British Speedway Forum

In other words the roof is fecked or the stairs are 2 steep lol

...........or too many people are falling down them. Like me. :rolleyes::blink:

I hope they have someone else lined up incase he has a change of heart or does not come through this fitness test. I assume they will want him to have tried some competitive racing before the start of the season or are they just letting him put himself through his own fitness test?

If it is competitive racing, not many matches he can get that in, mainly testimonials. I just hate this waiting lark. :blink:

i heard jk is thinking about retiring if so i`d give paul starke a go he took a bit of time to settle but near the end of the season he look alot better

• Like 2

i heard jk is thinking about retiring if so i`d give paul starke a go he took a bit of time to settle but near the end of the season he look alot better

He practiced at Leicester yesterday... so can't be thinking about retiring that hard.

• Like 1

Your about the 3rd person I have heard say that, any truth in it, makes u wonder, hope not, would like him to get back to the rider he was.

In other words the roof is fecked or the stairs are 2 steep lol

Nah, it's the steps that are fecked. As you will all know, the steps under the stand were 'capped' many years ago. With wear and tear, these steps are now breaking up and, a week gone Friday, Elf and Safety banned the steps from being used until the situation was rectified. William Hill are currently considering the steps repair, and the doors out of the bars to the steps have been locked up. Doggy meetings have continued as usual since that time. The worst case scenario is in the short term, speedway fans cannot use the steps and bar fans can't go outside via the upstairs doors. The rest of the terracing from bend 4 and to the pits, can still be used as usual, but only at the level below the stand steps and they not under cover.

Meanwhile track work, the new office complex, and the replacement of the pits roofs continues at a pace. To date about 30 fence posts have been replaced with another 14 to go in this weekend. All the mesh around the third/forth is to be replaced in the next two weeks and also around the second bend after that. All 170 kickboards have been cleaned, new boards made and we expect will all be painted this weekend. Lots of other associated work to undertake after all that, in readiness to get everything ready for the Practice day on Sunday 24th March. If you have some spare hours this Sunday, why not come along on at 10.00am, in warm and old clothes, to ensure we get it all finished in time. This is the biggest workload we have ever had to complete before a speedway season, so why not pop along and give us a hand. It will be appreciated and give you an insight as to how much work is undertaken to get a speedway ready each season.

Hope to see you there.

Nah, it's the steps that are fecked. As you will all know, the steps under the stand were 'capped' many years ago. With wear and tear, these steps are now breaking up and, a week gone Friday, Elf and Safety banned the steps from being used until the situation was rectified. William Hill are currently considering the steps repair, and the doors out of the bars to the steps have been locked up. Doggy meetings have continued as usual since that time. The worst case scenario is in the short term, speedway fans cannot use the steps and bar fans can't go outside via the upstairs doors. The rest of the terracing from bend 4 and to the pits, can still be used as usual, but only at the level below the stand steps and they not under cover.

Meanwhile track work, the new office complex, and the replacement of the pits roofs continues at a pace. To date about 30 fence posts have been replaced with another 14 to go in this weekend. All the mesh around the third/forth is to be replaced in the next two weeks and also around the second bend after that. All 170 kickboards have been cleaned, new boards made and we expect will all be painted this weekend. Lots of other associated work to undertake after all that, in readiness to get everything ready for the Practice day on Sunday 24th March. If you have some spare hours this Sunday, why not come along on at 10.00am, in warm and old clothes, to ensure we get it all finished in time. This is the biggest workload we have ever had to complete before a speedway season, so why not pop along and give us a hand. It will be appreciated and give you an insight as to how much work is undertaken to get a speedway ready each season.

Hope to see you there.

nee chance of me being there Dave, only day off and only day I see my daughter.... Even had to sacrifice sun morn football aswell.... Keep up the good work though, people like you are priceless. :)
  • Like 1

nee chance of me being there Dave, only day off and only day I see my daughter.... Even had to sacrifice sun morn football aswell.... Keep up the good work though, people like you are priceless. :)

Well said Arson. If I was younger- I would be there, but arthritic hands have put a stop to that. :sad:

I used to work on the track at Boldon when Sunderland were running. :sad:

Well said Arson. If I was younger- I would be there, but arthritic hands have put a stop to that. :sad:

I used to work on the track at Boldon when Sunderland were running. :sad:

yeah me too, haven't got the time nowadays though....finally got my priorities right :)
  • Like 1

Most important thing is that you stomp up the cash on racedays!

• Like 2

Just a reminder that we will be down the track again on Sunday starting at 10.00. A few posts to put in, and a fair amount of mesh to take off and replace. See ya there.

So it's Lewis Kerr then. Jason tried out at Northside last Saturday and did feel his arm between rides. Lewis has been released by Leicester from his shared berth with them, to ride full time with the Diamonds. My choice would have been Jason, but if his arm is not healed, it is not healed, and he has made the right decision. Doesn't stop him coming back at a later stage.

So Welcome to Lewis Kerr, I am sure we will all get behind him as the ex Motocrosser makes his debut for the Diamonds. Remind me where the mighty Worralls came from.

So it's Lewis Kerr then. Jason tried out at Northside last Saturday and did feel his arm between rides. Lewis has been released by Leicester from his shared berth with them, to ride full time with the Diamonds. My choice would have been Jason, but if his arm is not healed, it is not healed, and he has made the right decision. Doesn't stop him coming back at a later stage.

So Welcome to Lewis Kerr, I am sure we will all get behind him as the ex Motocrosser makes his debut for the Diamonds. Remind me where the mighty Worralls came from.

st Helens?? :)

Can't say I'm inspired by his signing and feel we missed the boat holding out for King yet again... Just feel we needed a bit experience at the bottom end, But hope the lad does well... And will get our full support.. Welcome Lewis.