British Speedway Forum
Catch Me If You Can

Redcar V Berwick 6th Sept

Hope the doylems on the terracing beside the 1st bend, who celebrated Dyer's crash as if Boro won the FA Cup final have got their voices back...and before anyone else uses the cliche, I'm aware every track has their share of idiots.

Piss poor performance by Berwick all round, find it hard to believe that we are persisting with Jacobsen, nice guy but does the management really expect him to score points when he's constantly last to the first bend?

Surely there was better choices of guests around?, especially for Alden.

Fair play to Redcar, there were up for it and gated well all night.

Not guilty of being a "1st bend doylem" as you quaintly put it! I tried out the grandstand for the first time....memo to self, don't sit so close to the drum and megaphone next time!

I like the look of Dyer, always on the pace, gutsy and was on for a tactical 6 pointer when he fell, probably trying that little bit too hard. As for the rest of the Bandits team, least said the better, I'm glad that we finally turned a superior performance into points and broke the 60pt mark, but I'd much prefer us to get maximum points in a closely contested meeting.

Well done to the Bears though and, at last, a

team performance 1-7, something thats been lacking far too much this season.

I think if re - read the post, you will see that I was commenting on Rule 18.1.2C, and nothing to do with the BSPA / SVEMO agreement.

I hope this helps.

I'm not doubting that this may be in place, but it's still rather poor that it hasn't been written into the rule book. It would save any confusion arising.

Yes,but you are the one taking the thread on a sidetrack saying there must be a supplementary reg and then going onto Polish play-offs when it has already been suggested this Svemo agreement has always been in place.But then again i thought there was always an FIM agreement that riders should be released a day before an FIM meeting that wasn't observed by one team this year.I seem to remember one rider having trouble with a PL team

Embarrassing performance from Berwick,looking at the PL table think god for Plymouth.

Edited by screm

Embarrassing performance from Berwick,looking at the PL table think god for Plymouth.

I do believe that the minimax extrapolations predicted this though :P

Yes,but you are the one taking the thread on a sidetrack saying there must be a supplementary reg and then going onto Polish play-offs when it has already been suggested this Svemo agreement has always been in place.But then again i thought there was always an FIM agreement that riders should be released a day before an FIM meeting that wasn't observed by one team this year.I seem to remember one rider having trouble with a PL team

Not trying to labour the point, but my posting which drew your remark, was directly in response to another member who posted an interpretation of Rule 18.1.2C. This made my comments about polish play offs entirely relevent.

I fear most of us have now moved on, and have agreed that rule 18.1.2C has nothing to do with it, and that it is probably covered by the so called BSPA / BSPA accord.

My view is that it is poor, that rules are not open to public scrutiny. Others disagree which is fine.

Does anybody have the scorers from the Northern Junior League Riders' Championship that followed the meeting against Berwick please?

I wouldn't bother trying to justify your comments old boy. This was the member who once posted:

Or not!!!!!!!!!!

LOL another one of her classic 'i think i know all' comments.

I think if re - read the post, you will see that I was commenting on Rule 18.1.2C, and nothing to do with the BSPA / SVEMO agreement.

I hope this helps.

I'm not doubting that this may be in place, but it's still rather poor that it hasn't been written into the rule book. It would save any confusion arising.

I would refer you to my post#49 which woud be the reasons why it is not in the 20-12 Rule book.

NB Also see the post#58 from Catch Me If You Can.

Edited by Tsunami

Not trying to labour the point, but my posting which drew your remark, was directly in response to another member who posted an interpretation of Rule 18.1.2C. This made my comments about polish play offs entirely relevent.

I fear most of us have now moved on, and have agreed that rule 18.1.2C has nothing to do with it, and that it is probably covered by the so called BSPA / BSPA accord.

My view is that it is poor, that rules are not open to public scrutiny. Others disagree which is fine.

Think the BSPA has the rule for the playoff's so the Swedish riders don't get banned by their federation.

I was told a while back (by no-one official so could be rubbish) that if the fixtures were ratified by a certain date in March that Swedish riders would ride for their British club. If they changed after that date then the Swedish fixtures would take preference.

