British Speedway Forum
youngy105

Redcar Vs Newcastle (tyne Tees Trophy) 4th April 7.30pm

Redcar always seem to put together a decent looking side yet things dont go to plan.

Kus has been a massive let down since his arrival on the whole .

Ostergaard just isnt the number one he once was and Summers seems to of stalled somewhat.

OOOOhh , ouch !!! A good win for Newcastle with a 6 man team, heres hoping Redcar are still blowing cobwebs off come Saturday :wink: . See Ya next Thursday Drac my friend :t:

Blowing away the cobwebs they may be,but thats a hell of a beating in anyones language.

They might yet - I don't think so - but they might. :) :)

Probably by finishing sixth and winning the playoffs

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 1

Not exactly the start Redcar would have wanted. Early days of course but you don't want to be taken apart in your first home meeting. On paper it's a solid side, but has too many inconsistent scorers for me. Hope they improve though with meetings under their belts.

The Diamonds could hardly have started better. Very surprised how well the Worrall's have done so far; they have both just continued from where they left last year which is amazing considering the severity of their injuries. Robson also looks a different rider so far. The early form of Lindgren though is perhaps the most encouraging. Early days yet but if Robson and Lindgren can continue in this vain we will have some top 4 once Tully is back. Personally I would have gone with Nedermark over Henry as he is still improving and I would have backed him to comfortably out score Henry on the road but hey, ho. Great start.

No disrespect to anyone at all but Redcar seems like Ipswich, places where riders go to underachieve. Both always seem to track good sides on paper but over the last couple of seasons have really failed to produce.

• Like 1

Great performance by the Diamonds but lets remember it was the Bears first time on track while some of the Diamonds have already clocked up 4 matches.

Team looks strong from 1-7 and hopefully Andrew will be back before long.

I can't believe the Bears have kept faith with Kus. In all my 40 years of watching Speedway a rider has never annoyed me more. Makes the gate and looks world class. Misses the gate and at times looks like he would not make the Conference league.

Dont think result is a huge shock, Redcar were below standard - but this team - unlike what some may say - is not a realistic contender for silverware. Saying that I am not going to have a go at promotion, given the limited budget the club run on dont think a better team could be put together. I think main issue is big hitter, Summers, Ostergaard and Kus are all capable but they will all struggle to be in the leagues top 20/3 this season.

I think Kus is a big let down. He seems, in general, to finish either First or Last when I have seen him. If he is leading in to the first bend - he will probably win - if if he is not leading - then he doesn't seem interested. I am sure that if I am wrong about this, and I may be, someone will put me right.

• Like 1

any news on injury to Max ?

Martin Neal (Evening Gazette journalist) has tweeted that Max has broken his leg.

Martin Neal (Evening Gazette journalist) has tweeted that Max has broken his leg.

Very sad News - I hope he recovers quickly.

Once again injury strikes, and so early in the Season - Best wishes Max.

Not exactly the start Redcar would have wanted. Early days of course but you don't want to be taken apart in your first home meeting. On paper it's a solid side, but has too many inconsistent scorers for me. Hope they improve though with meetings under their belts.

The Diamonds could hardly have started better. Very surprised how well the Worrall's have done so far; they have both just continued from where they left last year which is amazing considering the severity of their injuries. Robson also looks a different rider so far. The early form of Lindgren though is perhaps the most encouraging. Early days yet but if Robson and Lindgren can continue in this vain we will have some top 4 once Tully is back. Personally I would have gone with Nedermark over Henry as he is still improving and I would have backed him to comfortably out score Henry on the road but hey, ho. Great start.

to be honest with you henry hasn`t been on a bike since last season so maybe a bit rusty and i`m sure he`ll come good soon

to be honest with you henry hasn`t been on a bike since last season so maybe a bit rusty and i`m sure he`ll come good soon

Didn't ride at Practice day either. :shock:

Was there not a certain someone who kept going on about how redcar where going to win the league. :t:

yea, im here . just wait till they get warmed up. you will see (hopefully)

• Like 1