British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

We are being left at the start gate on team building. People say that other teams don't look anything special, they all look a lot better than the Tigers. We have sign two riders. No word on the new owner's. what about the air fence issue most people seem to have forgotten about that. Why can't someone in the no just give the fans an update on the state of affairs at the club. We don't want to no anything that is confidential just if thing's are progressing. But I won't hold my breath.

other teams arnt anything special including the comets.

At the present time they are better than the Tiger's that's for sure.

How does the sort of stadium and fans Sheffield have make a difference??

Nufc have great fans and a super stadium.... But have been terrible for years.... It's the product they put out and not the fans or the stadium that matters IMO.

You're right, the team and the racing are paramount.

But having a good stadium and top fans help to make Sheffield (at least potentially) one of the biggest clubs not just in the PL but in Britain (they have, after all, been a target for the EL for years). Added to the fresh start new owners will give, they are reasons to be optimistic about Sheffield's future.

We are being left at the start gate on team building. People say that other teams don't look anything special, they all look a lot better than the Tigers. We have sign two riders. No word on the new owner's. what about the air fence issue most people seem to have forgotten about that. Why can't someone in the no just give the fans an update on the state of affairs at the club. We don't want to no anything that is confidential just if thing's are progressing. But I won't hold my breath.

I'd maintain that this a case of being patient. It maybe the case that negotiations for taking over the club are ongoing and nothing can be disclosed as yet.

What is certain is that it benefits no-one to keep the fans in the dark if it is possible to make public precisely what is happening. As soon as details can be released I am sure they will be.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much about that . The nearer we get to the start of the season , riders will get twitchy and their demands will drop . Peter Waite at Berwick never used to sign a rider till the February .

• Like 1

so who is the mystery buyer? Is it adone deal.

We don't know its a mystery.

• Like 1

We don't know its a mystery.

Why am I thinking Toya Wilcox. :D

• Like 5

Heard about two or three possible buyers.

(1) I a Local Consortium of business people.

(2) A Foreign Investor.

(3) Squall and his Dad who have allegedly had a massive win on the scratch cards. .

Heard about two or three possible buyers.

(1) I a Local Consortium of business people.

(2) A Foreign Investor.

(3) Squall and his Dad who have allegedly had a massive win on the scratch cards. .

You will be praying for option 3 then.

You will be praying for option 3 then.

Hope so promised me the Team Manager's job. :shock:

• Like 3

This week's comic has arrived early. Says there are 3 interested parties who have tabled offers, Tony Mole, a foreign businessman and a consortium. Neil expects to make a decision early in the new year. No drastic changes to accommodate rugby league will be made at the moment, but the concrete apron next to the starting gate will be removed.

Well it looks like the length of the takeover has damaged team building a little, lets hope not too much.

Ben Wilson at Stoke in the NL , still think he was good value at just over a 5 for the PL but I am told he is not allowed to double up.

Edited by OILYRAG