British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Easter Monday-why No Fixtures

Today is Easter Monday and there is only one Speedway fixture. Why? This is one of the biggest Sporting afternoons in the calendar and there is only Rye House v Ipswich to go and see. Surely any club would get more punters through the gate this afternoon rather than an evening fixture. Then you will get promoters saying the gates are down. There should have been a full programne this afternoon.

Today is Easter Monday and there is only one Speedway fixture. Why? This is one of the biggest Sporting afternoons in the calendar and there is only Rye House v Ipswich to go and see. Surely any club would get more punters through the gate this afternoon rather than an evening fixture. Then you will get promoters saying the gates are down. There should have been a full programne this afternoon.

Today was a no no for Elite clubs because of the start of the Polish league-which has now been postponed because of the weather.

The promoters will claim that they know best, and, as I said on this subject on another thread, speedway isn't run for the benefit of the public.

The promoters will claim that they know best, and, as I said on this subject on another thread, speedway isn't run for the benefit of the public.

Read post #2.

Read post #2.

I did. All of British speedway has to close down (with the exception of one meeting) because the British promoters are subservient to Poland. They get the best dates while we have to accept an earlier start to the season (when it's too cold) and a glut of fixtures in September.

Today was a no no for Elite clubs because of the start of the Polish league-which has now been postponed because of the weather.

But that does not stop the other two leagues from having fixtures.

I did. All of British speedway has to close down (with the exception of one meeting) because the British promoters are subservient to Poland. They get the best dates while we have to accept an earlier start to the season (when it's too cold) and a glut of fixtures in September.

That's life. Bigger bucks, etc.

We had Good Friday & Saturday, why shouldn't Poland have Sunday /Monday or Sweden & Denmark. They don't owe us anything.

The most annoying thing with British Speedway is people think we should have automatic rights reserved for every date available. We really can be such a selfish Country sometimes

We had Good Friday & Saturday, why shouldn't Poland have Sunday /Monday or Sweden & Denmark. They don't owe us anything.

The most annoying thing with British Speedway is people think we should have automatic rights reserved for every date available. We really can be such a selfish Country sometimes

Accepted, but why no PL or NL fixtures ?

I think Mick has a point and that in these days when every fan through the gates is valued not having fixtures on a bank holiday is a missed opportunity.

You're kidding right? Poland has Sundays and Easter Monday. Sweden had Tuesdays. Denmark had I think it's Wednesdays. British Speedway takes place 7 days a week at some level. From March 15th to October 31st there's probably only a handful of days without a meeting somewhere.

You're kidding right? Poland has Sundays and Easter Monday. Sweden had Tuesdays. Denmark had I think it's Wednesdays. British Speedway takes place 7 days a week at some level. From March 15th to October 31st there's probably only a handful of days without a meeting somewhere.

Interestingly Poland this season have scheduled about 8 or 9 non-Sunday league fixtures(Thursday`s)plus will be moving a fixture every two weeks from Sunday to Saturday(for TV purposes ) on non GP weeks

Dont these blooming Poles not know Britain is the centre of the speedway universe ? Time somebody had a word