British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

A re-read does alert me to i don't get to see the Polish speedway. Although i might try and multi-task even more than planned but could do with an extra couple of pair of eyes and ears and a second brain to process what would be happening in what lol.

Gee that was a long break?

3 hour programme-can`t finish the racing too early.

Bit harsh, only passing comment. I'd rather watch speedway than almost anything else that might be on my screen, doesn't mean I have to be impressed with it.

Anyway, I've got a pound e/w on Vaculik @40/1, so I'm still interested.

You may have a big smile in 5 minutes :t: :lol:

Is there some sponsorship rules in this as the riders don't seem to have any sponsor boards in their pit areas? It was the same in the earlier rounds

(null)

You may have a big smile in 5 minutes :t: :lol:

Maybe Alan, although he only made the last chance race by the skin of his teeth.

Come on Martin, give it your best shot.

Good on yer Gollob...

Edited by nw42

Maybe Alan, although he only made the last chance race by the skin of his teeth.

Come on Martin, give it your best shot.

Good on yer Gollob...

Well done mate. :t:

"Maybe Alan, although he only made the last chance race by the skin of his teeth." And Bogart only got Casablanca because George Raft dropped out." :lol:

Well done mate. :t:

thanks, he owed me for previous GP's where I've expected more from him. I've liked the look of Vaculik since I first saw him in that wild card appearance, really expected more from him this season, bit unfair of me really I suppose, first season in the big time. Just hope he doesn't diappear from the GP's after just one season, even if he misses out next time.

Thanks for the company guys from a very chilly N/E USA. Join you tomorrow for Poland. Take care. Alan.

Compare tonights meet to a world class EL meet at say poole ,one had a fabulous stadium ,was slickly run ,looked good on tv ,attractive start girls & had a good. Bit embarrassing puts our tatty ,badly run amateurish efforts to shame.

A bit more passing on the 'sand track' than in previous rounds, but not much; a purpose-built speedway stadium probably only 25% full, but probably the same bloke doing the stadium music as at Poole; too many breaks for track-grading; a drawn-out 3 hours of TV coverage for a meeting that could have been run in under 2! Much better crowd, atmosphere and racing at most Poole meetings and all complete within 2 hours - unless Sky are present! :D

Edited by Skidder1

A bit more passing on the 'sand track' than in previous rounds, but not much; a purpose-built speedway stadium probably only 25% full, but probably the same bloke doing the stadium music as at Poole; too many breaks for track-grading; a drawn-out 3 hours of TV coverage for a meeting that could have been run in under 2! Much better crowd, atmosphere and racing at most Poole meetings and all complete within 2 hours - unless Sky are present! :D

Agree with all that apart from the 'much better racing' bit....slightly better maybe.

Modest but attractive stadium, proper tiered seated viewing, good track, terrific pits, great presentation.

Even a relative speedway backwater such as Croatia boasts a stadium superior to anything in Britain (not including Cardiff).

Just goes to show how the infrastructure of speedway in this country has fallen far behind the rest of Europe.

LET'S not lose sight of the fact that Croatia only has this stadium because of the Pavlic family, who built it adjacent to their business (road-building) depot on land where planning permission wasn't a problem, no noise issues and as a labour of love. It is a wonderful if vastly under-used facility but would never get off the ground in the UK.

Judging by the experience of my own visits there and what we saw on TV last night, I doubt whether the stadium was 10 per cent full let alone 25 per cent. It's location, while ideal in some respects, means there is very little local population to boost the attendance, which was also a major factor in crowds for the SGP.