British Speedway Forum

so it has been announced in the telegraph and on here but there seems to be no mention of it on the scorpions main website, seems to me that this is going downhill. it said that a major announcement was to come soon with the correct amount of fanfare then just leeks out via the local rag.

Apologies for that - it was supposed to all go out at the same time (last Thursday - an update to the website did say that the news was now going to be out within the next fortnight rather than the next week), but some computer problems put paid to that.

Sorry - we do try to co-ordinate the news between the Telegraph, Speedway Star and the Press Releases, but it all slipped out of sync this time.

But let's concentrate on the postivie, which is a very good new team sponsor for the Scunthorpe Scorpions.

All the best

Rob Peasley (Scunny Press Officer)

More importantly for you Rob is the 31st of may 2014 a group you have championed for a long time at The O2 down cowley rd

Chas and Dave

Plans change so how about?

1. Nick Morris 8.84

2. Ryan Douglas 5.03

3. Josh Auty 7.24

4. David Howe 6.34

5. Anders Mellgren 7.33

6. Matt Williamson 3.00

7. Hynek Stichauer 4.56 (probably at plymouth though) or a 4.72

I know it doesn't have Ashley Birks or Thomas Jorgensen in it but it is still a pretty solid team

And Nick Morris comes back which is only a good thing

Edited by DIAMONDS

Nick Morris is already in Rebel's 2014 line up,rather have Captain Birks and Jorgy personally.

Ahh but is he? Go on the rebels 2014 thread and read it.

I think Morris will be announced tomorrow. Nice bit of pun used on scunthorpes twitter

I think Morris will be announced tomorrow. Nice bit of pun used on scunthorpes twitter

Could be a Red Herring again after the MASTER plan last time. Be interesting to see though.

So it ain't looking good for Ash then?.

Nope. Sheffield or Peterborough if they run can fit him in. If not hopefully belle Vue will take him on full time. PL loss will be our gain

if it is masters and we use a 3 pointer then this will leave only 4.72 for last rider meaning ryan douglas will start in the main body unless we drop another rider and bring in jorgy and another rider above 5.03 to keep ryan at reserve.

• Like 1

Nope. Sheffield or Peterborough if they run can fit him in. If not hopefully belle Vue will take him on full time. PL loss will be our gain

So he isn't allowed to ride as a draft rider in the top league & now struggling to get a spot in the Premier League.

Oh how these new rules have helped our young British riders, NOT!!!!!!!!!!.

• Like 2

if it is masters and we use a 3 pointer then this will leave only 4.72 for last rider meaning ryan douglas will start in the main body unless we drop another rider and bring in jorgy and another rider above 5.03 to keep ryan at reserve.

I think you will find that Masters signed for edinburgh a good few weeks ago