British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
diamond_ren

PL Pairs, Somerset 24/8

that's one of the reasons i give meetings like this a miss! :blink:

Me too. Long way to come to see your team have potentially just 4 heats.

well done adam rene awsome display.

any rider whos looking for a team place please give keith or tony a ring.

you wont regret it.

Well done The Comets pair, but i must admit i am especially pleased for Adam, no one deserves this more, with all the bad luck he has had over the years with injuries, their is no more personable guy in Speedway, and we at The Heathens love to have him riding for us, but on this occasion he has his Workington colours on, and well done for the pair, and something for the Comets fans to cheer about.

• Like 6

Redcar - Ostergaard out - BRENDAN JOHNSON in!

And you still finished above Sheffield !

• Like 1

Congratulations to Workington on their win,especially for Adam Roynon who has had some shocking luck with injuries,certainly one of the riders of the season for me.

Giving the strength of some of the teams,Id like to have seen Berwick taken their place there last night,a pair of Alden & Bellego would certainly have done better than one or two teams.

• Like 1

The wait goes on.... Congrats to the Comets, very sneaky move and it paid off.

Curious as to what the 'very sneaky move' was?

Anyhow, more to the point a completely unqualified congratulations to the Workington boys on their pairs win, pleased for the Comets fans too

And you still finished above Sheffield !

:rofl:
  • Like 2

Just woke up no voice from the cheering and a sore head from the drink in the hotel bar afterwards that was one hell of a night and worth every mile as a Comets fan.

Rene & Adam looked fantastic all night and the racing for me stood out even more as it looked so dark over the track before the meeting so bad i was convinced the weather was going to win. but it held off and the lads done us proud

come on the comet!!!

• Like 4

Well done too the comets the racing seemed like it was very good Adam and Josh in the mix who rode well on the night.?

Edited by sidney

Well done comets thought we had you in the semis but bach just held off wrighty, but well done to the somerset track staff as the track could have been a lot worse.

Well done worky, masterstroke putting Royno in and they are indebted to Ludvig Lindgren for their win also :)

• Like 2

Just got back, great weekend bit tired now though.Well done Workington deserved winners on the night, I especially liked the way that even though they were guaranteed the title when Auty fell they still rode a fast race to get first and second, well done.Roynon looked very sharp and impressive,which is nice for him after all his injury woes,after the poor showing of the Brits in the GP ( embarrassingly outclassed imo),he may be a bright light on the horizon. As for the Rebels well, the usual I`m afraid , the "second String" of the pair wasn`t consistent enough , so when Wrighty missed the start it was no points, for him.Doyley was frantically trying to slow the semi to get him into third, whilst keeping an eye on Roynon, but you never felt comfortable that Wrighty would get past.Top riders on the night apart from the Comets pair were Josh and Jorgy, Kauko, Baby Bjerre ( love it when he misses the start!), Doyley and Tully who surprised me.

On a personal note great to see Statto, Naj, Mark and Di again, but somehow managed to miss Dave T( don`t know how he`s big enough!).

• Like 3