British Speedway Forum
luluthetiger

Berwick V Newcastle - Live On Sky - May 21st

This has to be a big occasion for the north.

Newcastle fans will go up the road, sniffing victory and Bandits will be out in force to see the double-attraction of Kennett and Charlie Webster.

Weather permitting, a huge night out. I just hope all the Berwick cynics will for once back their team and promotion to the hilt.

After Carol Kirkwood. :wub:

The 'lovely' Charlie Webster comes next. :):wub:

So what was the prognosis for Robbo and the Kerminator? Any broken bones?

So what was the prognosis for Robbo and the Kerminator? Any broken bones?

kerr tweeted... " nothing broken but they wanted to put me in a cast, so I done one".

And robbo is being referred to physio for his ligaments in ankle, will have a ct scan if still bad in 2 weeks but no obvious fractures in his heel.

Must be both doubtful though and rather sore.

kerr tweeted... " nothing broken but they wanted to put me in a cast, so I done one".

And robbo is being referred to physio for his ligaments in ankle, will have a ct scan if still bad in 2 weeks but no obvious fractures in his heel.

Must be both doubtful though and rather sore.

Kerr, no broken bones in wrist, but sore and swollen.

No news on Luddi's availability.

Berwick will be pleased to see (its on their website) that Sky have scheduled Chris Louis to stand beside Nigel on the third bend, while Charlie will be doing her thing in the pits.

A Tatum-free event.

Edited by Boobs
  • Like 1

Their website is bang-on, showing club is making a tremendous effort to promote this one.

A tenner entry, kids free and much being made of Kennett's arrival.

Special tee-shirts on sale to commemorate the Sky visit, plus the earlier-announced offer of prizes for best fancy dress and funniest signs spotted on TV.

Have to say -- well done, Berwick Bandits!

• Like 4

The word must be getting out well, I've got mates who I never thought would go deciding to give it a try.

It's surprising how many went in the Berrington days too.

All coming out of the woodwork!

The word must be getting out well, I've got mates who I never thought would go deciding to give it a try.

It's surprising how many went in the Berrington days too.

All coming out of the woodwork!

All good news of course,hopefully we will see a cracking meeting on track and they keep coming back again and again.

• Like 1

Just as well the meeting is on Tuesday. Weather looks foul all day today, anything planned for tonight would probably have had to be postponed. Maybe the tide of good fortune is turning Bandits' way at last?

• Like 3

No Kelvin on duty for this one , Chris Louis on duty as the co-commentator with Charlie Webster on interviews

• Like 1

Very quiet on teams? Are Aspegren and Lindgren in Sweden Tuesday? If so going by Kling last week for Plymouth it will be National League guests. Also any news on Robson and Kerr injuries and France are in World Cup meeting in Hungary on Monday so is Bellego out as well?

• Like 1

Very quiet on teams? Are Aspegren and Lindgren in Sweden Tuesday? If so going by Kling last week for Plymouth it will be National League guests. Also any news on Robson and Kerr injuries and France are in World Cup meeting in Hungary on Monday so is Bellego out as well?

There hardly likely to tell the fans now are they? I imagine it will be kept as quiet as possible to get the max amount of fans in then it will be announced before the start.

There hardly likely to tell the fans now are they? I imagine it will be kept as quiet as possible to get the max amount of fans in then it will be announced before the start.

I expect an announcement in the morning. ;)

You really are a cynic, aren't you?

If the Berwick promotion have shown us anything, it is that they make every effort to tell their public when a rider is going to be missing, through injury or anything else.

Website shows 'probable' line-ups, no doubt there'll be another media brief and website posting before Tuesday.

• Like 1