vid? Why not show the whole race in where Pedersen was constantly checking where Crump was and which lines were being ridden? Although even in the short video clup you've posted a link to, it's still evident he was doing this. I've never been a Pedersen fans (although my views are changing, he's a character the sport needs atm), and have seen him riding dangerously out of control, on this occasion it's my opion that he wasn't putting any of the riders or indeed himself in danger.

As for giving the green light to future nonsense, the only nonsense is the rule itself and what Pedersen did last night was highlight that. If (and it should be) the rule is now thrown out of SWC, or at least the race off & final, Pedersen should be given the equivalent of a speedway knighthood! ;)

People who don't think the Aussies would have done the same need a reality check too. Crump was gutted Pedersen finished behind him, and repaid the favour in the very next heat, or do you believe Davy Watt really did have bike problems? :rofl:

Bravo :lol: what a brillaint post.couldnt of put it better myself. :t:

No I don't believe he had an Engine Failure - BUT - the precedence had been set by Pedersen.

The 'Joker' is a Joke - it should be laughed out of our Sport. It ruins the Credibility and the Integrity of Speedway - it also encourages dishonesty and gamesmanship as we saw last night.

You'd think the way some are carrying on. All these Aussies will be bestowed with sainthoods..Come on! Don't make me laugh... :rofl:

They got outridden and outsmarted simple as that! :approve:

• Like 5

If they exclude riders for "not racing" all they will do is pull onto the infield with an ef anyway.

It's what i said.Or one of the examples,but spook say's you can check that :P:icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

You'd think the way some are carrying on. All these Aussies will be bestowed with sainthoods..Come on! Don't make me laugh... :rofl:

:t: Here here jacques. :P
  • Like 1

Well said!!!

All the best

Rob

No I don't believe he had an Engine Failure - BUT - the precedence had been set by Pedersen.

The 'Joker' is a Joke - it should be laughed out of our Sport. It ruins the Credibility and the Integrity of Speedway - it also encourages dishonesty and gamesmanship as we saw last night.

Isn't gamesmanship part of sport?

There was nothing dishonest in what Pedersen did, he was simply using the rules, or gamesmanship if you prefer to try to help his country win. Who's to say Crump wasn't happy to sit behind Pedersen and not try his best to beat him, same difference if you ask me.

But you're correct, the precedence had been set by Pedersen as he was so hilariously blatant about what he'd done, and as I effectively keep saying, well done that man for showing how uncredible the rule it is for the sport. Sport shouldn't be about rewarding losers, and thankfully in this instance it didn't have a bearing on the overall result.

• Like 2

There is credibility and integrity in Speedway? Thats a new one, I know there is dishonesty and gamesmanship though. :oops:

• Like 1

Well, all this comment about what Nicki did I find sanctimonious. Can't remember seeing any comment about riders "shutting off" in league racing when they are in front of their team mate when they are wearing the tablecloth to gain an 8-1.

• Like 1

All this criticism of NP and the Danes, people are forgetting one thing. The stupid joke ruling was penalising the Danes for winning races, and benefiting those teams not good enough to win races. So if the Danes ensured this unsporting rule could not easily be applied, then fair play to them, and as someone else already pointed out, the Aussies would have done the same, and did in the following race, and I seem to recall the Aussies, although not quite so blatantly, did do the same last season in the SWC and ensured a rider finished last to enforce the joker if memory serves me correctly.

Well done NP for outsmarting Crump.

Now, on to Holder. I was a big fan of Holder, but over the last month Holder as shown the fact he is a sore loser. The last GP he accused two other riders of bailing out too easily, in the Kings Lynn event he accused Harris of bailing out too easily when it was clear for all to see he had swiped his wheel away, a trend developing here with Noddy and accusing other riders of bailing. Then last night he deliberately spat out his water directly at the camera after they lost. All very childish and pathetic stuff, which is disappointing because I had started to respect Holder as a racer and how he came across as being professional.

Mr Shovlar on here defended him, but I guarantee if he rode for any other club than Poole, Mr Shovlar would have hanged, drawn and quartered him.

As for Sweden direct to the final, ridiculous, in what other sport are the hosts directly given a free pass to the final? Although, I suspect Sweden might have qualified on merit anyway. But with the speedway WC only hosted amongst a select few nations, you can't give a free golden ticket to those same few nations every year, unfair on the Americans and Aussies who are never given a chance to host the SWC.

But overall, a fascinating SWC, I thought Team GB did better than most of us expected them too, the Danes looked superb in the Semi and the Final.

• Like 2