British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Australia must be looking forward to riding against the two man GB team.....

Who have they got bar Ward. Its not much better. Watt dropped for Woodward !

Harsh. Kennett accepted the call up as most would have, and there is no sign that he has not given his best, you can't ask any more than that. Should he have got the call is a different question entirely but I think most observers foresaw this as a car crash waiting to happen given his form recently.

good post. I feel sorry for Kennett as his form over the last 2 months has been dire. Bar a miracle there was only one possible outcome tonight and his confidence is now probably shot.

• Like 1

Be fair folks, Kennett was only any good when he took a bloody drill to his exhaust. The blokes utter garbage and always has been.

• Like 3

good post. I feel sorry for Kennett as his form over the last 2 months has been dire. Bar a miracle there was only one possible outcome tonight and his confidence is now probably shot.

To be fair, you only had to look at him after he was withdrawn after just 1 ride, it was quite apparent that any belief had just drained away.

The previous World Cup matches at Lynn have usually been pretty good, but that was dull fare tonight.

Predictable finishing positions and precious little good racing.

• Like 1

Not Eddies fault for crying out loud.

No need to single him out.

We have a poor team and zero chance of making the final in a very poor play off.

We were never gonna win this one :)

The US were lamentable and even with Hancock will have a job on to finish 3rd.

The thing that is most telling is that 2 of the top speedway nations may well have to qualify next year which is a joke.

The Czechs will be gifted a 4th seed they don't deserve and either the Yanks or Latvia will get a seed for next year which is another joke.

What a farce :(

Grates with me to see Nicholls commentating on the damn thing when he should stop behaving like a child and ride in the event

Just my view and I am sure he has his reasons even though I don't agree with them

The previous World Cup matches at Lynn have usually been pretty good, but that was dull fare tonight.

I agree, it was ruined as a spectacle with the Swedes being depleted, throw AJ, Freddie, Sundstrom, Lindback into the mix and it would have been a much better meeting.

Agreed, well below the usual fare from Saddlebow Rd. The Danes were really powerful and I would expect them to lay down a challenge to the Poles on Saturday.

Still plenty to race for in terms of GB progress, no reason why they can't give the Aussies a run for their money on Thursday, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic for our chances.

Do not write the Latvians off. Could be real spoilers

• Like 2

Grates with me to see Nicholls commentating on the damn thing when he should stop behaving like a child and ride in the event

Just my view and I am sure he has his reasons even though I don't agree with them

Have to say I fully agree, he talked about the pride of representing your country and he couldn't be arsed.

• Like 1

What a completely rubbish and ridiculously over drawn out (surprise surprise!!!) meeting. One decent battle for the lead in 20 races, forgone conclusion as far as the first 2 places were concerned well before the meeting started and delay after unneccesary delay in getting the meeting a) started and B) run. But hey!, its the British SWC World Cup event, so, just like the British GP, it HAS to be drawn out and drag on for ever, as its the law or so it seems! (and nothing whatsoever to do with the Promoters wanting to keep the crowd buying food and drinks whilst nothing is happening on the track, of course!)

It would be nice if the presenter with Scott knew the first thing about speedway. He is off Blue Peter or something?

Rubbish, he is the best we have had for some time. He seems fairly knowledgeable for what I assume is a 'non-speedway fan'.
  • Like 1

Be fair folks, Kennett was only any good when he took a bloody drill to his exhaust. The blokes utter garbage and always has been.

Way over the top, we all could see that he tried that's good anough for me not good anough tonight i know.
  • Like 1

Australia must be looking forward to riding against the two man GB team.....

Not if we change the other two riders. With Barker and King in, we can beat the Aussies.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

In Prague I would go for Danny King and Lewis Bridger, Cookie has never ridden outside the UK and the World Cup play off is not the place to start. The other two race abroad and have a point to prove. Again, Worrall has only ridden abroad a couple of times and no point chucking him in the deep end.

We have some promising riders but they need more exposure to international competition, European Champs, World U21, etc rather than racing around Premier League tracks week in week out. Have a test match abroad, even if it is against Czech or Latvia, that sort of thing.

• Like 1