British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

I doubt anyone can either prove or disprove that piece of mud you have just slung. But one would have to ask why Lynn have been trying to sign Puk for all these weeks if they can't afford to pay the loan fee!

In any case I can't imagine the pot ever being 'empty' with Mr Warnes involved.

i have heard from a very good source that the pot at Kings Lynn is empty and that they cannot afford too buy or even pay a loan fee for Niels K Iversen, somebody correct me if i'm wrong though please.

a typical KKS post you really are deluded
  • Like 1

I don’t know anything about the Kings Lynn situation BUT there was talk towards the end of last season that a proposal was going to the AGM to “Scrap” Loan fees in the difficult economic climate clubs were experiencing.

I don’t know if this proposal was submitted and if so whether it was accepted, rejected or put on hold.

Perhaps the proposal itself was seen as the “writing on the wall” hence the differing positions clubs have taken.

With all the different vested interests and percetion of "rule bending", perhaps certain limitations and constraints may have been placed on the proposal by the BSPA.

Terry

Swindon robins V Kings Lynn Stars to be on Sky sports on thurs 4th April

I don’t know anything about the Kings Lynn situation BUT there was talk towards the end of last season that a proposal was going to the AGM to “Scrap” Loan fees in the difficult economic climate clubs were experiencing.

I don’t know if this proposal was submitted and if so whether it was accepted, rejected or put on hold.

Perhaps the proposal itself was seen as the “writing on the wall” hence the differing positions clubs have taken.

With all the different vested interests and percetion of "rule bending", perhaps certain limitations and constraints may have been placed on the proposal by the BSPA.

Terry

You're still alive Tel, excellent news :D

• Like 1

HI Trev

Very much still alive - despite Elaine's best attempts.

Got the season ticket app forms ready and will be their yet again.

I trust you are keeping well - still sitting in the cheap seats near the start line?

Glad to see you are still sparring with the individuals in the City of Birmingham overspill areas :D

Terry

HI Trev

Very much still alive - despite Elaine's best attempts.

Got the season ticket app forms ready and will be their yet again.

I trust you are keeping well - still sitting in the cheap seats near the start line?

Glad to see you are still sparring with the individuals in the City of Birmingham overspill areas :D

Terry

Just give out my car registration, where I park and my mobile number Tel, don't do half job :D

Trev

You got a car - thought you were still on a moped :D :D

Never had you down as a user of modern technology - such as a mobile phone!

You'll be telling me next, it’s a smart phone and you browse the web and send e-mails :drink:

best wishes (off to watch Murder in Paradise)

Tel

• Like 1

I doubt anyone can either prove or disprove that piece of mud you have just slung. But one would have to ask why Lynn have been trying to sign Puk for all these weeks if they can't afford to pay the loan fee!

In any case I can't imagine the pot ever being 'empty' with Mr Warnes involved.

You think theres money in this sugerbeet lark, hey Baggy ? :lol: I see some of his wagons have the Stars advertising on the back of them now.

Tell you what I will wee myself if NKI goes backwards from last year to the old NKI after all this hype.

I dont know if it is of interest but Lidl have a special on tena pads this week.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

i have heard from a very good source that the pot at Kings Lynn is empty and that they cannot afford too buy or even pay a loan fee for Niels K Iversen, somebody correct me if i'm wrong though please.

I've just heard from an equally good source that your head is empty........... can someone confirm please?

Let's hope, if that is the case, that Boro will be patient! Surely the coffers are pretty low after paying for Rory?!

I think what is happening in speedway is what has been going on in business world generally for a few years. The money has run out and speedway teams are operating financially on a day to day basis. Some teams need to 'offload' assets (riders) other teams cant afford to operate unless its on a 'loan' basis so we come to an impasse. Banks are not willing to lend so where do you go from here? As much as we can criticise promotions, if you haven't got the money to buy a rider you just cant do it. And why would you with the present situation. I think some of the rantings we are hearing from promoters/promotions are borne out or sheer desperation with not having a financial solution to the problem. I am a businessman and I really don't see where the sport goes from here! :cry:

• Like 2

More sponsorship!! :wink:

It would be lovely if that was the easy answer but I am afraid it isn't. My company sponsored a fairly prominent rider up to 2 years ago we can no longer afford to do it and I would say that would be the case for 95% of companies in this economic climate. Yes, sponsorship should be chased as a main prospect for more revenue but it isn't going to be as easy as you suggest. Most promoters I have spoken to over the last few years have seen a reduction in sponsorship revenue.

• Like 2

I think what is happening in speedway is what has been going on in business world generally for a few years. The money has run out and speedway teams are operating financially on a day to day basis. Some teams need to 'offload' assets (riders) other teams cant afford to operate unless its on a 'loan' basis so we come to an impasse. Banks are not willing to lend so where do you go from here? As much as we can criticise promotions, if you haven't got the money to buy a rider you just cant do it. And why would you with the present situation. I think some of the rantings we are hearing from promoters/promotions are borne out or sheer desperation with not having a financial solution to the problem. I am a businessman and I really don't see where the sport goes from here! :cry:

Got to agree with these comments. I think some supporters need a reality check as to the financial position some of these speedway promotions are in and therefore how they are forced deal with situations. It is not a nice situation to be in.