British Speedway Forum
lionking

Worst Presenters

You should try Shielfield every Saturday, our presentation needs are more than covered.

I was there on Saturday , Dick's a mate so i canny say too much haha

Best presenter for us has been Darren Fletcher, from BBC, was very good also enjoyed Rob Godfrey at Scunny the other month.

Worst Peter York and Craig Saul, York just talks genuine crap, and Saul for me cant do anything off the cuff, always reading his clip board, and same dull questions.

Second best in the game.

Go to Edinburgh and you get hit with , the mighty monarchs , the record breaking monarchs , and recently the incredible monarchs . That and other nausiating back slapping smugness has one reaching for the sick bag . :o

Yes, it grated with me a bit the another night. The only good thing was that the announcer kept forgetting to say 'incredible' :D

You should try Shielfield every Saturday, our presentation needs are more than covered.

check out there chatzone its like the oscars all the back slaping thanking one another same 18/ 24 people all the time

Naturally this will be seen as anti Leicester but their bloke is pretty bad, i will also say though one of my pet hates any presenter who talks over races or the finish of races, Let the riders do the talking on the track then you can chat about it afterwards, by talking over the action you are taking some of the attention away from the riders and its them people pay to see, no one goes to hear a presenter talk!

On the flip side can only agree with others regarding Kevin Long, very charismatic and intelligent and another worth a mention is Craig Saul, some complain he speaks to fast but i never have a problem hearing what he says.

• Like 2

In defence of Craig Saul i see no problem with a clipboard and off the cuff stuff tends to be rubbish anyway. His research rather than being amateur tends to suggest he cares about getting things right and he exudes professionalism, we have had much worse over the years at Rye House. Mike Bennett was always entertaining but the best there has been in my time of Speedway watching was the the late great Ted Sear, so in demand always unruffled and a great voice. He seemed in total control and was strictly neutral which is how i like it. A big mention also to Kevin's Long and Coombs who do great jobs. I don't see the need to mention who are worst

Well I like Roy (I don't know his surname) at Newcastle.

He is Entertaining, Funny and keeps us up to date. What more do we want?

Oh!! I know - "The lean Green Racing Machine that is........................................................".

Keep up the good work Roy. :t::approve: :approve:

A few weeks ago at Owlerton the crowds were in hysterics over something I didn't immediately understand as I am not local.

Apparently a ticket for some Party in the Park at Barnsley was announced as the first prize in the draw.

The crowd around me collapsed in mirth, some wag shouting "Ay, Baarnsleys gorra paark!"

The second prize appeared to be £250 which really brought the house down with comments about booby prizes.

My friend who is from Sheffield had to explain for me.

Porky isn't to my taste, but he is miles better than the two monkeys who were car park attendants at Monmore years ago who sent far travelled visiting fans into a corner and then boxed them in with Wolves fans cars.

I won't be rude about George, but I would much rather have Derek Turner in the box at Stoke and no centre green announcer at all.

Graham is great at Buxton, if the speakers break down, he simply opens the windows and shouts to us all at the top of his voice and his constant losing arguments with Mark Northall the Cradley spy is hilarious.

Rob Godfrey is brilliant at the job, partisan, amusing, sarcastic, informative and dry:

"Are we havin' 'em on on two minutes or what ref?"

Porky isn't to my taste, but he is miles better than the two monkeys who were car park attendants at Monmore years ago who sent far travelled visiting fans into a corner and then boxed them in with Wolves fans cars.

Porky is so terrible he's bad. A visit to Wolves wouldn't be the same without him.

Oh!! I know - "The lean Green Racing Machine that is........................................................".

Roy Clarke (don't forget "Lightening.... :wink::P )

I know I'm probably biased, but I prefered Andrew Dalby.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago at Owlerton the crowds were in hysterics over something I didn't immediately understand as I am not local.

Apparently a ticket for some Party in the Park at Barnsley was announced as the first prize in the draw.

The crowd around me collapsed in mirth, some wag shouting "Ay, Baarnsleys gorra paark!"

The second prize appeared to be £250 which really brought the house down with comments about booby prizes.

My friend who is from Sheffield had to explain for me.

I won't be rude about George, but I would much rather have Derek Turner in the box at Stoke and no centre green announcer at all.

Graham is great at Buxton, if the speakers break down, he simply opens the windows and shouts to us all at the top of his voice and his constant losing arguments with Mark Northall the Cradley spy is hilarious.

Rob Godfrey is brilliant at the job, partisan, amusing, sarcastic, informative and dry:

Rob Godfrey was very entertaining and a great sense of humour on my last visit.
  • Like 1

We have been hugely spoilt at Foxhall with John Earrey and Kevin Long, 2 of he best there has ever been.

Got to be honest nevr heard much of Peter York apart from the British Finals when i was about 14 from 1990-1995 and i used to like the last lap commentarys back then. But then again it was such a big occasion that it isnt now

Just to show it is a matter of personal taste, I think he's absolutely awful. I couldn't believe it when I heard he was doing Redcar too.

Typical Godfrey and one of the reasons why he's so popular.

His reaction to a race once when I was there (where a Scunny rider was placed second instead of first) was 'You're having a giraffe'. :D:approve:

A quick mention for my old mate Kevin Moore, too. He doesn't do it much now but he was (and still is) one of the most professional in the game.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Roy Clarke (don't forget "Lightening.... :wink::P )

I know I'm probably biased, but I prefered Andrew Dalby.

Thank you for that Steve. :t::) :)

I liked Andrew too - but - for pure entertainment I, personally, prefer Roy. :)

Sorry.

Just to show it is a matter of personal taste, I think he's absolutely awful. I couldn't believe it when I heard he was doing Redcar too.

Typical Godfrey and one of the reasons why he's so popular.

His reaction to a race once when I was there (where a Scunny rider was placed second instead of first) was 'You're having a giraffe'. :D:approve:

A quick mention for my old mate Kevin Moore, too. He doesn't do it much now but he was (and still is) one of the most professional in the game.

We must agree to differ HT. At least Roy injects some enthusiasm in to the proceedings. In short - I enjoy his contributions very much.

Edited by The White Knight

Got to be honest nevr heard much of Peter York apart from the British Finals when i was about 14 from 1990-1995 and i used to like the last lap commentarys back then.

Possibly just about tolerable 30 years, but never evolved from the 'Smashie and Nicey' style, and he started to forget where he was half the time. Thought it quite funny when he eventually hounded off the centre green at Swindon and had to resort to announcing from the box...

Possibly just about tolerable 30 years, but never evolved from the 'Smashie and Nicey' style, and he started to forget where he was half the time. Thought it quite funny when he eventually hounded off the centre green at Swindon and had to resort to announcing from the box...

Crap commentator end of, up his own a.. loved being centre of attention 30 years behind his sell buy date.
  • Like 1