British Speedway Forum

who does Rene belong to i have never really heard an honest answer, we were told a while back he was a newcastle asset but that now may appear not to be the case

Peterborough

Promoters arnt going to tell us they've made bags of money even if they have and riders arnt going to go on the mic saying they didn't want to come back...even if they didn't...be surprised if the Worralls arnt with us next year....

Crowd levels this year have in my opinion looked ok but are they enough to make the promoters want to keep going? We have great promoters. They live locally and are Newcastle Diamonds fans, George goes way back as a supporter and Darryl is also highly commited he had major problems with his business a while ago and many promoters in his position would have chucked the towel in speedway-wise to concentrate totally on rebuilding their businesses. I hope they give us a sign that they will continue next year maybe by announcing a sponsor or a rider or two

Edited by dantodan

Crowd levels this year have in my opinion looked ok but are they enough to make the promoters want to keep going? We have great promoters. They live locally and are Newcastle Diamonds fans, George goes way back as a supporter and Darryl is also highly commited he had major problems with his business a while ago and many promoters in his position would have chucked the towel in speedway-wise to concentrate totally on rebuilding their businesses. I hope they give us a sign that they will continue next year maybe by announcing a sponsor or a rider or two

has anyone else hinted that they won't continue ??? Edited by ruffdiamond

has anyone else hinted that they won't continue ???

With the comments in the Programme saying that the club had made big losses, along with practically all other PL promotions, every possible outcome has to be considered. A lot of clubs are in trouble and it would surprise me if everyone ran next year.

With the comments in the Programme saying that the club had made big losses, along with practically all other PL promotions, every possible outcome has to be considered. A lot of clubs are in trouble and it would surprise me if everyone ran next year.

My feelings exactly Dave. I have Posted consistantly on this. Sadly the Recession does not take in to account that Speedway people need to make some money too.

With only 20% of the Cuts being effective at present - this implies that 80% are still to come. This means that there will be more than some Speedway Tracks going to the wall. We (and I include Speedway) are in for some VERY tough times ahead - we should not kid ourselves that we will be exempt from suffering problems - WE WON'T!!

well,,, no speedway,,, no jobs for riders,,, maybe put them on the minimum wage,,, and all the folk involved in the manufacturing of speedway equiptment,,, even less work,!!! sad sad sad :-(

ps,,, somebody is taking money out ov the sport,,

Edited by ruffdiamond

well,,, no speedway,,, no jobs for riders,,, maybe put them on the minimum wage,,, and all the folk involved in the manufacturing of speedway equiptment,,, even less work,!!! sad sad sad :-(

ps,,, somebody is taking money out ov the sport,,

NOT ME!!!................................... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Honest. :blink:

Bach 7.93

Richie 5.78

Lindgren 6.84

Henry 6.84

Bjerre 7.31

Steve 4.03

King 3.53

Good team if it happens.

Good team if it happens.