British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Berwick Sunday 1st September Premier League

Updates for this meeting.

Not sure where rider replacement for Stuart Robson is in the riding order tonight.

I would think it will be RR at 2 as it was last night!!

Which of the 2 on the same average is elligible for the r/r ride?

Last night it was everyone in the team apart from No1 Worrall that were able to take a ride.

Last night it was everyone in the team apart from No1 Worrall that were able to take a ride.

Only Lewi, Tully and Anton got R/R rides last night (according to updates site), which I am presuming means Ludo has been declared the higher of the two.

Only Lewi, Tully and Anton got R/R rides last night (according to updates site), which I am presuming means Ludo has been declared the higher of the two.

Thanks Abbott -presumably fractions higher at next decimal place.

Shame the BSPA dont show rides/points as before on declarations.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

it was said everyone bar Worrall could ride, but that Lindgren was declared higher and your right about who took the rides,,,

Diamonds to win about 55-35

Intresting to see how Anton rides again after having three good opening meetings at Workington Newcastle and Berwick

Hope Kozza is ok what happen to David 0 ? Well done Andy for laying it down

I have been supporting Speedway since 1964 and I have never seen a Rider react as quick as Andrew Tully did tonight. He laid down his Bike in a split second and I reckon stopped a bad situation being VERY much worse. He earned a Public Commendation from the Referee - and my goodness - he deserved it. :approve: :approve:

Well done Andy. :t:

• Like 3

I have been supporting Speedway since 1964 and I have never seen a Rider react as quick as Andrew Tully did tonight. He laid down his Bike in a split second and I reckon stopped a bad situation being VERY much worse. He earned a Public Commendation from the Referee - and my goodness - he deserved it. :approve: :approve:

Well done Andy. :t:

yes, kozza should be paying tullys repair bills.... He's a very lucky man to walk away from that.

Left after heat 13, was rubbish.

Wish I'd stayed at home

Mind you it was good to see a decent centre green presenter at brough who seems to be able to go on the centre green and not be rooted to the spot in front of the announcers box as the previous two did

Edited by Goodiepatchie

When a top team takes on an inferior one,they dominate them early on before sending them packing after handing out good hammering,that ladies and gentlemen is what happened at Brough Park last night.Newcastle were dominant throughout and the only tiny minor blip was their only last place of the night for Tully in Ht13.Worrall was imperious with his maximum,while Newcastle looked to have unearthed another top talent in Rosen,impressive at Shielfield on saturday and impressive again last night.

Another awful away performance from Berwick,and those fans that have travelled to a number of the away meetings deserve a medal the size of a frying pan IMO if that was an example of the kind of pap they have had to put up with.Two riders should be exempt of critisizm,Kozza Smith whos night last to the third bend in Ht4,and Paul Starke who once again his score and performance put some of his more experienced teamates to shame.Aspegren,Barrett and Bellego were emmbarrassing,Aspegren may well have won Ht12 but other than that he was useless and Barrett and Bellego shouldve stayed at home,quite how the manager put the black`n`white hat on Bellego in Ht8 is beyond me as Starke had to have been a better bet especially as Mr Va Va Voom had been tailed off in his first two rides.Alden looked good in winning Hts5 & 11,though he was back to his moody best for the rest of the night.

Watching Berwick last night answered alot of questions for me,the main one being some of these riders individually and all of these riders as a team arent up to the job of taking Berwick Speedway foward and up the PL to a respectable level.

• Like 1

When a top team takes on an inferior one,they dominate them early on before sending them packing after handing out good hammering,that ladies and gentlemen is what happened at Brough Park last night.Newcastle were dominant throughout and the only tiny minor blip was their only last place of the night for Tully in Ht13.Worrall was imperious with his maximum,while Newcastle looked to have unearthed another top talent in Rosen,impressive at Shielfield on saturday and impressive again last night.

Another awful away performance from Berwick,and those fans that have travelled to a number of the away meetings deserve a medal the size of a frying pan IMO if that was an example of the kind of pap they have had to put up with.Two riders should be exempt of critisizm,Kozza Smith whos night last to the third bend in Ht4,and Paul Starke who once again his score and performance put some of his more experienced teamates to shame.Aspegren,Barrett and Bellego were emmbarrassing,Aspegren may well have won Ht12 but other than that he was useless and Barrett and Bellego shouldve stayed at home,quite how the manager put the black`n`white hat on Bellego in Ht8 is beyond me as Starke had to have been a better bet especially as Mr Va Va Voom had been tailed off in his first two rides.Alden looked good in winning Hts5 & 11,though he was back to his moody best for the rest of the night.

Watching Berwick last night answered alot of questions for me,the main one being some of these riders individually and all of these riders as a team arent up to the job of taking Berwick Speedway foward and up the PL to a respectable level.

Not the first team to get thumped at Rough Park,and wont be the last ,cant see anyone fancying beating the diamonds over two legs in the Play offs,the team to avoid by the looks----I wouldn't want their wage bill either!!!!!!

Not the first team to get thumped at Rough Park,and wont be the last ,cant see anyone fancying beating the diamonds over two legs in the Play offs,the team to avoid by the looks----I wouldn't want their wage bill either!!!!!!

True,but to put up a performance as some did last just isnt on IMO,especially after out manager came out on saturday night with this,"We’re not here to do favours and will be looking for a win – mark my words.”Maybe he should have got his team into the same way of thinking.