British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

If you're referring to a lot of the posters on here, you have got to be joking!

I would imagine most fans would be in the silent majority, and probably not on here..

• Like 1

well said kester.

its not a hatred of Poole but a few so called fans see it that way.

This is a speedway forum which means that it is a place for discussions about relevent speedway topics.

Is it fans fault that almost every single issue that has reared its head this season has somehow involved Poole?

Is this coincidence?

Of course it isnt so it will be discussed.

Some Poole fans are open to this.

Some are just clueless and blinkered and literally like the child in the playground put there fingers in their ears so that they cant hear.

They accuse 1 or 2 on here (mainly me and stevebrum) of being anti-poole. These fans really need to get a life. Ok so maybe we put our point across more than others and maybe with more anger but so what.

The fact that im still waiting for our resident forum comedian to answer at least 5 of the points ive raised just shows his intellect in my eyes.

Then to twist it more we get the jealousy line which is rather tiresome and miles from the truth.

The facts are simple.

Matt Ford isnt liked much outside of Dorset.

That coupled with 1 or 2 Poole fans on here is the reason why the club isnt liked.

by the way my previous post wasnt aimed at people like

piratenick

dorsetdelight

starman

foreverblue

skidder

these are poole fans who quite rightly defend their club and although i disagree with them on stuff at least they are reasoned in their argument.

the forum comedian however hmmmm

Thanks for the compliments Gav, yes we can have a reasoned debate and so can Steve, and the Know, who's a dam good sponsor, but sometimes others, and there are many of them, just don't see listen or care.. Because it concerns Poole!!

Yes we all do defend our club, and rightly so, and we do have cause to gloat. We gloat and have our say and thats it, but unfortunately some others on here just keep wanting to slate the club team manager and our promoter, who works dam hard to keep the club in the position we are in..Unfortunately, many others don't want to see that..

Edited by Starman2006

A fantastic one thank you very much. Cracking open the Krug tonight to celebrate our fabulous against all the odds Elite League Title. Fabulous.

And in a months time off for 3 weeks to Florida for some late sunshine before returning to enjoy Christmas with family and friends.

3 weeks in Florida ! no wonder they played MONEY MONEY MONEY at Birmingham

3 weeks in Florida ! no wonder they played MONEY MONEY MONEY at Birmingham

Its called working hard. Work hard and reap the rewards. A business started from scratch with 50 pounds of change just 7 months ago now brings in a good wage and pays for nice holidays. Anyone could do it with dedication and effort.

• Like 2

Its called working hard. Work hard and reap the rewards. A business started from scratch with 50 pounds of change just 7 months ago now brings in a good wage and pays for nice holidays. Anyone could do it with dedication and effort.

Only three weeks Steve, we go for four ;-) like any business you get out what you put in and that goes for life to :-) always be positive people !!!!
  • Like 2

The issue with the music is under birminghams control, air horns by a few high spirited fans is not so there is nothing for poole to apologise for.

It would have been the right thing for the Poole promotion to apologise on behalf of those fans seeing as THEY knew that air horns aren't allowed.

Morally it would have been the right thing to do.

• Like 1

It would have been the right thing for the Poole promotion to apologise on behalf of those fans seeing as THEY knew that air horns aren't allowed.

Morally it would have been the right thing to do.

Would be a good idea except that, as you have all probably realised, we at Poole have our morals surgically removed at birth :wink:

• Like 1

I think you need to watch the sky coverage, as Danny goes down there is a huge cheer, it annoyed me on the night and since watching the TV coverage, it has really shown what the Poole supporters who cheered that night think of riders who fall off, I add not all of the supporters cheered but the ones that did in the main stand also jumped to there feet to cheer.

I was there!! Yes people cheered which is unfortunate but it was not the loudest cheer of the night, which is the lie i meant. Think it was louder after heat 15 when we had a 21 point lead!

I was there!! Yes people cheered which is unfortunate but it was not the loudest cheer of the night, which is the lie i meant. Think it was louder after heat 15 when we had a 21 point lead!

They still cheered a fallen rider, dear.

They still cheered a fallen rider, dear.

I just said they did! Fans at every club do it. Not just Poole. It was NOT the loudest cheer of the night which is what you claimed..

Sounds like a fair comment to me.

Serious question. If Poole were to put out a mediocre team next year, stick with the same 1-7 throughout the season and finish near the bottom would it bring fans back through the turnstiles at other clubs? I don't think so.

A comment on the Lakeside v Poole thread summed it up for me that said maybe people should stay away from forums and social media and just rock up at 7:30 and enjoy it for what it is. 4 blokes giving it their all on bikes with no brakes!

So what if next year Poole put out a fairly mediocre but solid team that wins the league but runs out of steam and loses the play off final.

Pirates fans will still be saying how wonderful the play offs are then, will they?

So what if next year Poole put out a fairly mediocre but solid team that wins the league but runs out of steam and loses the play off final.

Pirates fans will still be saying how wonderful the play offs are then, will they?

No - they'll blame injuries, the weather, the track etc. and claim it was a hollow victory - Just like last year! :rolleyes:

• Like 1