British Speedway Forum

It's a shame that Frost didn't put the club up for sale after the last home meeting and then there may have been a chance of finding a new owner to run EL speedway in 2014 - the main thing now is the club doesn't close a new owner needs to be found ASAP to run PLracing in 2014 .

• Like 2

There was a big hint in this article but still a shame that it's happened. Never really "got" Rick Frost I'm afraid and will always be remembered as one of the ones who nearly killed British speedway in 2010 and now he has done it to Peterborough in 2013. I do hope that someone comes in as we need all the clubs to survive - sad day indeed.

Agree with most of that, the article made me question his intention to run I must admit, but I dismissed it. Now its become reality its a bloody awful feeling, absolutely awful. If only I could win the lotto this week....

Why do you have to quantify a sad day for the panthers with a cheap dig at Leicester.........how low can you go.

You really need to get off that high horse. I was highlighting what a sad day it was for us all, we have lost somewhere great, and replaced it with.......

It's a shame that Frost didn't put the club up for sale after the last home meeting and then there may have been a chance of finding a new owner to run EL speedway in 2014 - the main thing now is the club doesn't close a new owner needs to be found ASAP to run PLracing in 2014 .

Can only agree with that.

Can only agree with that.

Agreed, surely all 'Speedway' fans would want a new owner for Panthers and entry into the Premier League otherwise the sport that seems to be slowly dying in the UK takes a step closer.

Hope this is only a temporary problem for Peterborough and they are soon back at the EoES in whichever league they can.

On a slightly worrying thought ....... which team is KKS, Hougaard Racing, MJJ Racing etc etc going to infultrate now !!!

• Like 1

If they find a new owner why can't they go back into the EL.

The press release from the AGM just made it sound as though that was not an option but I see your point.

Also if say the current 10 teams start filling their 1-5 positions before any potential new owner is found then the options left for rider's 1-5 for a Peterborough team would be sparse.

If they find a new owner why can't they go back into the EL.

Because Leicester have their spot

Because Leicester have their spot

There is that, so in theory any potential resurrection would mean taking Leicester's Premier League Spot?

Really feel for the Panthers fans tonight, was very surprised and disapointed that they wont be in the Elite League next season. Fingers crossed someone is found to take over and the Panthers can race on next season. I went to the EOES for the first time last season, and it would be a massive blow to the sport to lose a track as good as that, best track I have been to. Sad Day :(

• Like 4

There is that, so in theory any potential resurrection would mean taking Leicester's Premier League Spot?

That won't happen this year, can't chuck Leicester out after inviting them, so would have to be an expanded EL in 2015 or an EL club drops out in 12 months/

If the current owners were losing £100k per season, it would make sense for any new owners to start off in the Premier League, rather than going straight in at the deep end.

• Like 1

Just want to say how gutted I am for all Panthers fans tonight. Hope this isn't the end for your club and you can return at any level at least in the future and hopefully find your way back to the EL sooner rather than later. Will really miss my trips to the showground, especially the annual bank holiday double header with us Bees. Probably my favourite venue to watch speedway. Would be great if the showground could at least be used for shared events next season to keep a foot in and make sure the place is not completely wasted in British speedway but no doubt there'll be reasons why that can't happen.

• Like 1