British Speedway Forum

Rossiter is not GB Manager material in my opinion. Blowing his top live on television, making stupid statements, never mind the regular elementary mistakes as Robins team manager . He is a Wiltshire version of Middleditch.

Yes his track record in recent years has been impressive, but If he is considered as the inspiration of a 'new dawn' for GB speedway, it won't happen. Mind you, that won't happen for many years until there is a radical re think regarding the basic priorities in relation to the nurturing and progress of British youngsters.

Could be worse tho. We could have picked someone that thinks taking drugs, drinking and driving, fleeing from police when intoxicated is `what kids do these days`................ ooops. :rofl:

• Like 4

You're a bit harsh there ER..

Admittedly, there are no outstanding candidates for the job, but Rosco would at least be a step in the right direction..

The clueless oaf Muddle couldn't be bothered to get the necessary accreditation and has no personality whatsoever.

At least Rosco would instill some passion in his riders and that did the USA no harm when their team of no-hopers (GH excluded) relegated GB to last behind Latvia..

TBH...my gran would be an improvement on last year's GB manager..

Clueless oaf? Love to see you say that to his face! Another faceless keyboard idiot!

• Like 1

Always been a fan of Middlo if im being honest since his days as a rider....always good for a laugh an probably the worst serial prankster in speedway...believe me having witnessed a number of Wiggy's do's in Milton Keynes .......

• Like 3

I wasn't made aware of that fact until yesterday & if true which is usually from a good source then Swindon don't really have a leg to stand on.

Whilst I've been arguing Morris's case, I do believe Swindon have a leg to stand on. Legally not, but by the way the BSPA operates. I'd be surprised if many riders have a signed contract at this point, but the whole structure is built around 'how its always worked'. On one hand we have Birks having a verbal agreement and then being told he's not wanted. On the other hand we have Morris having a verbal agreement and then backing out. The entire system is built on an element of trust and precedence.

Assuming Morris still has alternative options, then I'm sure the BSPA will dictate a purchase on the basis of Swindon attempting to use their asset. It is possible to protect their system they will try and play hardball and refuse Morris moving or as an extreme banning him for withholding his services That's particularly dangerous to the entire structure if Morris refuses to accept that. It really does only need one rider to say sod it and bring the sport in this country to its feet.

It worries and surprises me that the BSPA haven't started changing the asset and contract set-up in recent years. There have been warnings and suggestions how to ensure clubs don't lose out financially for their investments, but for some reason they choose to leave themselves exposed. I fear it has a lot to do with the sport's financial predicament in conjunction with the number of injuries that mean teams need to avoid having committed contracts with riders.

• Like 1

Clueless oaf? Love to see you say that to his face! Another faceless keyboard idiot!

Its a forum, we are all faceless. I'm sure there are plenty who would call him a clueless oaf to his face given the chance, me included. Some of his behaviour and comments last year were not what you expected from a National team manager in any sport...

• Like 4

Whilst I've been arguing Morris's case, I do believe Swindon have a leg to stand on. Legally not, but by the way the BSPA operates. I'd be surprised if many riders have a signed contract at this point, but the whole structure is built around 'how its always worked'. On one hand we have Birks having a verbal agreement and then being told he's not wanted. On the other hand we have Morris having a verbal agreement and then backing out. The entire system is built on an element of trust and precedence.

Assuming Morris still has alternative options, then I'm sure the BSPA will dictate a purchase on the basis of Swindon attempting to use their asset. It is possible to protect their system they will try and play hardball and refuse Morris moving or as an extreme banning him for withholding his services That's particularly dangerous to the entire structure if Morris refuses to accept that. It really does only need one rider to say sod it and bring the sport in this country to its feet.

It worries and surprises me that the BSPA haven't started changing the asset and contract set-up in recent years. There have been warnings and suggestions how to ensure clubs don't lose out financially for their investments, but for some reason they choose to leave themselves exposed. I fear it has a lot to do with the sport's financial predicament in conjunction with the number of injuries that mean teams need to avoid having committed contracts with riders.

Yes, whole thing has always seemed to be built on sand, based on custom. In order to remain an "asset" of a team, does that team have to pay a rider a fixed annual retainer fee? Or just a percentage of any loan fees received? Or nothing? If it's the latter, how can there possibly be any contract, and any legal basis of the asset system.

Let's all slag off Middlo 'eh?

Some people on here don't seem to have a clue about the guy. No charisma? Middlo ? Pure jealousy I am afraid.

He speaks as he sees it, is the most successful manager in the recent history of the sport and is totally respected by riders.

Easy to have a pop on here but some people are way off target

• Like 4

Some people on here don't seem to have a clue about the guy. No charisma? Middlo ? Pure jealousy I am afraid.

He speaks as he sees it, is the most successful manager in the recent history of the sport and is totally respected by riders.

I have always liked the bloke,enjoyed watching him ride was Poole through and through.I know through an old rider what a decent guy he is good fun to be around and he is well respected by the riders.Ok he has made mistakes haven't we all? we all know how easy it is to react to nasty comments so i would say give Neil a break move on to some other victim.
  • Like 5

I believe Crump said over and over again Middlo was the manager he most wanted to ride for and when he got the chance he had nothing but praise for him.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

Ah, the old 'jealous of Poole' line, I wondered how long that would take.

While some of the comments on here are a bit harsh we have all seen his rickets while in charge of GB and we all read his remarks on Darcy last winter and the ones that followed on Twitter.

I'm sure he's a lovely fellow but its plain that his decision making leaves an awful lot to be desired on occasion.

• Like 1

Easy to point out the obvious too. He has a habit of putting his foot in it with comments to press.

Respected by the riders maybe, but not well respected by some non Poole fans because of comments made as a National manager. Nothing to do with jealousy if you are able to smell the coffee that is.

Rossiter is not GB Manager material in my opinion. Blowing his top live on television, making stupid statements, never mind the regular elementary mistakes as Robins team manager . He is a Wiltshire version of Middleditch.

Yes his track record in recent years has been impressive, but If he is considered as the inspiration of a 'new dawn' for GB speedway, it won't happen. Mind you, that won't happen for many years until there is a radical re think regarding the basic priorities in relation to the nurturing and progress of British youngsters.

So what ? who cares as long as you win stuff . His record is outstanding so what he does works and that is all that matters .

• Like 1

So what ? who cares as long as you win stuff . His record is outstanding so what he does works and that is all that matters .

Our sentiments at Poole exactly. You took the words right out of ours mouths... Nice one....

You're a bit harsh there ER..

Admittedly, there are no outstanding candidates for the job, but Rosco would at least be a step in the right direction..

The clueless oaf Muddle couldn't be bothered to get the necessary accreditation and has no personality whatsoever.

At least Rosco would instill some passion in his riders and that did the USA no harm when their team of no-hopers (GH excluded) relegated GB to last behind Latvia..

TBH...my gran would be an improvement on last year's GB manager..

Nice one, and you've never made mistakes in your life.... Hmm, i thought so... Time will tell. Rosco will not be able to do anything different with the riders we have at his diposal.. Simples..

Ah, the old 'jealous of Poole' line, I wondered how long that would take.

Yep works everytime.

Edited by Starman2006