British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

I think Porsing, Schlein and Ma ds are probably going to be in the team next year. I would also like to see Kozza, Stead, Kerr, Lambert and Niels (unlikely, I agree with Baggy that we won't be seeing the big gu ns next year- Pedersen, Niels, Hancock etc. ). How about this team: 1.Ward 9.07

2.Porsing 4.00

3.Mads 6.97

4.Stead 5.56

5.Schlein 6.84

6.Kerr/Lambert 3.00

7.Kozza 3.76

Total: 39.2 (3.3 extra for improvements?) Harris-6.82 for Kozza moving Porsing to 7 and Stead at 2?

So no Niels but we can have Darcy, huh? Thought Darcy was a GP rider?

So no Niels but we can have Darcy, huh? Thought Darcy was a GP rider?

Darcy lives in England and is likely to ride here next season whereas Niels doesn't live here and is an asset of Peterborough so he will probably cost more. Darcy is more committed to England than Niels so he will want to ride more in the Elite League. I agree that Darcy is a GP rider as well but he seems more committed than Niels (not criticising Niels he's done a great job) to Elite League speedway. I know Darcy probably won't come and will stay at Poole but it's what I hope will happen.

I've become very disillusioned with Elite league speedway. There are so many issues that need to be sorted. Our teams and those of the oppositions change riders each week, The rules are broken regularly and teams seem do as they like. Some Wednesday we have race meeting and then miss a month. There are a lot of riders who go through the motions purely on a no interest basis. I'm afraid, I too, am getting to the point of why bother. These past few months I've enjoyed watching the 'Young Stars'. So what if the times are a second slower, the racing is close and exciting. We have these young up and coming lads giving there all, to impress the manager, wanting to keep their team place. Some of them are that young, when they take their Helmut off, you see they're still just schoolboys. There is no pretence, no prima donnas, just youngster trying to make a name for themselves. So going with what 'Bagpuss' said about no top guns next year, I believe it would be the correct step in bringing the costs down to an affordable level. I have the utmost respect for Niels and what he as done for the Stars, these past three years. But we need to look at the bigger picture. and watching these youngsters at half the cost. is for me the way forward.

And not to mention the brilliant atmosphere that was evident on Wednesday from the Dudley supporters that to me is something that needs to be encouraged. Don't think I've witnessed that in league racing since the day's of the Stars and Witches in the British League as it was then.

No doubt if the Stars, with Panthers, Leicester Lions, The Witches and Mildenhall were all in the same league, wouldn't the matches be exciting and well attended and generate a brilliant atmosphere. I sure that would bring back the supporters.

• Like 4

It would as long as club all have money to put good teams together in that league.

NKI lives in Peterborough

I think Porsing, Schlein and Ma ds are probably going to be in the team next year. I would also like to see Kozza, Stead, Kerr, Lambert and Niels (unlikely, I agree with Baggy that we won't be seeing the big gu ns next year- Pedersen, Niels, Hancock etc. ). How about this team: 1.Ward 9.07

2.Porsing 4.00

3.Mads 6.97

4.Stead 5.56

5.Schlein 6.84

6.Kerr/Lambert 3.00

7.Kozza 3.76

Total: 39.2 (3.3 extra for improvements?) Harris-6.82 for Kozza moving Porsing to 7 and Stead at 2?

So we won't be seeing any big guns but we will see Darcy!!

Not to mention if Darcy rides in England it won't be for Kings Lynn.

Darcy lives in England and is likely to ride here next season whereas Niels doesn't live here and is an asset of Peterborough so he will probably cost more. Darcy is more committed to England than Niels so he will want to ride more in the Elite League. I agree that Darcy is a GP rider as well but he seems more committed than Niels (not criticising Niels he's done a great job) to Elite League speedway. I know Darcy probably won't come and will stay at Poole but it's what I hope will happen.

Er I thought NKI lived in East Anglia B-) Must make him a honorary East Anglian ;-)

And there's the problem. Frost and Ford CAN afford to pay the demands of the rider's and we're back to square one.

For British speedway as a whole they have to be left out

If they can afford it then they should be allowed to hire them. The points limit is the leveller, not who can afford what. Otherwise, you have to go with the lowest common denominator, probably Eastbourne, and in no time all tracks will average 750 per match

It's been a few weeks since the last meeting for the 1st team and I am actually missing it already. I now can't wait for 2014, just wishing the months away for March.

Regardless of the structure of the league/s I think it's important the team is structured around Schlein and Korneliussen. The promotion are desperate to include Lambert in the team but I do worry the rules and rule makers may have something to say about that as he doesn't turn 16 until 5th April. Next month we'll know more after the AGM.

I would like to see Kerr as a D/U with the return of Porsing also. Hopefully the league structure will allow for Iversen.

1, Iversen

2, Porsing

3, Korneliussen

5, Schlein

6, Kerr D/U

7, Lambert

Edited by oneandtwohalfs

Didn't read this then http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/2812/iversen-irate-with-stars-ban

I think Porsing, Schlein and Ma ds are probably going to be in the team next year. I would also like to see Kozza, Stead, Kerr, Lambert and Niels (unlikely, I agree with Baggy that we won't be seeing the big gu ns next year- Pedersen, Niels, Hancock etc. ).

How about this team:

1.Ward 9.07

2.Porsing 4.00

3.Mads 6.97

4.Stead 5.56

5.Schlein 6.84

6.Kerr/Lambert 3.00

7.Kozza 3.76

Love that team but NKI for Darcy who'll surely be at Poole again and definitely not Harris :nono:

For me the team should be built around NKI Rory Mads And Porsing for me those 4 are a must .

Not been on here for what seems like months!

For me, despite the criticism he's received over the season, I personally would like to see Rory back next season. We never really saw him at his best this year and he only started to show glimmers of what he is capable of doing in the very latter stages of this season. I feel he has a lot more to give and being an asset on a lowish average, I think he'll be set to return anyway. Mads also looks likely. I'd love Niels to be back, but I think a lot will now depend on his SGP and European commitments and it'll also depend on what Peterborough have to say. I'd like to see Nicklas Porsing back after what was a very slow and shakey start, but in the end, his gating talents were something to behold! Kozza I'm sure would be a welcome inclusion and seeing as we never really saw what Simon Stead had to offer, I'd like to think he'd be another possibility.

All ifs, buts and maybes now... Some European leagues are already announcing teams for 2014. This is how far behind we are in comparison to the other speedway nations! I think we leave having our annual AGM far too late, but what do I know?!