British Speedway Forum

The IOM is part of Great Britain so Andrew is British but maybe not actually English.

BBCs teletext (on the red button now we are digital) lumps together the news from the North East with Cumbria and the Isle of Man.

I wonder if Tully is the only Manxman to ride speedway, most manxmen if they want to ride bikes will ride road racing machines to take part in the islands TT racing

It will be interesting to hear if Andrew considers himself to be English or British so Abbot if you get a chance to ask him when you are doing a video/DVD please let me know.

Re my Defunct Website I am not aware of any speedway on the island ask Andrew if there was any dirtrack racing on the IOM please

He's the only Manxman riding speedway. Don't know of any others that have come from the Island (maybe you can start a new thread on it in Years Gone By?).

I am pretty sure he classes himself as British/Scottish.

Hi Abbot

I would like to do a piece on Andrew on my www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk website so please remember this if you get a chance to interview him.

Are you happy with our 6 signings for 2013. Now that I have had a chance to think about it I am pleased and quietly confident that we can expect another season like 2012

Hi Abbot

I would like to do a piece on Andrew on my www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk website so please remember this if you get a chance to interview him.

Are you happy with our 6 signings for 2013. Now that I have had a chance to think about it I am pleased and quietly confident that we can expect another season like 2012

Happy enough with the 6.

Why not Tweet him on Twitter? @skinnylovetully or Facebook friend him?

Certainly if I'm still doing the interviews in 2013 (or if I speak to him anyway on Practice day) I will mention it to him.

Hi Abbott

I don't go on Facebook or Twitter, maybe I will get up to date and do this but at the moment I don't use them. Bear me in mind when you get to speak to him. We have the biggest and the best club history website www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk

In the meantime I will sit myself down and learn the ropes with twitter

• Like 1

My crystal ball tells me it could be Steve Worrals year to impress he can gate and he rode some excellent blasts around the second bend, a sign of self confidence. I became a fan of his last year OK Richie was better but look out for the other twin in 2013.

Ludvig was great at Brough in 2012, he can pass outside and inside. Just do it on other tracks Ludvig and we will be happy

Stuart Robson - English/ Mackem

Richie Worral - English

Andrew Tully - English/IOM

Christian Henry - Australian

Ludvig Lindgren - Swedish

Steve Worral - English

Poss. Jason King - English

Must be a few years ago that we had so many English lads in our side. I am happy with overseas riders but it is good to have mainly English riders for a change. It should be cheaper for the promoters in 2013 as only Mr Lindgren will be commuting

Well its almost december so season 2013 is only 3.5 months till tapes up.

George English has been in charge for 17 years which is the longest unbroken spell in Newcastles history. keep going George with Darryl and the others you are well appreciated

Sorry I couldn't resist. :t: :t: :drink: :drink:

• Like 1

Sorry I couldn't resist. :t: :t: :drink: :drink:

Would love to have seen your face and reaction, if he had put Smoggie against Stuart's name.

• Like 1

He's the only Manxman riding speedway. Don't know of any others that have come from the Island (maybe you can start a new thread on it in Years Gone By?).

I am pretty sure he classes himself as British/Scottish.

there was another manxman i think in the 70's but cant remember who

but i could be totaly wrong wouldnt be the first time

Tully will do well at newcastle the team looks strong at home i think that there is room to up averages throughout the team...looking good so far.

Edited by glasgowmicktiger

No; I can differentiate between them! Unlike some of the harum-scarum riders in the PL, Ludvig is a very 'comfortable' rider, and there is planning in his racing, instead of going for any available gap. I like his style. He has a chance to become as good as Fast Freddie IMO.

I saw him at Brough at the back end of last season and was hugely impressed - he stepped up big time. With the possible exception of Richie Worrall, he would have been the first one I would have wanted back.

A good team as long as the worralls perform like they did last season but we still haven't got an out and out no1 rider .

Not having one last season didn't do a lot of harm, did it ?

Its a myth that you need an all conquering number one for success - its all about balance.

• Like 1

born a manx man im sure

confirmed on his website birth place isle of man

www.andrewtullyracing.co.uk

Aye, someone saw him in the shower last season and confirmed he had three legs. :shock::P

Aye, someone saw him in the shower last season and confirmed he had three legs. :shock::P

I think it turned out to be a case of mistaken identity mate i think it was later discovered to be Christian and that one of them was not a leg :o

• Like 1

It must be true what they say about people with big noses

Not true in my case then. :cry::P