British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Barker will of course ride. Morris couldn't guest anyway because of the 8 day rule.

Weather is set good. Going to be packed. Poole boys are going to be up for it but Brum will be as well. Expect a great battle and some great racing.

I think we will need at least a 14 point lead to take to Brum for the second leg but would be reasonably happy with 10+. Anything less and Brum will be clear favourites.

Barker will of course ride. Morris couldn't guest anyway because of the 8 day rule.

Weather is set good. Going to be packed. Poole boys are going to be up for it but Brum will be as well. Expect a great battle and some great racing.

I think we will need at least a 14 point lead to take to Brum for the second leg but would be reasonably happy with 10+. Anything less and Brum will be clear favourites.

Birmingham will need to keep it closer than 10 pts if they have any chance of pulling it off on the fairest track in the EL.

I will send my apologies to the few decent Poole fans but all have gone on ignore because of the arrogance of a couple. My head just can't take anymore garbage.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win over the course of 2 legs and fingers crossed for 2 stunning meetings that us neutrals can really enjoy.

• Like 6

Whats the 8-day rule got to do with anything?? Barker is not at number 1 is he? so no guest allowed, unless someone else in the 1-5 is also missing?! :wink:

Whats the 8-day rule got to do with anything?? Barker is not at number 1 is he? so no guest allowed, unless someone else in the 1-5 is also missing?! :wink:

Just hope all the riders come through the weekend unscathed!

Birmingham will need to keep it closer than 10 pts if they have any chance of pulling it off on the fairest track in the EL.

We'll need to be within half a dozen to have any chance at all.

• Like 1

Ha Ha, wonder if it will be the same this time??

There is going to be virtually no acclaim for a poole win outside of dorset if you manage to win it im afraid !! Would be the most hollow victory of the elite league era !!
  • Like 2

There is going to be virtually no acclaim for a poole win outside of dorset if you manage to win it im afraid !! Would be the most hollow victory of the elite league era !!

......apart from 2010 when the third heat leader rode at reserve all season to win the title!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I couldn't give two hoots if anyone outside of Dorset liked our victory or not! If we win it we will be celebrating loud and proud!

Come on boys bring that title home to Dorset.

Up The Pirates!

I couldn't give two hoots if anyone outside of Dorset liked our victory or not! If we win it we will be celebrating loud and proud!

Come on boys bring that title home to Dorset.

Up The Pirates!

And if you win it - you will deserve it!

It's just the arrogance that gets to everyone - why can't you be more gracious like Skiddely and a few others :rolleyes:

• Like 4

If we were all the same life would be pretty boring. Stepford Wives, eh?

And for your information if Brum win I will be in the stadium and happy to congratulate them on their win. No probs at all.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

If we were all the same life would be pretty boring. Stepford Wives, eh?

And for your information if Brum win I will be in the stadium and happy to congratulate them on their win. No probs at all.

So special treatment for Brum - pity you didn't have the same grace for Swindon and Coventry :rolleyes:

I think you are pretty confident you are going to win so you won't need to congratulate them!

• Like 4

Lets see how fair it is a week monday!!!!!

Not confident at all. Brum finished top of the league for a reason. They are quite clearly the favourites amongst people who know the sport. Can we raise our game two more times to defeat them?

Not confident at all. Brum finished top of the league for a reason. They are quite clearly the favourites amongst people who know the sport. Can we raise our game two more times to defeat them?

Change the record - I don't know why everyone keeps talking about favourites because all that matters is what they do on track - as you well know and witnessed on Monday against Swindon. I think you might even believe the rubbish you write - we all know that bookies are out to make money and they have Poole as the clear favourites! :rolleyes:

Stop playing the underdog card because you are clearly not - in case you don't remember YOU said that whoever won the Poole/Swindon semis would go on and win it!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1