British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

What is there to believe?

Mr Rising tells us the work carried out after Heat 10 caused the track to be unrideable and it became obvious after one more race.

Did anyone else witness Heat 11 in this meeting? If not, then Mr Rising is wrong.

Read the bottom 3 sentances.

Guessing Phil means work carried out after the initial running of Heat 10 (when Puk fell) and it was obvious after the second running of Heat 10 (when Hancock passed Bjerre) that the meeting just had to be abandoned.

In other news we are also now told that Santa,the Tooth Fairy and Bigfoot are all alive and kicking.

• Like 3

Read the bottom 3 sentances.

They're irrelevant. Not interested in what might have happened. Only what did happen.

They're irrelevant. Not interested in what might have happened. Only what did happen.

You mean you only want to see what YOU want to see. Sounds right to me..

• Like 1

Well I am happy to congratulate you. On the wooden spoon. :lol:

Thanks very much. :) Doesn't bother me in the slightest where Coventry finished. It would have been nice if they had been up near the top of the league and in the play-offs but I'm not one of the fans who has continually moaned all season so I've just enjoyed the racing win or lose. It's only sport and not one that can be taken seriously anyway.

• Like 1

You mean you only want to see what YOU want to see. Sounds right to me..

No, I comment on what I saw, which was Heats 1-10. Please enlighten me if the other races took place which is 'what might have happened'.

Oh dear, i knew as soon as the crowd cheered when the luckless Danny King went down we would all this rubbish about fans wanting riders injured, whatever anyone says it happens everywhere, i was at Coventry when poor Lee Richardson fell and they were still cheering as he entered the ambulance, when Darcy fell at Eastbourne the laughter and cheering was deafening. I am a big fan of Danny King, he is a good rider, should have been in the world cup and a really nice guy but crowds will cheer when a rider goes down especially when he is on a double tac ride! I don't think the crowd cheered when Josh Auty went down.

Eastbourne is bad for it, I noticed. But might only be like it when it's Poole riders! I remember a couple of Coventry fans cheering because they thought a Poole rider had broken his leg. Now that's messed up!! The said rider had slightly hurt their shoulder in the end. And yes I told them exactly what I thought of their reaction!!!

Each to their own, but I'm with HT and dislike any cheering when a rider falls. When it happens at Lynn I cringe, and it does regularly.

Obviously sounds louder at Poole due to the home straight stand but doesn't paint the sport in a very good light on telly IMO.

The only time I can remember an away rider not being cheered at coventry was when chris holder crashed and was because it was so bad.

Edited by foreverblue

the type of crash is irrelevent is it not. each club has its idiots who cheer when a rider falls off. ban them from the stadium then. as for managers punching the air i very much doubt that! most managers are ex riders and they know the serious of it all. Cant imagine Havelock or Louis or Rosco cheering a rider falling off as all these guys have had bad crashes over the years.

I saw Paul Muchene slid off and get killed at Hackney.

Per Jonsson if i remember correctly was a fairly minor accident and he ended up in a wheelchair

When Havvy broke his back he slid into the fence.

poole fans are no worse then any other club. the fact is it is wrong

halifaxtiger ... an top class, ex-rider I spoke to recently who was at BV on the night of the Poole fiasco told me: "The track was bad from the start but just about rideable. The work carried out after heat 10 pushed it over the edge and after one more heat it was obvious that the meeting had to stop there and then."

Now some might think that was deliberate sabotage but he didn't think so.

The chances are that even if the meeting had continued Poole would only have gone on to win by more.

Make of that what you will...

This post counts for nothing unless you name the ex rider, as most will assume he has Poole connections...
  • Like 1

the type of crash is irrelevent is it not. each club has its idiots who cheer when a rider falls off. ban them from the stadium then. as for managers punching the air i very much doubt that! most managers are ex riders and they know the serious of it all. Cant imagine Havelock or Louis or Rosco cheering a rider falling off as all these guys have had bad crashes over the years.

I saw Paul Muchene slid off and get killed at Hackney.

Per Jonsson if i remember correctly was a fairly minor accident and he ended up in a wheelchair

When Havvy broke his back he slid into the fence.

poole fans are no worse then any other club. the fact is it is wrong

All pointless waffle. You see most fans, riders etc don't go to a meeting assuming riders are going to be hurt every time they fall off. Riders especially. If they had ANY of those thoughts in their heads they wouldn't be racing in the first place.

The managers you list, I've seen two of them do it personally.

The sport needs more fans who are loud and cheer. Its full of passionless fans who don't make a peep regardless of what happens, creating a dull dead atmosphere and is part of the reason why nobody comes back.

Once again people are focusing on the fall.. the fans aren't cheering because of the fall 'per se' they are cheering because it is an advantage to their team, there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

I've seen many times in GP's when a rider has slid off allowing another by and it has shown the pit crew etc punching the air as their rider goes by.

Speedway isn't the only sport either. I can remember a classic Formula 1 race from years ago involving Nigel Mansell (pretty sure it was him), in a wheel to wheel duel and the other driver crashed on the final turn. The crowd went crazy. As did Mansells pit crew.

Nascar is another. As is MotoGp, where there are roars from a crowd if a rider slides off allowing another popular rider to pass.

The problem is in your own heads. If you link this to wanting a rider/driver to be hurt, that's your own problem. If you have negative thoughts that riders are going to be hurt every time they slide off, that's your own problem.

There will be a very very small minority who take pleasure if an opposing rider is hurt, that's a different story entirely and quite rightly should be condemned.. but the initial cheer, that's just passion and the sport needs more of it.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

im not saying fans are cheering because a rider may be injured.

im not daft enough not to realise its because there team is gaining an advantage.

just think it shouldnt be done unless we know the guy that has fallen off is ok.

if i cheered the fact my team is now on a 5-1 and not a 4-2 as the guy in second slid into the fence, i would feel disgusted if that rider had say broke his back like Havvy did.

its wrong to cheer when someone falls off.

this isnt aimed at Poole fans. im an ipswich fan and we have our idiots who cheer this to and the are in the wrong

im not saying fans are cheering because a rider may be injured.

im not daft enough not to realise its because there team is gaining an advantage.

just think it shouldnt be done unless we know the guy that has fallen off is ok.

if i cheered the fact my team is now on a 5-1 and not a 4-2 as the guy in second slid into the fence, i would feel disgusted if that rider had say broke his back like Havvy did.

its wrong to cheer when someone falls off.

this isnt aimed at Poole fans. im an ipswich fan and we have our idiots who cheer this to and the are in the wrong

Then you have the problem, not others. YOU feel disgusted. YOUR issue. If you weren't wishing the rider harm you have nothing to feel disgusted about. End of.

• Like 1