British Speedway Forum
ekimba

Edinburgh Champions 2013 ? 😄

team is not weaker with claus in,sam is as good as claus if he can get set up correct

From what has been said, it isn't the rider's fault, nor Edinburgh's. It appears a rule was introduced bythe UK government, and not picked up by speedway (or probably a whole lot of other employers we don't know, or care, about).

The application -- by Somerset? -- for his visa/permit was lodged after the change. According to our government's new rules, they cannot now apply again for twelve months!

Bring on the SNP, and we'll get rid of London's inept bureaucracy!

So what is the new rule that every other club seemed to know about that Somerset and Sam didn't.Do all clubs have to wait till end of January if so what changed that messed up Sam's application or is it a secret .

If as is quoted above that Somerset would be involved in Masters visa application for 2013, being his parent club, then I wonder how their visa application for Alex Davis was successful, but Masters was rejected :unsure:

Friday night's opener against Berwick unfortunately called off as unsuitable weather forecast up until and including Friday and therefore no time to prepare the track. Bl00dy weather!

If as is quoted above that Somerset would be involved in Masters visa application for 2013, being his parent club, then I wonder how their visa application for Alex Davis was successful, but Masters was rejected :unsure:

Alex was born in the UK when his dad was riding over here. It confuses me more how Mason Campton has got a work permit if Sam can't tbh.

Alex was born in the UK when his dad was riding over here. It confuses me more how Mason Campton has got a work permit if Sam can't tbh.

Because sams visa expired in november and once a visa expires you cant apply for a new one for 12 months

Because sams visa expired in november and once a visa expires you cant apply for a new one for 12 months

So we wont see Masters over here at all this season?

You previously said the clubs dont apply until January surely between them they and Sam should have known his Visa was running out and irrespective of rule changes should have had the matter in hand,poor planning all round IMO.It a shame such a talented rider will be missingthis season (if that is the case).

I thought only the club he was riding for could apply or sponsor the riders application .

AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME. MASON IS STILL IN AUS DUE TO PERMIT PROBLEMS.. FACTS BEFORE FANTASY PLEASE..

AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME. MASON IS STILL IN AUS DUE TO PERMIT PROBLEMS.. FACTS BEFORE FANTASY PLEASE..

Capital old chap, Capital!!! :)

As well as the new 'meet and greet', which I thought helped generate a positive atmosphere, last night the Edinburgh promotion unveiled more improvements to the Armadale experience:

Entrance to the stadium has been spruced up, new toilets, starting gate position moved, new mascot, upbeat music, new (old fashioned) rider parade.. but importantly the high standard of on track entertainment was maintained.

Vissing is a solid performer, if he stays fit you may well challenge for honours this year.

Pretty good so far... :t:

Biggest test will come when max goes to reserve and we lose Joes scoring power from down there.