British Speedway Forum

Having read most of the comments about the future of speedway and the admission prices how many tracks have curfews on them and how many meetings are cut short per season?

I don't think they have one at Brandon! :wink:

If they do its AM rather than PM!

• Like 3

Birmingham is 10pm and only once I believe we had to go over by a few minutes.

At Ipswich, they have a curfew on the Tannoy but not the racing!

IOW was 10pm, but now the start time has been brought forward to 7pm i don't know if it has changed. the new track in kent will have an 8.30pm curfew.

If the Heathens ever get a track in the Dudley area with a 7:30 start I expect the Council curfew to be 7:29.

• Like 6

why do tracks have to have curfews now when the silencers on the bike make the sound deciables the same as a road bike :s

why do tracks have to have curfews now when the silencers on the bike make the sound deciables the same as a road bike :s

Stoke have a 9-30 pm curfew, but it was not put in place by the council not because of speedway it was put in because Formula one were racing around after midnight during a party weekend. Previous there was no curfew at Loomer road.

Griffo

berwick have a 9-30pm curfew

No official curfew at Newcastle, a self imposed curfew on say a Monday nights at 10.00pm, to stave off complaints from neighbours.