British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
glycerol

Berwick Vs. Edinburgh (pl) Saturday Sept 1st, 7.00pm

ANOTHER CUT-PRICE BARGAIN NIGHT AT THE NEXT SATURDAY SKID-SHOw

Following the success of Wednesday night’s bargain promotion (highlighted by a big on-track win over Plymouth Devils) Berwick’s speedway Bandits - sponsored by A & J Scott Ltd of Wooperton - will again slash admission prices (£10 all adults, all accompanied U-16 children FREE) for their big local derby clash with Edinburgh Monarchs Saturday, September 1st.

With a Northern Junior League mini-match following the Premier League action, there are 19 races on the menu for September 1st, and with racing being followed by a giant Hog Roast in the pits area – to be attended by the riders of both teams - the evening has all the makings of a great, yet not-too-expensive Saturday Night Out!

Club director John Anderson has made clear his reason for issuing this invitation to citizens of Berwick and surrounding areas, plus of course the travelling speedway supporters of Edinburgh Monarchs.

“We have to encourage people to come along and have an enjoyable family night out,” he stated at the weekend.

“We are in the entertainment business, and we want to attract people who will make a Saturday night out at Shielfield their summer hobby.

“This cut-price promotion of a local derby match seemed a good place to set out our stall – and I am urging everyone to come along, to tell their friends and neighbours about the cut-price deal and to encourage folk to give it a try.

“If we get another positive response, prices can be lowered in future – we aren’t here to make a fortune, and any increase in regular attendance will be passed back to the public.

“Berwick has had a speedway show on Summer Saturday nights for over forty years, and we are hoping to encourage a turn-out to let us help the club plan to keep it going for at least forty more!”

Admission prices are ONLY 10 for all adults with children under 16 being admitted FREE as long as they accompanied by an adult.

Entry to the Hog Roast in the pits will be FREE to members of Bandits Supporters Club (BSC), and only £5 to other adults, £3 to children.

I think Berwick are trying very hard to get new people to come to speedway with their cut price admission for the Edinburgh match but also note Monarchs have a double header on the Friday night so maybe that has something to do with it [maybe not]interesting to see if there is a good crowd if there is a discount next home meeting Glasgow also offering 10 pound admission tough times indeed

think a supporter who pays every week should get some kind of discount by showing the ticket from the last match

think a supporter who pays every week should get some kind of discount by showing the ticket from the last match

Isn't that called a season ticket

no rong a gain

Cresent Girls right,its a season ticket you want for that king of discount.

Id be tempted to buy a season ticket for next season,somebody out there is bound to have one for this season,would it be possible if you could post price and how many meetings you get for your money eg,does it include KOC meetings,PT meetings,YS meetings,I know the GP meeting wasnt included which I understand.Im not so much bothered about the benefits you get for the supporters club,but if theres a discount to be had,and it worked out a good deal cheaper its bound to be a good way in getting guaranteed extra people through the gate and income into the club.

looks like they fear that with edin's double header few will make trip to down to berwick which wont bolster the ever diminishing numbers at berwick on the due to the injuries and consistently poor racing served up this season on the back of inconsistent track prep.

Edited by Dekker

looks like they fear that with edin's double header few will make trip to down to berwick which wont bolster the ever diminishing numbers at berwick on the due to the injuries and consistently poor racing served up this season on the back of inconsistent track prep.

Put the spoon away

You not mixing yourself up don't know what the rest off your Monarch fans will think of you talking about Armadale like that , probably wash your mouth out with Mad dog the local delicacy through that way :party:

Put the spoon away

I'm serious add what i've said above to a weakened Edin line-up with no Cook or Tabaka is hardly likely to pull the masses down the A1 is it.

Given the facts it's a bold move by the Berwick promotion.

Edited by Dekker

I'm serious add what i've said above to a weakened Edin line-up with no Cook or Tabaka is hardly likely to pull the masses down the A1 is it.

Id be attending this meeting even on full prices,so its a most welcome offer from the promotion that gets me in for £10,though Im sure one of our merry band will be paying £20. :D

• Like 1

Id be tempted to buy a season ticket for next season,somebody out there is bound to have one for this season,would it be possible if you could post price and how many meetings you get for your money eg,does it include KOC meetings,PT meetings,YS meetings,I know the GP meeting wasnt included which I understand.Im not so much bothered about the benefits you get for the supporters club,but if theres a discount to be had,and it worked out a good deal cheaper its bound to be a good way in getting guaranteed extra people through the gate and income into the club.

A lot of people maybe dont have that money to fork out in one payment,But I think any other kind of discount block booking would be too much hassle to do.The promotion do a great job over the season with offers IMO. I know wher Col24 was coming from though but the usual people are quick to shoot people down without really thinking about what he really meant, IMO

• Like 1

This years season ticket cost £200 for those who already held aseason ticket , entry in all league & prem trophy matches reduced entry to KOC matches

Thats what i meant on my first post on here wonder if there will be more offers surely with these offers a season ticket will be less value

I think it is a very generous offer. It clearly worked on Wednesday evening, and - above all - it shows who the Promotion value most: tha fans.

I'll get shouted down for being a brown noser here, but I'm just saying what I think.

These guys have listened time and time again to what the fans what, and consistently deliver.

It's a great goodwill gesture, very brave, and very progressive.

It means I'll have an extra £4.50 to spend on pies and burgers, which is very important to me :)

• Like 3