This seems true to me as Berwick were at Sheffield in the league in June (Seb would have ridden), the match was changed to a league cup match so Seb had to ride in Sweden (Berwick had a conference league guest) as this was a change to the official fixtures. :icon_smile_clown::wink:

Does anybody have the scorers from the Northern Junior League Riders' Championship that followed the meeting against Berwick please?

Ht 1 McBain , Cartmell , McPhail , Fenwick (Fell) 60.0

Ht 2 Johnson , Phillips , McDonald , Anderson 60.1

Ht 3 McBain , Cartmell , Anderson , Phillips (FX) Aw no time

Ht 4 Johnson , Fenwick (F/rem) , McDonald, McPhail 60.7

Ht 5 McBain , Fenwick, Anderson , Phillips (FX) Aw no time

Ht 6 Johnson , McDonald , McPhail (Exc) , Cartmell (Ret) 60.2

Final McBain , Johnson , Fenwick , McDonald 59.5

1 Tommy Fenwick F , 2 , 2 = 4

2 James McBain 3 , 3 , 3 = 9

3 John McPhail 1 , 0 , X = 1

4 James Cartmell 2 , 2 , R = 4

5 Peter Johnson 3 , 3 , 3 = 9

6 Danny Phillips 2 , FX , FX = 2

7 Ryan McDonald 1 , 1 , 2 = 4

8 Ricki Anderson 0 , 1 , 1 = 2

R Kevin Keay did not ride

Edited by homer

I would refer you to my post#49 which woud be the reasons why it is not in the 20-12 Rule book.

NB Also see the post#58 from Catch Me If You Can.

As far as I can see the two posts are at variance. Your post suggests that "there has been a relaxation of the rules to give teams more options to agree a fixture", whilst CMIYC suggests "that Svemo and BSPA have a signed agreement for Premier League which allows facilities for riders.....".

Whatever the position it really doesn't matter, but it does need to formalised. Otherwise speedway once again leaves itself open to ridicule if rules are relaxed without anyone else knowing about it.

As far as I can see the two posts are at variance. Your post suggests that "there has been a relaxation of the rules to give teams more options to agree a fixture", whilst CMIYC suggests "that Svemo and BSPA have a signed agreement for Premier League which allows facilities for riders.....".

Whatever the position it really doesn't matter, but it does need to formalised. Otherwise speedway once again leaves itself open to ridicule if rules are relaxed without anyone else knowing about it.

You're wasting your breath old boy. Tsunami is an EX promoter, who hates the idea of transparency and openness. Much prefers that we the paying public are kept in the dark as much as possible. It's probably the reason why speedway is the rip-roaring success it is at the moment!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

You're wasting your breath old boy. Tsunami is an EX promoter, who hates the idea of transparency and openness. Much prefers that we the paying public are kept in the dark as much as possible. It's probably the reason why speedway is the rip-roaring success it is at the moment!!

Ah, bless him.

Well well, what a shafting, 3 paid maxiimums for Redcar, could have been 4 if Kus had not fallen and been excluded. However you cannot blame the Berwick team, as only the 2 reserves and a 2nd string were in attendance. The only conclusion for me is because of the poor choice of guests, this was also apparent last Saturday night against Edinburgh.

I belive the track was very slick tonight, this was Berwicks downfalll. Again this was Berwicks downfall on Saturday, racing on a slick track, with a team of riders who cannot gate. Berwick had no control of the track conditions tonight, however they do at home, why then, the persistance in producing a track that is slick on the inside and loose on the outside. After heat 4 there is little shale on the inside line, it has joined the rest of the loose shale on the outside, this has the effect of no grip on the inside, and if you go to the outside it is so loose you will come off. The result is, a gate and go track, with just one racing line.

If the promotion prepare a track like this for the meeting against Newsatle, expect another shafting, as those guys can gate.

I agree the Berwick track against Ipswich and Sheffield was far to slick. earlier in the season the track seemed more heavy and deep that seemed to help likes of Lee' David;R[cky

Track was not slick against Sheffield, nowt wrong with it,

We were just beaten luckily you could argue by probably the worst Sheffield team since well before I started watching the Sport