British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

No one is bashing Poole.

If you choose to see it that way..................... you might just be a bit paranoid.

No but others on here are very quick to jump on any rider Matt happens to pull out of the bag, and scream foul, whether rightly or wrongly..

so much paranoia its laughable!! its not poole bashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone is saying that Poole acted fairly with Milik and within the rules.

we are also saying that based on Kurtz its not beyond the realms of possibility it could be reassessed!

can you comprehend people?????

• Like 4

So what you are saying is, you are quite happy with Millcks starting average of 4, which has been ratified and correct. But all the other poole bashers on here disagree, so it must be wrong....

No. I've consistently maintained over the years that 4 is too low are starting point. If Milic was listed as a 4 and it wasn't a typo on the Riders Grading List, then he's a 4. The amount of support Poole have received if those are the facts is incredibly high.

There are more views that riders should not start on a 4, but very little (if any) suggesting it should be changed. Poole supporters themselves have suggested that the 4 may have been challenged. Other posters have simply stated that it may be changed (Kurtz precedent), but I think the vast majority would agree it would be wrong to increase it because other teams subsequently think its too low; which is very different from it being changed if the reason were an administrative error (i.e. all other lower riders were given a higher average). But most of us would need to see pretty compelling justification for it to be increased.

No one is bashing Poole.

If you choose to see it that way..................... you might just be a bit paranoid.

Correct

No but others on here are very quick to jump on any rider Matt happens to pull out of the bag, and scream foul, whether rightly or wrongly..

I think on this topic, you are fighting those who are on your side in terms of Millicks starting average.

so much paranoia its laughable!! its not poole bashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone is saying that Poole acted fairly with Milik and within the rules.

we are also saying that based on Kurtz its not beyond the realms of possibility it could be reassessed!

can you comprehend people?????

Now you can't get a much clearer summary than that.

• Like 1

If there's an issue with Poole rider availability, why would the fixture appear on Poole's website and not Lakeside's??

Obviously they can't both be correct but it matters not as its only a challenge anyway. One Poole poster will be carrying on about Pooles fantastic performance as if its the P/O final whatever the result but the rest of us know what challenge matches are about. Wouldn't surprise me to see Holder drafted in to cover for any absentees (if there are any), but with no league points at stake the result is immaterial.

How long before some turnip, (probably with the initial SB) turns up accusing MF of nefarious motives?

Cue yet another condescending post if not about this, then I'm sure he will make it his desire to lecture us about something else. :rolleyes:

Well done to Poole and Scunthorpe Stags Speedway. I also hope it works out and benefits young and up and coming British kids who are interested in speedway and whoever they go onto ride for.

God knows we need to get these kids interested in the sport for the future :t:

EDIT: Nice to see you back home straight. Please, don't be a stranger!

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see what Larel and Hardy have to say about this great move for British youngsters

Hasn't Gavan been beating on for a year or so that Matt Ford is good for Poole but bad for British speedway? I bet this press release will have him gagging on his rice crispies as he tries to figure how to make a post on this topic without managing to praise Matt Ford.

Whilst it proved financially unviable to run a NL team at Wimborne Road, Poole can still be able to bring on British Youngsters through this team at Scunthorpe. Other than Kings Lynn what others EL club has attempted the same?

Big congrats to the Poole promotion for making this happen and giving a huge opportunity to British youngsters.

Can't wait to see what Larel and Hardy have to say about this great move for British youngsters

Hasn't Gavan been beating on for a year or so that Matt Ford is good for Poole but bad for British speedway? I bet this press release will have him gagging on his rice crispies as he tries to figure how to make a post on this topic without managing to praise Matt Ford.

Whilst it proved financially unviable to run a NL team at Wimborne Road, Poole can still be able to bring on British Youngsters through this team at Scunthorpe. Other than Kings Lynn what others EL club has attempted the same?

Big congrats to the Poole promotion for making this happen and giving a huge opportunity to British youngsters.

I remember this quoted throwaway remark a few days ago....

stevebrum

• photo-thumb-1302.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • 19,422 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:31 A

Poole don't do Brits, or care about em ;-)
Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Maybe others are trying to do something like this

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=6787

• Like 1

or this

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=6611

Can't remember any of the Blue Rinse Brigade coming on here and praising Jon Cook, Martin Hagon, or George Barclay for there efforts to get youngsters into the sport at a young age. It seems these initiatives are only consider worthwhile by the Blue Rinsers when Mat Sun-shines-out-of-his-bum is involved.

The more the better! And thank you for pointing it out.

Well done to every bigger speedway club doing their bit for the kids.

I agree but that's doesn't seem to be the way Shovlar & Co see things.

Edited by E I Addio