British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Workington - Tuesday, April 30th (premier League) (7.30pm) Live On Sky Sports

Have you ever read the rules?. The race was stopped and the ref had to decide who was the "primary" cause of the stoppage. Dyer was coming back to the line and pretty much hit Howes back wheel. The ref had to apportion blame and if he judged the accident to be 55% Dyer to 45% Howe then Dyer goes as the "primary" cause. The ref got it spot on.

From what i remember at a fans forum at which Tony Steele spoke the rules dont say anyone has to be excluded admittedly that may have changed over the years but i have seen a race rerun after a dingdong on the 3rd lap in a league meeting and all 4 restart.Referees verdict was along the lines of six of one half a dozen of the other.

Just whizzed through the heats and fast forwared Nige and Co. The racing was Ok, but seen better at Scunthorpe more often than not. Rob and the gang must sort out the starting gates as a priority, the bias for Gate 4 is getting out of hand. A draw seems like a fair result on the night, but why no Auty in Heat 15 ? Please bring back Richard as team manager for home meetings.

Did Auty win two races off of 4? Cook looked very uncomfortable in the dirt on the outside if Auty had got across no way Cook would of passed him.The team manager not impressed with him slagged the reserves off unfairly and even had another dig at the end he needs replacing.

dose anyone know where i could watch the meeting again as i was moving house thanks

Did Auty win two races off of 4? Cook looked very uncomfortable in the dirt on the outside if Auty had got across no way Cook would of passed him.The team manager not impressed with him slagged the reserves off unfairly and even had another dig at the end he needs replacing.

Maybe there was a genuine reason why Josh wasn't in heat 15,it's not always a clear cut decision ,I'm not sure if Pistol Peet had a dig at the reserves,merely stating a fact that they didn't have such good nights,but they both young and learning and have enough talent to make it,maybe a year to soon for Josh though,shame as he's a top kid and I'm sure that in time will make a good rider

Enjoyed my visit to Scunny with the rest of the Comets fans on the 1st bend we certainly made ourselves heard and drown out those cheers from the home crowd ;-);-)

It was a good meeting i did get abit worried at one point rusty and rene didnt hit the heights we comets fans no they can however both pulled off brilliant final rides to keep it tight.

Ash Morris deserves a big mention one of his best meetings imo. thanks to our guests cookie and Micky oh and the ref got the call wrong Howe took Micky off therefore Howe should of been taken out the rerun.

Great Speedway! Well done the Comets 2 points

• Like 1

Rene Bach sounds like a proper Geordie

Enjoyed my visit to Scunny with the rest of the Comets fans on the 1st bend we certainly made ourselves heard and drown out those cheers from the home crowd ;-);-)

It was a good meeting i did get abit worried at one point rusty and rene didnt hit the heights we comets fans no they can however both pulled off brilliant final rides to keep it tight.

Ash Morris deserves a big mention one of his best meetings imo. thanks to our guests cookie and Micky oh and the ref got the call wrong Howe took Micky off therefore Howe should of been taken out the rerun.

Great Speedway! Well done the Comets 2 points

Who'd be a referee . One angle it looked like Howe took Dyer's front wheel , another angle showed Dyer turn into Howe . Shame they can't have all 4 back after the first bend , because this was just one of those unfortunate racing incidents .

• Like 1

Maybe there was a genuine reason why Josh wasn't in heat 15,it's not always a clear cut decision ,I'm not sure if Pistol Peet had a dig at the reserves,merely stating a fact that they didn't have such good nights,but they both young and learning and have enough talent to make it,maybe a year to soon for Josh though,shame as he's a top kid and I'm sure that in time will make a good rider

Agree 'Montie' with what you say,just think when you criticise ( manager) it should be behind closed doors .Also he dosen't look the sort who could motivate to me Josh i felt for tried hard his last race looked on the pace.Odviously there will be changes at reserve but Douglas showed glimpses in the 5.1 race win.

From what i remember at a fans forum at which Tony Steele spoke the rules dont say anyone has to be excluded admittedly that may have changed over the years but i have seen a race rerun after a dingdong on the 3rd lap in a league meeting and all 4 restart.Referees verdict was along the lines of six of one half a dozen of the other.

Apart from the 1st and 2nd bends, I have never seen all 4 back for a stoppage. I have seen 1 rider deemed to be the primary cause of the stoppage, and I have also seen 2 riders excluded for the same incident, but never all 4 back cos the ref couldn't make his mind up.

Have you ever seen Lawson and Mills around Scunny??

Makes no odds, you never know how a rider is going to perform on the night so you can't say tbh, Richard and Chris could have been average last season but who knows what they would have scored,

what have you's done to Rene? Not the same rider since his injury.... Maybe ok at home, but not very consistent anywhere else really....which isn't like him.

Hey we haven't done anything he loves it at Worky :) . Rene was the same last season though, he was a bit inconsistent at the start of the season but then got better and better, I think after the next set of averages you could see him in our no 1 jacket there is very little between him and Richard at the minute. I don think since his accident he takes as many chances riding the boards to overtake and doesn't seem to like the smaller tracks anymore either

finally got to watch this last night - what a great great advert for PL speedway - thoroughly enjoyable and some great contests.. :t: