British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2014

The first Edinburgh v Glasgow match is being called that, over two legs with riders from both sides donating services

Makes sense , two big crowds and the weather behaving itself hopefully

• Like 1

I'm unintelligent ok mate: two masters degrees. I'm not even going to get into your football chat on here. You are obviously totally deluded. I couldn't give a stuff about Newco FC. If you want to talk about that jump over to a Sevco forum. This is meant to be about speedway.

Honestly, I come on here to get information from fellow speedway fans. I have happily stood in bars after getting hammered by opposing teams and had a pint with opposing fans. I travelled to Shawfield for years to watch monarchs get hammered by Robert Nagy and co...so to be honest I have nothing against Tigers fans,

Trivel? And I don't have a clue? Ok come and see me at Armadale next season and you can give me a blow by blow account of where I am going wrong....

You can start by explaining what "trivel" is...you are obviously a guru on everything, cough, wink. Get away and do your homework now young man, primary 7 is an important year!

Getting back to speedway the air fence fundraiser is a cracking way to open the season. What will we do seeing a Glasgow team with no Grievesy to boo!

What has two master's degrees got to do with anything certainly doesn't do anything for me,in regard's to the football chat you refereed to Ranger's being a new club not me which anyone who took time to explore this would find that they are not a new club or Sevco as you put it but you obviously don't want to know the fact's regarding this and to be honest who cares

Back to the speedway chat yes the first Monarchs v Tigers clash shall be to raise funds for the fence fund hopefully both clubs get a good turn out and both benefit.

Edited by Gazc

So, back to the 2014 team, what's everyone's thoughts on riding order?

In my opinion;

1. Craig Cook - 10.52 (obviously)

2. Aaron Fox - 5.00 (give him time to settle especially away from home with less pressure. Extra points in heat 8)

3. Max Fricke - 5.81 (should do okay at 3, maybe will struggle but he's determined to learn. Can pack minor places well with DS. Good experience.)

4.. Derek Sneddon - 5.52 (hopefully balance out for having a weaker 3rd HL and decent points in heat 14)

5. Sam Masters - 7.43 (obviously)

Reserves either way are quite strong, but personally I would go for:

6. Steve Worrall - 3.00

7. Justin Sedgemen - 4.99 (will probably move into top 5 after first average change and be replaced by Aaron at #7)

• Like 1

Moderator, now that the Edinburgh team has been announced and as a result some of their BSF MEMBERS are spending more time discussing the exciting prospects of the Glasgow team, may I suggest we merge this thread with the Glasgow one?

• Like 1

Moderator, now that the Edinburgh team has been announced and as a result some of their BSF MEMBERS are spending more time discussing the exciting prospects of the Glasgow team, may I suggest we merge this thread with the Glasgow one?

Are you now going to regularly attend meetings at Trashfield ?

Surely you're not a wee Glory Hunter :P

• Like 1

Are you now going to regularly attend meetings at Trashfield ?

Surely you're not a wee Glory Hunter :P

Big glory hunter!

So, back to the 2014 team, what's everyone's thoughts on riding order?

In my opinion;

1. Craig Cook - 10.52 (obviously)

2. Aaron Fox - 5.00 (give him time to settle especially away from home with less pressure. Extra points in heat 8)

3. Max Fricke - 5.81 (should do okay at 3, maybe will struggle but he's determined to learn. Can pack minor places well with DS. Good experience.)

4.. Derek Sneddon - 5.52 (hopefully balance out for having a weaker 3rd HL and decent points in heat 14)

5. Sam Masters - 7.43 (obviously)

Reserves either way are quite strong, but personally I would go for:

6. Steve Worrall - 3.00

7. Justin Sedgemen - 4.99 (will probably move into top 5 after first average change and be replaced by Aaron at #7)

Interesting

I would be tempted to have the following formations:

Home

1. Cookie

2. Derek (he knows the position quite well)

3. Sam (to cover for Aaron in the first few heats)

4. Aaron (I would keep him away from 2 to give him a chance to find out the correct set up and to avoid the top 2 riders on show (in the opening heat), plus in theory he could learn the nature of the track on the night and get an easy-ish ride in heat 14)

5. Max (maybe slightly more difficult than 3 but hopefully Max should be able to handle this at home - plus allowing him to put his toe in the water of the competitive heat 13)

6. Stevie (this is a slightly more difficult position than 7 - so I think it's more a case of letting Justin really find his feet again after a year out and hopefully get a confidence boost at 7)

7. Justin

Away

1. Cookie

2. Derek

3. Max

4. Aaron

5. Sam

6. Stevie

7. Justin

I'm excited for the team this year, I think any team with Cookie in it has a chance. Lots of people are unhappy with Theo going, I like him a lot but don't think he will improve, while some others will. The one interesting thing for me will be to see how Steve fits in riding in three leagues, especially with the Thursday/Friday meetings.

Home

1. Cook

2. Fox

3. Fricke

4. Sneddon

5. Masters

6. Sedgmen

7. Worrall

Away

Home

1. Cook

2. Sneddon

3. Fricke

4. Fox

5. Masters

6. Sedgmen

7. Worrall

Teams very rarely have different home and away line ups so expect it to stay the same

Cook

Fox

Sneddon

Pijper

Masters

Worrall

Sedgemen

Teams very rarely have different home and away line ups so expect it to stay the same

Cook

Fox

Sneddon

Pijper

Masters

Worrall

Sedgemen

Swapped Max for Theo have we? ;)

Could have sworn I wrote fricke. Too much fun over Xmas :)

Tasty looking lineup wonder how long cook and masters can go to unbeaten in 13 and 15.

Swapped Max for Theo have we? ;)

Wishful thinking.

What do you think it is?

Christmas?

Merry Crimbo to you both

• Like 1

happy new year to edinburgh fans i am a plymouth supporter and we have just named katajisto at reserve i have never seen him ride can you guys give me an idea of what to expect,thanks