British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Happy to have Kyle on board Pirates through and through and one of the best reserves in the league. Smart will be the weak link but all teams are in the same boat. Very pleased and all starting to look extremely good for our defence of our title.

dont see the fuss about newman tbh. been around a few years now and still the same stage he was two years ago. smart is a terrible signing.

• Like 2

But perhaps Matt is the innocent party here and Coventry should be blasted for reverting to their old cheating ways. Poole are the innocent party here but I guess it's all OK because It's against us. If it had been the other way around a thread would have run to 40 pages.

Big double standards by some posters on here.

Will make no difference in the scheme of things because Poole will still have a great lineup come March.

you love a wind up this has to be the joke post of the day surely you can't believe what you wrote!

Is Smart a worse signing than Dyer? At least Dyer stepped up in the play offs........ Oh no wait that's right Poole didn't use him

you love a wind up this has to be the joke post of the day surely you can't believe what you wrote!

Is Smart a worse signing than Dyer? At least Dyer stepped up in the play offs........ Oh no wait that's right Poole didn't use him

I think you'll find we did!!

SWINDON 52

H. Andersen 2,2',3,0,3=10+1

E. Kennett 1',3,3,1=8+1

P. Kildemand 3,2,1,2=8

N. Morris 2',1',3,Fx=6+2

T. Batchelor 2,3,3,1,1=10

L. Kerr 1,1,0,=2

K. Howarth 3,1',0,1',3=8+2

POOLE 42

D. Ward 3,3,4,2',2=14+1

T. H Jonasson 0,Fx,2,1'=3+1

G. Hancock 0,4,2,3=9

R. Tungate 1,0,0,1'=2+1

M. Janowski 3,1,2,3,0=9

J. Grajczonek 0,0,1',0,2=3+1

M. Dyer 2,0,0,=2

From Poole Speedway website.

Edited by lisa-colette

hey, give the man a chance, while he may not be a greg hancock or a chris holder, with the right kit and team behind him he CAN be a match winner against every one of the draft riders. When he came to lynn with Birmingham one season in the pl he scored something like 13 from 5 and rode like a man possessed.The draft riders aren't there to be world beaters, they are reserves.I bet I am not the only person glad to see an end to foreign imports brought in on a ridiculous assessed average with a team built above them so they can get 7 rides and clean up. This draft rider system is at least a try to get back to what reserves SHOULD be, Relative novices,and British too.

You mean this:

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/4095/kings-lynn-birmingham-pt-30pm

I loved Lee Smart back then in 2007/2008/2009 when he rode for us, in his late teens and was pretty decent PL reserve/second string. If only thsi EL draft was around for him back then, may have kicked on more.

Its a shame hes fallen away quite a bit, he'll never make a major breakthrough but I think he's more than capable of improving on the last few terrible seasons. If he does he wont be the worst rider from this draft.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Having watched Smart for a few seasons I wouldn't be excited. He's capable of the odd decent meeting but seems to lose confidence and form very easily, he's also a very tall lad and not the most lithe which doesn't help. If anything he seems to have gone backwards over the last 6 or 7 years, can't see it as anything other than a poor signing.

You lot should stop moaning & count yourself lucky we PICKED Tom Perry & Max Clegg shocking !!!!

Having watched Smart for a few seasons I wouldn't be excited. He's capable of the odd decent meeting but seems to lose confidence and form very easily, he's also a very tall lad and not the most lithe which doesn't help. If anything he seems to have gone backwards over the last 6 or 7 years, can't see it as anything other than a poor signing.

It would seem its not all cut and dried for Smart - or with some other selected reserves?! Discussions now have to take place to check rider availability against (presumably) a draft fixture list!!?

Changes could still be made........!

It would seem its not all cut and dried for Smart - or with some other selected reserves?! Discussions now have to take place to check rider availability against (presumably) a draft fixture list!!?

And I was just beginning to believe that for once the promoters had managed to organise something that had" worked to plan". Should have known better. :D

Ford has something up his sleeve no doubt.

• Like 4

Why do you refer to Smart, but not Newman?

I did suggest yesterday that Smart was a tactical selection in terms of the benefits of him not riding.

Why do you refer to Smart, but not Newman?

I did suggest yesterday that Smart was a tactical selection in terms of the benefits of him not riding.

Merely quoting from an article in today's local press!! Kyle Newman is not an issue as he is a Poole asset and has always wanted to ride permanently for his local club. Having also signed for Plymouth I would imagine there won't be many fixture clashes, if any at all!

Having one of the last '2nd picks' in the draft, MF admits he knows little about Smart and will now be checking his other commitments. I'm sure the same will also apply to some other clubs, because of the different EL race nights!?

Its not a criticism of the system or any individual club - but its not rocket science either!!

Edited by Skidder1

As long as it doesn't result in any other club losing out on a rider they have chosen or in Poole bringing in a ringer I don't see the problem.

There are three riders not chosen during the draft so any club not happy with fixture clashes should be able to find what they want from those lads left over. It's typical of speedway though that the situation isn't cut and dried after a really good effort yesterday.

Merely quoting from an article in today's local press!! Kyle Newman is not an issue as he is a Poole asset and has always wanted to ride permanently for his local club. Having also signed for Plymouth I would imagine there won't be many fixture clashes, if any at all!

Having one of the last '2nd picks' in the draft, MF admits he knows little about Smart and will now be checking his other commitments. I'm sure the same will also apply to some other clubs, because of the different EL race nights!?

Its not a criticism of the system or any individual club - but its not rocket science either!!

Year after year this little man acts like a dictator. Everything is calculated with him. It was obvious yesterday what he was up to as I posted and he's instantly released his true feelings in the press. He had to be the first to abuse this. He really doesn't want to deal with what he sees as inferior British talent. The season hasn't even started and Ford is creating a scenario for (another) rider withholding their services.

So he sees no problem arranging fixtures around Newman, but with Smart the risk is so great he may need to replace him !!!

Good to see the fixture lists are due to be published shortly. He could have said I need to work with Smart to ensure his availability, but no within 24 hours he's mentioning other riders who are available. You never know, it may be a rider who withdrew from the list; maybe he was already being tapped up.

• Like 5

I'm sure I've read that they will produce a list of riders who can be used as guests and team changes for the season. Or I have completely made that up.