British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Wish people would stop calling us the man utd of football just because our promoter likes them, he obviously doesnt know much about football!!

Unlike Kings Lynn who have currently named an illegal 1-7!!

....that has yet to be approved!! ;)

Not still going on about Lambert's age are you.If the Bpsa don't approve it then as someone said we bring in Mallett and then re-declare a week or so later,by naming him now surely saves so much hassle.

So do Wolves, next.

Wolves fans don't moan about the rules if it affects our club, we just accept them.

Piotr showed his ability when riding for Poole so thems the rules. He is a talent and time will tell if he matches his assessed average.

I just wish the rules reflecting all newcomers where changed to a minimum 5 for all newcomers.

I think its fair to ALL teams!

Shame you did. But the beauty for me at least is i hope i dont have read any further quotes from the forum`s worst poster. Delighted i am on ignore. Guess it was only a matter of time before it copied me.[/quote

If all new riders had a minimum of 5 then pawlicki would have to a 8 wouldnt he?

Wish people would stop calling us the man utd of football just because our promoter likes them, he obviously doesnt know much about football!!

Think you mean the Man Utd of Speedway.... And i believe Matt knows his Football as well... :D

So do Wolves, next.

Wolves fans don't moan about the rules if it affects our club, we just accept them.

Piotr showed his ability when riding for Poole so thems the rules. He is a talent and time will tell if he matches his assessed average.

I just wish the rules reflecting all newcomers where changed to a minimum 5 for all newcomers.

I think its fair to ALL teams!

Shame you did. But the beauty for me at least is i hope i dont have read any further quotes from the forum`s worst poster. Delighted i am on ignore. Guess it was only a matter of time before it copied me.[/quote

If all new riders had a minimum of 5 then pawlicki would have to a 8 wouldnt he?

Think you mean the Man Utd of Speedway.... And i believe Matt knows his Football as well... :D

Yes I did mean the man utd of speedway and matt cant know his football they dont even play in the same colour!!

More guff from the shovlar can't believe he actually believes what he writes which means its blatant trolling as usual. Because you have won the league recently you are the biggest club! Nice criteria! Success doesn't make you the biggest club there is much more to it than that though wouldn't expect you to see that. Man Utd won nothing in the 80's yet were still accepted as the biggest club. Belle Vue is widely regarded as the biggest club. Ask a non speedway fan to name a team and I would very much doubt Poole would get a mention

However Poole are probably the most successful club over the last decade

• Like 3

They are the most successful but not the biggest club

Poole - The Man Utd of Speedway.

Ipswich - The err, well, The Ipswich of Speedway. ;)

Thing is I support my club if we do well its a bonus. In my mind the sport should be bigger than any club. Unfortunately some dont think that is the case it's winning what counts nothing else. I'm not fussed of Ipswich are bottom of the elite which we nearly always were or mid table in the premier, I want to see speedway and my club be stable and keep running. Just a shame there is a win at all costs mentality in the sport. I'm sure Reading Bradford Hull fans would like to see a mid table prem side. Ask the Peterborough fans if they would rather be premier or not running! You sit up there on your pedestal and the true fans will enjoy our sport
  • Like 3

who would you suggest the biggest club?..

I personally think you judge biggest team by trophies won/crowd attraction, and who draws in crowds on their travels..

in modern day speedway, I would have to say poole myself....belle vue if you go back in history, but in todays world belle vue are miles away..Ipswich under berry were awesome, and the bees too have great history

• Like 1

They are the most successful but not the biggest club

Thing is I support my club if we do well its a bonus. In my mind the sport should be bigger than any club. Unfortunately some dont think that is the case it's winning what counts nothing else. I'm not fussed of Ipswich are bottom of the elite which we nearly always were or mid table in the premier, I want to see speedway and my club be stable and keep running. Just a shame there is a win at all costs mentality in the sport. I'm sure Reading Bradford Hull fans would like to see a mid table prem side. Ask the Peterborough fans if they would rather be premier or not running! You sit up there on your pedestal and the true fans will enjoy our sport

I dont want my club being called the man utd of speedway as I hate man utd.

I think most poole fans would rather they had a mid table. than no team but matt ford knows the value of play offs every year and winning is profitable.

I am glad I support a winning team but that doesnt mean I wouldnt support them if they didnt make the play offs every year.

I am sure the whole speedway world is glad the panthers are running in the pl as the sport cannot afford to lose them or their fantastic racetrack

• Like 1

have to disagree with gavan, but hey, we all have different opinions, personally sport IS about winning..the taking part attitude

isn't for me...sport is competitive, give me the matt ford mentality everyday of the week..again, I no poole fan, but you have to admire there position

• Like 2

I dont want my club being called the man utd of speedway as I hate man utd.

I think most poole fans would rather they had a mid table. than no team but matt ford knows the value of play offs every year and winning is profitable.

I am glad I support a winning team but that doesnt mean I wouldnt support them if they didnt make the play offs every year.

I am sure the whole speedway world is glad the panthers are running in the pl as the sport cannot afford to lose them or their fantastic racetrack

Totally agree. Personally I can't stand the club or the majority of it's glory hunting supporters who have never been to Old Trafford.

A bit like some on here who dislike Poole with a passion and to be truthful - I can understand what they are feeling because we have been successful and also taking into account the Matt Ford factor... who we Poole fans have to thank for the success but who through his determination to ensure our winning ways, has upset lots of people on the way. I suppose a bit like Sir Alex of The Gorbals did in his time at MU but in different circumstances of course!

However, as much as I disliked Ferguson and his ways, I had tremendous respect for the man's achievements which I very much doubt, will ever again be repeated.

It just so happens that I was lucky enough to move to a town and support a team that has been rather successful for the last ten years or so but I also remember sticking with them from when I first went to Poole Speedway in the middle 70's onwards, when we endured a long period of time when we never won anything for years.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

Shame you did. But the beauty for me at least is i hope i dont have read any further quotes from the forum`s worst poster. Delighted i am on ignore. Guess it was only a matter of time before it copied me.

Remember good manners cost nothing Stevebrum. But you carry on...soon no one will be reading your posts! :D

• Like 3

have to disagree with gavan, but hey, we all have different opinions, personally sport IS about winning..the taking part attitude

isn't for me...sport is competitive, give me the matt ford mentality everyday of the week..again, I no poole fan, but you have to admire there position

No point in taking part in sport to make up the numbers. Winning is what it is all about. Take up aerobics or hiking if you are not in it to win it.

• Like 1

No point in taking part in sport to make up the numbers. Winning is what it is all about. Take up aerobics or hiking if you are not in it to win it.

Hehe!....Oh Steve...You do make me laugh sometimes! :rofl:

Yes of course try to win, but not at any COST?it is not the be all and end all is it.?
  • Like 1