British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar V Newcastle League Cup Thursday 25th April 2013

What has happened to Steve Worrall,lost his confidence,bike troubles??,hes a better rider i think than his recent scores

For Worrall to say majority is just lunacy. Every track has the odd big mouth/idiot - Redcar are not alone, but for other clubs/fans to preach a holier than thou attitude is just as ridiculous. Young Mr Worrall is thankfully fine - fans can accuse, but if Summers and Worrall are fine with it - we can all just accept it as a racing incident - again I think he needs to learn he can let go of the throttle to reduce speed, but as said if Aaron is fine and didnt see anything in it, then that's okay.

Wasn't there last night but the tweet from Ritchie saying the Bears fans hurling abuse at him, is way to far, Ritchie is a fantastic rider and he has a reputation around the STMP and for that reason he has been boo'ed by the bears fans its all banter and adds to the atmosphere i suppose and Ritchie loves, it from his reactions on socal networking and i love that. Miss that rider who loves the agro from fans not many characters like that around. If these comments are true then i think its disgusting there is no excuse for those comments even if he got up straight away after the incident. No matter what, its bang out and no rider deserves that at all. Thankfully its the minority and not the majority but still doesn't make us fans look good at all.

Where on earth have the Swales family gone because the track has been awful recently i've watched the track grading throughout the meetings so far and this new guy has done nothing but do circle on the tractor, very poor.

Wasn't there last night but the tweet from Ritchie saying the Bears fans hurling abuse at him, is way to far, Ritchie is a fantastic rider and he has a reputation around the STMP and for that reason he has been boo'ed by the bears fans its all banter and adds to the atmosphere i suppose and Ritchie loves, it from his reactions on socal networking and i love that. Miss that rider who loves the agro from fans not many characters like that around. If these comments are true then i think its disgusting there is no excuse for those comments even if he got up straight away after the incident. No matter what, its bang out and no rider deserves that at all. Thankfully its the minority and not the majority but still doesn't make us fans look good at all.

Where on earth have the Swales family gone because the track has been awful recently i've watched the track grading throughout the meetings so far and this new guy has done nothing but do circle on the tractor, very poor.

I am sorry, but I was there and those words where shouted amongst "scum" and " I hope you've broke your f**** neck"

I will never go to that place again. True it was a minority but will not let my youngsters think that is normal it was not banter as you call it

That's the way every track should be . A track prepared for all 14 riders to produce the best racing they possibly can . I get heartily sick of the pursuit of home advantage , we ruined a great track at Glasgow because of this nonsense . If your team wins , all well and good . If it loses , that's life . But give the fans a fair track that riders can race on and perhaps we might hold onto the fans that we have .

Dead right,Paul.

I would say that the fixing of tracks to suit riders and/or promotions instead of preparing them for racing is one reason why speedway is in the mess it is.

• Like 3

I am sorry, but I was there and those words where shouted amongst "scum" and " I hope you've broke your f**** neck"

I will never go to that place again. True it was a minority but will not let my youngsters think that is normal it was not banter as you call it

Wow that is shocking no need for it at all! that shouldn't be shouted at a rider at all ! Terrible

what i ment by Banter was when you Boo Ritchie when a couple years back when him and Wilko kept first bend bunching then Wilko got excluded. both riders were absoultelty fine no hurt at all. Wilko got excluded at that point all the fans are going to hate the ref and Ritchie simple because he didn't get excluded. That what i mean Banter just the good old stuff between the fans and riders that doesn't get offensive but banter isNOT saying the words you hurt last night thats is just shocking for anybody to year especially your youngsters.

Wow that is shocking no need for it at all! that shouldn't be shouted at a rider at all ! Terrible

what i ment by Banter was when you Boo Ritchie when a couple years back when him and Wilko kept first bend bunching then Wilko got excluded. both riders were absoultelty fine no hurt at all. Wilko got excluded at that point all the fans are going to hate the ref and Ritchie simple because he didn't get excluded. That what i mean Banter just the good old stuff between the fans and riders that doesn't get offensive but banter isNOT saying the words you hurt last night thats is just shocking for anybody to year especially your youngsters.

Banter is banter it goes on everywhere we are all guilty of that.

Not sure how to take your post genuine or sarcasm. Hopefully genuine :)

What has happened to Steve Worrall,lost his confidence,bike troubles??,hes a better rider i think than his recent scores

He messed up in heat 2 by locking up going into the third turn banking, and was reasonable for the rest of his rides. Lewis is outshining him at the moment because of his form, but he is riding some decent heats, even if he gets taken by a heatleader late on in the race. I am sure he is tackling his lack of confidence and will grow like he did after the middle of last year. I am sure the promotion will see improvement and encourage him. It's what they do. :P:D

• Like 1

He messed up in heat 2 by locking up going into the third turn banking, and was reasonable for the rest of his rides. Lewis is outshining him at the moment because of his form, but he is riding some decent heats, even if he gets taken by a heatleader late on in the race. I am sure he is tackling his lack of confidence and will grow like he did after the middle of last year. I am sure the promotion will see improvement and encourage him. It's what they do. :P:D

Yes - we must be patient with Steve. I am expecting great things from both Worrall Brothers in the future. :approve:

• Like 1

always had banter with the jawdees for years, even back to the days of the owens crabtrees blackbirds etc and it was never this bad and to be honest its now getting out of hand.

worrall has done himself no favours by going public with this if its true as if people disliked him before they will surely hate him now, i was stood at the tapes in my usuall spot and never heard anything myself but if its true the so called fans are out of order just like the newcastle fans who have said simillar when redcar have visited in the past, banter and winding up is one thing but saying things like that is whey out of line.

• Like 1

The Swales family have done what I would expect everyone else would do if you were asked to perform a job for nothing. They have said thanks but no thanks. It now seems that if you are first through the gate at the track you can drive the tractor :rofl:

The Swales family have done what I would expect everyone else would do if you were asked to perform a job for nothing. They have said thanks but no thanks. It now seems that if you are first through the gate at the track you can drive the tractor :rofl:

Yes, and perform like a clown on the tractor, and even do a lap with the winning team at the end. Unbelievable.

Yes, and perform like a clown on the tractor, and even do a lap with the winning team at the end. Unbelievable.

havvy told him to switch the tractor off after heat 11.... He said "why, I may have to go out and do something".... We all pissed ourselves laughing, including old Brian. I think Brian has just dragged him in off the street :)

havvy told him to switch the tractor off after heat 11.... He said "why, I may have to go out and do something".... We all pissed ourselves laughing, including old Brian. I think Brian has just dragged him in off the street :)

Apparently he does a motorcross circuit. Plenty of jumps and bumps last night, should have ridden and the Worralls and Kerr would have cleaned up.

Apparently he does a motorcross circuit. Plenty of jumps and bumps last night, should have ridden and the Worralls and Kerr would have cleaned up.

the start and finish straight looked like a rollercoaster a few weeks ago, im sure the riders where finishing their 4 laps and going straight in the pits to puke :rofl:

• Like 1