British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Bydgoszcz Gp Saturday 20th April

Is anyone out there missing the Studio chats used in previous Sky Sports broadcasts? Me - no much better without them - only realised at the finish last night Eurosport have filled the time with something else ie. Pit interviews etc. and it all feels like it flows much better.

• Like 1

Best meeting for a long time, Really showcased Tomasz' ability to put his bike into an advantageous spot on the track as well as Nicki's ability to block even when not quite as fast. Disappointed for Hampel with bike problems. Loved the young guys slogging it out. Bring on more like that!!

Cracking meeting the best SGP for sometime, well done to Wuffy looked on the pace, glad dirty git Pedersen didnt get into the final.

More please.

• Like 1

Is anyone out there missing the Studio chats used in previous Sky Sports broadcasts? Me - no much better without them - only realised at the finish last night Eurosport have filled the time with something else ie. Pit interviews etc. and it all feels like it flows much better.

It was a lot better ! The only thing that spoilt it for me was the woffy woffy woffy bit.
  • Like 2

It's unusual i disagree with you Pandorum but "at least a third"!!! Admittedly i was wrapped up in the racing but no way was the stadium only two thirds full?

You may be right mate as I was watching a stream that was hardly brilliant but there seemed to be sections of the terraces that were very sparse.

It seemed as though Eurosport had the pair of them 'turned down' somehow, they were certainly doing plenty of shouting but weren't as imposing as usual, keep it up Eurosport, great meeting too.

Yes I thought the same they seemed a bit muted which was better. Perhaps their studio had better acoustics....Sky must be kicking themselves after that showing. Edited by dornier

Best GP in a long time and Tai has fully justified his place!

• Like 3

Great to see "new" faces coming through in the GPs, especially in the final.

It was a lot better !   The only thing that spoilt it for me was the woffy woffy woffy bit.

Old Nige threw that in just for his haters. Said he was gonna do it and did and rightly unapologetic. Nige and Kelv were their normal shouty selves but they had a right to be this time, the racing was that good.

• Like 1

Cracking meeting...If anyone is questioning KK's form and the Poole connection, last night will tell you different!

Why has he got Ted Midgely in his pit crew? Even Bomber got rid of him..................................

• Like 1

Definitely best GP for a long time, lots of passing and repassing. Would have finished very early if not for tapes malfunction. Eurosport prentation heaps better than Sky. We stay at the track all the way through except for Adverts, which do not seem so intrusive. Much better without Studio team, keep up the format Eurosport. Looked cold at track, is it ever going to get warm in Europe?

• Like 1

Absolute belter of a GP with two races that should go down in speedway history as classics IMO.

Really good to see Tai performing so well and also nice to see Zagar join the party as well.

I loved the peach of a move from Ward on the re-run of heat 14.... class.

Eurosport are doing a great job, i have watched both of the GPS again races from them endless times now.I have alot of the GPS kept from the years on sky and endless DVDs but have rarely watched again.Even my son came in last night watched the Ward v Holder race a few times and said how good it was and the coverage and he has lost interest in speedway.I was a bit sceptical about Eurosport covering them i presumed they were just a low budget outfit but the speedway and also the coverage of snooker (over the year) has been excellent .Apart from live games and Gillette soccer and the speedway i rarely watch Sky now.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Was anyone else surprised Gollob opted for gate 1 in the final after not doing a great job from there in the semi? Granted he won the semi but was a little bit suspect round bends 1 and 2