British Speedway Forum
skoobie

Workington 2014

Ooft that is a strong top five...good luck to Josh and Mason , hope they both do well and stay injury free

well im a comet fan and i think its a solid all round top 5 and i know both reserves can improve

but whats really nice is all the positive coments from all you fans from other teams

makes a real change on this forum recently

looking forward to 2014

Could 2014 finally be the Comets year.

That is a very strong side and could well be a match for any team.

Not too surprised to see Ricky Wells there,, but the Grajczonek signing was one that I did not see coming.

The key signing has to be Howarth, he has to be looking to put up a major challenge for a heatleader spot.

Superb line up for the Comets - That top 5 will take some trumping and Morris is improving year upon year.

Considering the 7 I have heard Plymouth are looking to track I'd expect you to be top and us to be below bottom!

What a team workington have very strong top 4enough to win those all important away matches which should guarantee them a def top3 place come the end of the season

Cracking line up. Will definitely be favourites.

All the pressure will be on them from the start.

Worky's to lose.

Cracking line up. Will definitely be favourites.

All the pressure will be on them from the start.

Worky's to lose.

If only speedway was that simple. Many a strong line-up been ruined by injuries. Obviously don't want that to happen to any team but I'm afraid it always has a big bearing as the Comets know only too well from recent experience.

We have got a really good asset base now with Rene, Mason and Kyle in this years team plus Richard and Charles Wright. Looks promising for the future

• Like 1

Very good top 4, but the other 3 are pretty weak IMO.... Saying that, Howarth should kick on this season and could easily up his average by a lot and Rene, grajczonek and wells are always steady scorers at most away tracks which makes them good things for the play offs surely... It's ok mills having 2 new bikes but he has to stay on the thing lol, Morris got better as last season went on and should be looking to up his game with last years experience under his belt.

Edited by Arson fire

Deffo a good looking side and like Newcastle a top 5 with the potential for most of them to be Number 1 at the end of the season.

Too early to be declared favourites but I had you down as League Champions last year and it didn't happen, mainly I think because Rene didn't get back to a 9+ average I thought he would.

Good luck to the Comets though as a fellow Northern side. Unlike a certain Redcar 'individual' on the Newcastle pages I personally hope all the Northern clubs have a good year. Below by my beloved Diamonds of course. (Hopefully).

• Like 2

Pressure on them two reserves because the promotion have shown a massive sign of commitment especially in Chris Mills because at times last season he was embarrassing to watch.

Ashley has improved slowly and I would have included him 100% but as for Mills it's good he is investing in better equipment but he needs the bottle back to ride them.

We have got a really good asset base now with Rene, Mason and Kyle in this years team plus Richard and Charles Wright. Looks promising for the future

Does that include Poole assets Kyle and Josh?

Gutted Josh will not feature in the Rebels side for 2014. I would have been more than happy if Josh was our no 1 and that is saying something when comparing him with Doyley. Good luck to him and the Comets for 2014. I reckon you will be there or thereabouts and love him. Such a talented rider who is on the up. It just begs the question what form will the Rebels now be?