British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Lc 26/5/13 @3p.m.

Well were do you start firstly though congratulations to Edinburgh on there emphatic victory basically they took us apart and we had no answer they thoroughly deserved there win and margin of victory .

And on to us that was just unacceptable in any way shape or form we were completley outclassed in every single department after last night's shambolic display at Workington i didn't for one minute think that it could get any worse how wrong was I .

Let's see what happens with the new averages and what changes can be made but surely Bager , Wright & Horwood must be under serious threat

Here's hoping

BTW i had to give the £16 back to my friend i was embarrassed he had to pay to watch that drivel from one side anyway

• Like 1

At least the new promotion will have saved on points money this weekend. Joking aside, what a terrible result, surely changes need to be made. People pointed out pre season just how rubbish James Wright is, some on here were having none of it, i think the evidence is now overwhelming.

Well done to the boys in blue & gold thrashing their nearest and dearest.

I think glasgow need to make changes quick or you might as well give them the wooden spoon just now.

To make matters worse for the tiggers captain Deek with a paid max at Ashfield. Talk about addding insult to injury. :P

Edited by Mr Blobby

At least the new promotion will have saved on points money this weekend. Joking aside, what a terrible result, surely changes need to be made. People pointed out pre season just how rubbish James Wright is, some on here were having none of it, i think the evidence is now overwhelming.

It was indicated after the meeting was finished by Sean Courtney that there is to be a Re-vamp to the team , can't come quick enough as that was sore to watch last night and today we would struggle in the national league the way we are riding and the worse thing about it is I am serious .

Joking aside that was the worst ever home performance i've seen from a Tigers team in my life . Woeful doesn't come close to describing it . A score like that would be bad enough at the dump , but at home :shock:

Joe Screen cant take on teams on his own , especially not teams as good as the binmen .

Today , sadly , highlighted the gulf between the two Scottish sides . Looked a pretty decent crowd in the stadium today as well , despite the Scottish Cup final and Cyclone not being able to make it .

Plenty thinking to be done in our camp ahead of our next home meeting against Workington in a fortnight . We've been patient , we've praised our new promotion for their efforts to make the club a success and we've backed the team . After this weekend's toothless performances , that team has come to the end of the road .

Who we can attract ? Who is available ? And are they affordable ? Is something messers Biggart , Pairman and the directors will have to address before the season implodes and the Red Revolution bandwagon comes off it's wheels .

• Like 1

Humped

Thumped

Battered

Slaughtered

The promotion call it the Red Revolution".

I'd call it "Red Revolting"

When one of the loudest cheers was in response to Sean Courtney's announcement that there will be team changes in the next two weeks, that sums up the day for Tiger's fans.

Take nothing away from the Monarchs, they were superb. Even giving the poor home performance, they look superb. Barring injuries they will be in the running at the business end of the season. No doubt.

Before I forget, let's hope Mitchell Davey is OK after his unfortunate and blameless tumble.

The new promotion have impressed with their way of listening to the fans.

There's been a lot of hard work gone into the marketing of the Tigers, sorting the track and the stadium; and today the presentation was a big improvement on previous seasons.

In a similar vein, Sean's post-meetings address to the fans was needed, welcomed and clearly in touch with the fans' feelings. I get the strong feeling this promotion won't come up short. So here's hoping.

So who goes?

The writing was on the wall as early as heat 3. Lap 1, bend 3 and James Wright in second place looks over his shoulder before entering the bend when he should be thinking about challenging for the lead. The heat finishes 1-5, with James last. Heat 8 and Henning gets the TR ahead of James in heat 9. When your third heat leader isn't getting the TR, something is wrong. Heat 12 and Joe Tabaka is reeling him in. Under pressure on the final bend, an unforced error lets Tabaka through.

Sorry James, whatever your issues are we cannot afford to wait and see if you manage to sort them out.

The same can be said of Henning Bager. Don't know what your issues are. But how long do you expect the paying public to wait to see if they're sorted?

With the exception of Screey and Grievsey, we were out-gated in every heat today. As Steve Lawson said, "the technique is there, the individual just needs to put it all together and really want to get to the first bend, in first place".

What of our newbies? Well Steve could have been speaking about Harley Horwood. Not until heat 14 did he look like he wanted to be in first place. Maybe it's about confidence. I don't know. He looks on the pace, and comfortable on a bike. But he doesn't look like overtaking anyone.

Joey has got something, but he can be a lose cannon. His finishing line clash with Davey being an example. A bit more polish and he could come good, as he has the speed.

Joe J looked out of it today. I like him. Is it too many meetings of late taking their toll?

In fairness to all the newbies, they need to be in a team where older more experienced heads are taking the weight off their shoulders. We shouldn't be expecting too much of them.

Interestingly, in his programme notes, Gordon Pairman holds no punches. Good man. He is disappointed with the Leicester result and says those being paid by the promotion should give "honest effort". He also rightly says riders are professional sportsmen and even if they don't know what's wrong, they need to find a solution. Interestingly, he also says "do expect me to do everything possible to get a team sorted that can entertain everyone, including the management, .....". So not just the riders under pressure to give a decent return.

Just the kind of leadership we need at this time.

So over to you, the new promotion and Sean Courtney. You've started well in your new roles thus far. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Good luck.

Let the team change speculation begin .....

Edited by george.m
  • Like 3

with roynon coming back in the next week or so maybe glasgow should give magnus karlsson a call as my guess is he will be looking for a team place soon.

You read it here first, i believe the deal has been done, and Magnus will become a Tiger in the near future, now the question is, who will make way ? Or will this be the only change ?

I had a premonition about this happening. Honest.Saw it coming a mile away. What with my grass needing cut, the cup final on the box and my oh so reliable premonitions, I decided to give this a bye. Glad I did now.

Also too as well even , laugh if you will, ( which means you will ) but with all that " bring a friend " stuff being shoved doon oor throats, I honestly felt if I walked in on ma tod, as per usual, wi' nae 'friends,' I'd be shunned. Sent to the back straight. Not trying hard enough. Honest it was getting on my wick. I've said this before, it's up to the suppliers of entertainment to provide sufficient 'said entertainment' to attract large crowds. Not expect existing fans to pester their nearest and dearest to come along with them. Get the product right and the crowds will come.

About the team. Changes we say. Indeed. Changes. But who? There ain't any left that I can see. Personally I am pissed off that Vissing was going abegging at the start of the season and we let our biggest rivals snap him up.

Hindsight is a wonderful gift but I was dead against so many untried young lads in the team. Then I thought they might come good, now I feel I was right in the first place. The odds against getting three or four rookies to gell in their first season in the Premier was cloud cuckoo land stuff. I'm afraid we're stuffed for this season and we'll just have to cheer the guys we have to better things, but please, enough of this begging to 'bring a friend' stuff.

• Like 1

You read it here first, i believe the deal has been done, and Magnus will become a Tiger in the near future, now the question is, who will make way ? Or will this be the only change ?

We will have about 5 points to play with once the new averages come out so it really could be anyone.

So where have you heard that then??

While obviously delighted with the score today, it is worrying to see the Tigers in such a mess. The team was a huge gamble at the start of the season, you had two old timers who would have their good days but probably not increase their average, two riders who had went downhill rapidly from their EL days and three untried riders. It's not worked.

It's never easy to bring in riders when there's not many available but anything would be an improvement now. At least it's still early in the season so you can strengthen up and try and give us a match in the Scottish Cup!