British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

It appears only 1 person is going to manipulate and take advantage and, yes, they usually do.

The rest of the clubs have played by the spirit of the rule and system.

It is ALWAYS the same club.

We knew it was coming. No explanations as to why it was `suddenly` allowed when other clubs asked for assistance and were refused.

Only one club has had the ruling changed.

Shameful and corrupt.

Yet again Poole and MF get away with what they want.

It is no wonder MF and Poole are the most hated club and are known for bending/changing/ignoring/cancelling to suit.

You have got to give it to Ford, he always manages to 'sway' people...ahem!!!!...alledgedly!

Edited by Speedwaycrazy

hence the reason why ive stopped watching the elite league and only now watch the Swedish. polish leagues and the grand Prix. basically British speedway is whatever matt ford wants and says, :nono:

• Like 1

I did question why the guest rule should be different from replacing a rider rule. There is absolutely no need for any of this, benji may be marginally better than hopwood or johnson but he isnt going to score much more than hopwood or johnson on his own merit.Matt Ford will get no credit from me for this move even if it is within the amended new rules. Benji may score a couple of points tonight but when if we meet kings lynn in the play offs lewis rose is far better and he will score zero

• Like 1

I did question why the guest rule should be different from replacing a rider rule. There is absolutely no need for any of this, benji may be marginally better than hopwood or johnson but he isnt going to score much more than hopwood or johnson on his own merit.Matt Ford will get no credit from me for this move even if it is within the amended new rules. Benji may score a couple of points tonight but when if we meet kings lynn in the play offs lewis rose is far better and he will score zero

That's the stupid thing though as Poole would probably win the league without this & would've for once got credit for their team.

Another sad day for this sport & Phil Morris is a disgrace & corrupt.

• Like 1

That's the stupid thing though as Poole would probably win the league without this & would've for once got credit for their team.

Another sad day for this sport & Phil Morris is a disgrace & corrupt.

I too, got that one wrong, me thinking he was a genuine person, who wanted what was best for the sport. But he's no better than the rest, probably even worse......

Being in charge of the FTR's He was in a position that could have manufactured a new beginning of the Elite league. Young riders put their development in his hands. But fiddling the list to suit certain people, has shown the world what an untrustworthy person he really is. Whatever he decides to do from now on, his character will forever be tarnished.

I hope it was worth it. Sure was a sad day for Speedway............

• Like 3

I too, got that one wrong, me thinking he was a genuine person, who wanted what was best for the sport. But he's no better than the rest, probably even worse......

Being in charge of the FTR's He was in a position that could have manufactured a new beginning of the Elite league. Young riders put their development in his hands. But fiddling the list to suit certain people, has shown the world what an untrustworthy person he really is. Whatever he decides to do from now on, his character will forever be tarnished.

I hope it was worth it. Sure was a sad day for Speedway............

I have a feeling he would be more than compensated & his guest appearances as team manager proved that.

He should've been told he couldn't accept that role but he's just as much as being in it for himself.

Shame he can't come on here & lie his way round it.

Poole would have got to the final with Johnson or Hopwood (or Smart for that matter) at seven

Poole will get through because Sky want them there, and the one who pays the piper call the tune. We saw last year that Sky wanted them in the play-offs and Sky got them in the Play-offs seconds before the track became unsafe to race on.

As we saw on Monday at the Wolves meeting Darcy is box office, His presence adds interest to any meeting. it will increase viewer interest more than any other rider. including the World Champion.. Better viewing figures =more advertising revenue.

You can see Sky's point of view. Good for Sky ,not so good for speedway but its the world we live in.

Poole will get through because Sky want them there, and the one who pays the piper call the tune. We saw last year that Sky wanted them in the play-offs and Sky got them in the Play-offs seconds before the track became unsafe to race on.

As we saw on Monday at the Wolves meeting Darcy is box office, His presence adds interest to any meeting. it will increase viewer interest more than any other rider. including the World Champion.. Better viewing figures =more advertising revenue.

You can see Sky's point of view. Good for Sky ,not so good for speedway but its the world we live in.

Whilst all the way crowds dwindle on a weekly basis going to the tracks.

Cast minds back to march, Lee Smart blah, blah, blah, Ford's up to something etc, etc, etc. This one has been a slow burner. Blue touchpaper lit.

Even the most committed Poole supporter most be thinking 'here we go again'.

• Like 4

Maybe its something to do with Matt Fraud and Sky Sports and this Euro League idea thats been mentioned a few times, how can Fraud enter any Euro League if they aint Elite Champions.

Perception can be everything and as an outsider to the EL Teams, i can see where you EL guys are coming from, it seems to happen every year more or less.

Corrupt Phil Morris :icon_smile_clown: , hang your head in shame. No more Elite lge for me and Sky sports cancelled..

Maybe its something to do with Matt Fraud and Sky Sports and this Euro League idea thats been mentioned a few times, how can Fraud enter any Euro League if they aint Elite Champions.

Perception can be everything and as an outsider to the EL Teams, i can see where you EL guys are coming from, it seems to happen every year more or less.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Poole are the current EL champions so they have every right to be there.................

RP

Phil posts on here doesn't he??....

Just got think up some excuses first.

If this has got anything to do with Morris he has gone right down in my estimations.