British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Beat The Bookie 2013 Gp Prize Competition

R and R Bookmakers invite you to take part in this new prize competition.

Spread betting is fun yet requires skill and nerve-the more you are right the more you win,however the more you are wrong the more you lose.

you have to choose if the rider you want to bet on will score MORE or LESS than my spreads.The smaller number is the LESS and the bigger number is the MORE(the number in the middle is what i expect them to score and is my margin!)

The person with the most money at the end of the 12 GP`s wins the prize-it will be worth winning as people who know me say i am generous to a fault !

Each entrant starts with £200

MINIMUM bet per GP £10(per point)

MINIMUM bet per rider £5(per point)

GP 1 Auckland New Zealand start time(uk time)Saturday 23rd March 3am

NB maximum points available is now 21(no double points in final)

Pedersen 12--- 14

Holder 12--- 14

Gollob 10--- 12

Hancock 10--- 12

Sayfutdinov 10--- 12

Hampel 9------11

Lindback 9----- 11

Jonsson 8---- 10

Ward 8----- 10

NKI 7----- 9

Vaculik 7----- 9

Lindgren 6------8

Kasprzak 5-----7

Zagar 5----- 7

Woffinden 3----- 5

Bunyan 1----- 3

Example A player 1 thinks that age is catching up on Hancock and Gollob and has £5(per point) on each to score LESS than 10 -Hancock scores 8 and gollob 7 so he wins Hancock(10-8=2 X£5) and Gollob(10-7=3 x£5) so he wins £25

However if hancock scored 15 and Gollob 12 he would lose(15-10=5 x£5 and (12-10=2 X£5) so would lose £35.

Example B player 2 thinks Ward will def score more than 10 so bets £10(per point ) MORE-he scores 14 (14-10= 4 X £10) so wins £40

however Ward struggles and scores 5(10-5=5 x£10) and loses £50

Example C player 3 thinks Bunyan has no chance of troubling the scorers and has £100(per point)Less than 1 he scores 0 (1-0=1 x£100)he wins £100 however Bunyan scores 3(3-1=2 X£100)loses £200 and is out of the competition.

Rules

if a rider withdraws through injury any bet on that rider is void(edits can be made upto start time)

If a rider is injured during a meeting points scored by the reserves will be included in that injured riders score.

if the result of a meeting is called at any stage after 20 heats the spreads will stand

If the result of a meeting is called at the completion of 16 heats the spread will be adjusted to %80 of the orginal.

Edited by racers and royals

Will there be an idiots guide to this for those of us who are hard of understanding. :oops:

Once bet is placed, can it be changed prior to the gp?

Yes you can edit the original post as long as it`s before the first race.

Will there be an idiots guide to this for those of us who are hard of understanding. :oops:

I hoped the 3 examples might suffice -however here goes.

Take any rider in the first GP Tai Woffinden-his spread is 3 ---- 5 If you think Tai is going to score MORE then it`s 5 pts is your base figure and you bet per point

ie £5 per point and if he scores 7 you win the difference between 7 and 5 x £5 which is £10 If he scored 4 you would lose 1x£5 if he scored 3 you would lose 2 x £5

If you think Tai is going to score LESS then its 3 pts as the base figure and if he scored 1 you would win 2 x £5

You must bet £10 minimum per GP with £5 minimum per rider-so you can do 1 rider at £10( per point )or two riders at £5 ( per point ) the maximum is the amount of money available to you (start £200).

Ok my bets:

hancock MORE £5

Gollob more £5

ward more £10

Zagar less £5

bunyan less £15

jonsson less £5

Edited by waihekeaces1

Hampel 9------11 More £10

Hancock 10--- 12 More £5

Lindgren 6------8 More £20

NKI 7----- 9 More £10

Sayfutdinov 10--- 12 Less £5

Can you confirm, if placing like some so far, multiple bets, if you lose £200 plus on say your first 2 bets, are you out or will all bets count?

Eg,

Bet 1 lose £90

Bet 2 lose £120, running total -£210. Are you now out? To my mind you should be as your bank was only £200 and you are in theory betting with money you don't have. If your 3rd bet is allowed you have actually started with a bigger bank than somebody else.

Bet 3 wins £30, running total -£180.

Sorry if this sounds trivial but it could make a difference.

Edited by Hilly

Ward more £20

Kasprzak more £10

Vaculik more £10

NKI more £20

Edited by A ORLOV

Can you confirm, if placing like some so far, multiple bets, if you lose £200 plus on say your first 2 bets, are you out or will all bets count?

Eg,

Bet 1 lose £90

Bet 2 lose £120, running total -£210. Are you now out? To my mind you should be as your bank was only £200 and you are in theory betting with money you don't have. If your 3rd bet is allowed you have actually started with a bigger bank than somebody else.

Bet 3 wins £30, running total -£180.

Sorry if this sounds trivial but it could make a difference.

Sadly i wont be able to personally recover loses over £200 so for the first round bets upto £200 and after the profit and loss is totalled up if the overall loss is £200 or over entrant is out of the game-anyone with a balance can bet all that on the 2nd GP etc-so to answer your question all 3 bets stand and total is worked out at end of the GP.

the entrant who has had £200 on ward could make shedloads on the first GP but spread betting is risky and he also could be out of the competition after Auckland.I like to think of myself as quite a good judge so we will see after the first GP how wrong my spreads were-incidentally all the mid spreads added together come to 138 which is the total points scored at a GP.

Lindgren £100 more

Lindback £50 more

Jonsson £50 less