British Speedway Forum

Frostylion And what would you be saying if you finished sixth and won the playoffs ,it wouldnt this crap ,everyone knew the rules before the season and you can say what you like the 2012 premier league champions will be the team that win the playoff ,like it or not

I hope that you will take my word for it that I would feel EXACTLY the same about the 'Play Offs' as I do today.

Any League Winning Team having lost in the 'Play Offs' has been robbed, be it Newcastle, Redcar, Plymouth or whoever. Saying that they knew the Rules at the start of the Season simply does not wash. It does not make those Rules morally or ethically RIGHT!!

• Like 1

Don't you think Lakeside might want him for some home meetings?

He's not a Lakeside asset though ;)

I think it should be a different trophy, Grand Final, maybe. Putting the league leaders straight into the final deprives them of income. Workington 's rugby league team finished 3rd in their division and beat Whitehaven who finished 4th. Barrow, 2nd beat Doncaster who finished top, but because they finished top (or in the top 2, I think) Doncaster got another chance, and beat Workington at Doncaster.They then played Barrow in the Final. These aren't two leg of course but it does give the higher placed teams a better chance. The top 4 were promoted but that's another thing ain't it.

whats this topic about ???

was thinking the same myself its gone from newcastle 2013 to the play offs and what a farce it is to how bad the track is " suprise suprise then to rugby play offs ??? Edited by diamonds7

was thinking the same myself its gone from newcastle 2013 to the play offs and what a farce it is to how bad the track is " suprise suprise then to rugby play offs ???

anyone know the Gateshead thunder v Worky score? :0

anyone know the Gateshead thunder v Worky score? :0

and how is the Northumberland Sheepdog Trials League shaping up, hope there's no run offs, as i get too knackered, phew !!!

I put it on here cos the play-offs were on here earlier, just stating what happens in another sport, other's were giving other ideas. Hopefully Rene can be a Comet next year, never been to Newcastle yet so won't comment on track. "2 outta 3 ain't bad"

I put it on here cos the play-offs were on here earlier, just stating what happens in another sport, other's were giving other ideas. Hopefully Rene can be a Comet next year, never been to Newcastle yet so won't comment on track. "2 outta 3 ain't bad"

yeah,,, your right,,, somebody has definately got a 'P O' greivance, lol

But he has signed to ride for Lakeside next season.

Where's that confirmed?

it was announce at the last meeting i think Ben .

Where's that confirmed?

richie said on sunday when he was interviewed he had signed for lakeside an offer he couldny turn down and he would see in the coming weeks about his premier league place

Surely that rules Richie out of riding for Scunthorpe then. There would be little point in signing for a Friday night PL track as he would get hardly any EL meetings.

Obviously there will be plenty of interest in Richie but hopefully the promotion will be able to persuade him to return should they get the opportunity. I would think they'll be keen to take Steve as well.

• Like 1

Personally I would like to see Ludvig Lindgren back next year. He is the sort of rider I buy my season ticket for. Sure he has been a bit up and down, but when he is firing he is a joy to watch. I think it was against Sheffield in the PLKOC- I could be wrong like. But him coming off the 4th bend last lap??? Bouncing up onto the inside of the track to overtake someone else. This is the type of rider I pay my money for. From the outside looking in he looks to be a real team player also and a good person to have within Newcastle.

By far my favourite rider this year. Given another year I think he will improve even more.

Edited by speedy19902006