British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vues National Speedway Stadium

There`s room to build temporary stands which will more than double the capacity

I did believe the previous two posters who answered my question !!!! :blink::rofl:

Can't wait to see my brick amongst all the others at the new stadium. If BV re-runs the buy a brick offer, I might be tempted to buy another!!

4412 adult entrants @ £17 over the whole season covers the costs. Around 240 weekly paying adults. It's a bargain

That is a hell of a hike from the current £13.75 nett admission to £17.00!!!, it actually requires 5454 paying adults per season although Kirky Lane rent will offset it someqhat

Edited by Oldace

That's interesting, I was just going on what Chris Morton said in the past. Hopefully it will be a big boost to British Speedway on general.

You are right, Chris Morton did say at a fans meeting there wasn't enough room for full size pitch in centre. Maybe things have changed? I hope they have not compromised the track shape to fit it in as the track shape was designed first and everything else was designed around it.

You are right, Chris Morton did say at a fans meeting there wasn't enough room for full size pitch in centre. Maybe things have changed? I hope they have not compromised the track shape to fit it in as the track shape was designed first and everything else was designed around it.

RFL pitch regulations would make the Belle Vue track HUGE

Their regulations are (at full dimensions) 100m(116m) x 68m(74m)

That would make around a 420m speedway track, WOW

60 years. So £75K per year, and that's from the whole stadium not just Speedway. Looks like Rugby League, Football, Hockey, pop concerts could also be renting the stadium. Also presume the rent will be staggered over the 60 years, as £75k in 2074 will probably only be the average rent of a 3 bed semi

6,000 is the capacity for Elite League. Temporary stands will take it to 18,000+ capacity if needed for bigger events

Great Post - I LOVE the highlighted bit - and what's more - you are probably right. :t::approve:

I HEAR that the rubber-stamping has taken place and it is all systems go. Great news for Belle Vue and speedway as a whole.

BEST NEWS POSSIBLE. Here's to a long and renewed future for Belle Vue Speedway - the most famous name in the Sport and MY Elite League Team too.

I hope that those who were so negative in the past will now support this venture which those of us who have remained faithful to the cause have been doing all along.

Thank you for letting us know Phil. :t:

UP THE 'ACES'!!!

• Like 2

Really good news that Belle Vue have secured the new stadium deal... but will speedway still exist in 2014?

Edited by moxey63

Really good news that Belle Vue have secured the new stadium deal... but will speedway still exist in 2014?

Crikey!!!

Glass half empty or what???? :o :o :blink:

• Like 2

Crikey!!!

Waste of time having a glass... if there's nowt to put in it! That's my concern.

• Like 1

Crikey!!!

Make that quarter empty. Assuming that speedway is around next year, the big question is will Moxey grace the new stadium with his presence?

Make that quarter empty. Assuming that speedway is around next year, the big question is will Moxey grace the new stadium with his presence?

Of course, I meant "quarter full"

I'm a little unsure where the figure of £75,000 a year has come from.

It sounds like the maths of the infants class.

A £4.5 loan to be repaid over 60 years ... isn't that the same as a mortgage?

Is there to be no interest over the full term?

I'm a little unsure where the figure of £75,000 a year has come from.

It sounds like the maths of the infants class.

A £4.5 loan to be repaid over 60 years ... isn't that the same as a mortgage?

Is there to be no interest over the full term?

Yeh an Infant class who have done their research

Nowt changes.

On this day of great importance and relevance to both Belle Vue and British Speedway, the usual non attending culprits delight to talking it down and knocking the occasion.

Step forward the usual non paying and non attending suspects, Moxey and Oldace.

• Like 3