British Speedway Forum

Family of four at P'boro is £40, the four of us at Ipswich is £56, so with a bit of diesel we can watch better racing in a better stadium, and its elite lge. I can be home from the EOES sometimes before my friend is back from foxhall when they both ride on thursday. Thats the main reason i gave up on Ipswich, the presentation is so slow, its painful. Its a choice based on good speedway rather than supporting a team. If Lakeside came and won at P'boro i would be on my feet applauding their efforts. :cheers:

Family of 4 at Boro includes 2 juniors (12-15) 16/17 yr old / students are £13 each.

Foxhall has no family ticket but juniors only £4 so 2 + 2 would be £39 not £56.

Either you are making it all up OR cheating Boro by claiming 2 older kids as juniors on your family ticket.

• Like 1

Lakeside is the most underestimated and unfairly abused track in Britain, most seemingly basing their opinions on what it was years ago under Ronnie Russell. I arrived early for a match last season and had a chat with Gerard Richter and he confirmed that Russell wanted it slick and hard,while Douglas and Cook just want it for racing. You can tell.

That is true. I think it all started back in Peter Thorogood's time as promoter when there was not much money and he had a lot of clay mixed in the material to save money on having much dirt on the track, because in those days there really wasn't much money. Then when Ronnie took over he continued with that policy which really wasn't good enough for top league racing and to be honest I thought it was dire and couldn't be bothered with it myself in those days. It is much different since Stuart Douglas took over, especially the last 3 or 4 years, and the riders, especially Dave Watt seem to have some input these days. There is no doubt the crowds are much higher than they were in Ronnie's day which is a reflection of the racing.

Bottom line is that it is as reasonably sound financially as you are ever likely to get these days and speedway needs every club it can get to stay open so I don't see why people have to knock it, or Eastbourne for that matter. Unfortunately we always get the puerile remarks from the attention seeking KKS/blupanthe rcamp

Family of 4 at Boro includes 2 juniors (12-15) 16/17 yr old / students are £13 each.

Foxhall has no family ticket but juniors only £4 so 2 + 2 would be £39 not £56.

Either you are making it all up OR cheating Boro by claiming 2 older kids as juniors on your family ticket.

I have four children, the two youngest, of school age, come to P'boro as we cant leave them alone can we, cost £40... The other two, of student age, we can leave alone, and they would therefore come to Ipswich with us if we went, cost £56...with one or both youngest with grandparents[only 5 seats in car].May i suggest you try and access all the facts before accusing someone of cheating. Speculation and presumption are the tools of fools grasshopper. Edited by blupanther
  • Like 1

I have four children, the two youngest, of school age, come to P'boro as we cant leave them alone can we, cost £40... The other two, of student age, we can leave alone, and they would therefore come to Ipswich with us if we went, cost £56...with one or both youngest with grandparents[only 5 seats in car].May i suggest you try and access all the facts before accusing someone of cheating. Speculation and presumption are the tools of fools grasshopper.

So you were making it up as the 4 going to Boro for £40 are not the same 4 for £56 at Foxhall.

Its difficult to take into account all the facts when they are twisted to suit your side of the debate.

So you were making it up as the 4 going to Boro for £40 are not the same 4 for £56 at Foxhall.

Its difficult to take into account all the facts when they are twisted to suit your side of the debate.

There is no debate chap, thats my circumstances, full stop. Bottom line is tracks that dont offer family tickets are very short sighted, i know alot of family's that dont go anymore because of cost.

There is no debate chap, thats my circumstances, full stop. Bottom line is tracks that dont offer family tickets are very short sighted, i know alot of family's that dont go anymore because of cost.

Kids at £4 is effectively the same a 'a family ticket'.

Your scenario is whatever it is - no skin off my nose - but your facts are inaccurate in you comparison.

For the 4 that you say go to Boro for £40 it would be £39 at Foxhall.

Anyway this is not really the thread for this topic so apologies for the hijack!!

That is true. I think it all started back in Peter Thorogood's time as promoter when there was not much money and he had a lot of clay mixed in the material to save money on having much dirt on the track, because in those days there really wasn't much money. Then when Ronnie took over he continued with that policy which really wasn't good enough for top league racing and to be honest I thought it was dire and couldn't be bothered with it myself in those days. It is much different since Stuart Douglas took over, especially the last 3 or 4 years, and the riders, especially Dave Watt seem to have some input these days. There is no doubt the crowds are much higher than they were in Ronnie's day which is a reflection of the racing.

Bottom line is that it is as reasonably sound financially as you are ever likely to get these days and speedway needs every club it can get to stay open so I don't see why people have to knock it, or Eastbourne for that matter. Unfortunately we always get the puerile remarks from the attention seeking KKS/blupanthe rcamp

I don't think there is any question that Lakeside have stepped up big time since Douglas & Cook took over. In fact, only Berwick in my experience have improved more dramatically following a change in promotion(or otherwise) during the last few seasons.

Biggest crowd I saw last season for a league match was that for the Hammers/Eagles meeting at AE on Good Friday - I guessed at something approaching 3,000.

I suspect a few of those who attended the RICO memorial meeting might have changed their minds about the quality of racing at the track.

I suspect a few of those who attended the RICO memorial meeting might have changed their minds about the quality of racing at the track.

Quite agree, but the track needs to be prepared like that more often. Its usually been a bit too slick when I've been there or seen it on telly.

Also agree that the whole place is a million miles away from where it was under previous promotions.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity why have you changed your user name from Custer Mouse

Just out of curiosity why have you changed your user name from Custer Mouse

Computer upgrade and new e-mail address meant starting again from scratch. Not a big deal Very similar reason to Bomo changing to Bomo 1 or whatever it was and one or two others changing user names.. Took about three goes to get back on because the mods seemed to think it was your mate KKS/JJR/UNCLE TOM COBBLY coming back under another name and I seemed to keep getting immediate bans. Already explained on another thread for those that bothered to read it. Try to keep up.

• Like 2

Computer upgrade and new e-mail address meant starting again from scratch. Not a big deal Very similar reason to Bomo changing to Bomo 1 or whatever it was and one or two others changing user names.. Took about three goes to get back on because the mods seemed to think it was your mate KKS/JJR/UNCLE TOM COBBLY coming back under another name and I seemed to keep getting immediate bans. Already explained on another thread for those that bothered to read it. Try to keep up.

I have upgraded several times, clearly was a big deal for you.

I can see why the mods thought you were kks, its all that crap about what superb racing you get at Lakeside that probably did it.

• Like 3

I have upgraded several times, clearly was a big deal for you.

I can see why the mods thought you were kks, its all that crap about what superb racing you get at Lakeside that probably did it.

Quite agree, some folk dont know the difference between riding and racing it seems .......

Quite agree, some folk dont know the difference between riding and racing it seems .......

And you do,Clown. :blink: