British Speedway Forum

The 2013 team was not too expensive to build but the main reason Brummies were in the mix was the form of Jason Doyle and the vast improvement of Martin Smolinski who was at reserve and up to #1

The problem this year is to find riders that will improve again but that is hard to find and another problem is finding a 5th rider who will ride full time. Maybe a new 5.00 rider and Skornicki is the sensible choices.

I've a strong feeling that Eddie Kennett will do a Smolinski in 2014 and be the Brummies Trump Card

Why, did he get a new drill for Christmas... :wink:

• Like 2

I've a strong feeling that Eddie Kennett will do a Smolinski in 2014 and be the Brummies Trump Card

He needs to, he was utterly awful for much of last season.

Not a chance as at least Smolinski won important races late in meetings unlike Eddie.

Not a chance as at least Smolinski won important races late in meetings unlike Eddie.

Although he went missing in the play offs. Must have had a touch of the Kenneth Bjerre`s.

Although he went missing in the play offs. Must have had a touch of the Kenneth Bjerre`s.

He wasn't the only one I recall!

Certainly Eddie needs a good season if he's to resurrect his career.

Chris - Next time add more coke to your Jack Daniels as it's throwing your mind !!

2015 Speedway Grand Prix Series #15 Edward Kennett :shock:

Remember Smolinski had a 9 meeting spell (27 heat wins) at reserve to start the season scoring 118 points (13.11 per meeting). In the other 21 meetings (18 heat wins) he scored 143 points (6.81 per meeting) ..... Eddie won't be at reserve .... wont get 13+ points a meeting ...... won't be riding abroad but just at Rye House earning easy money.

At present there are no real contenders for the wooden spoon and those that may look weaker could easily be dark horses. The last two places could make Brummies that again ...... but can't see Eddie getting over a 7.50 average.

think they be some real weird averages come October , anyone having a good yr in a diluted league could be hard to employ in 2015

Chris - Next time add more coke to your Jack Daniels as it's throwing your mind !!

2015 Speedway Grand Prix Series #15 Edward Kennett :shock:

Remember Smolinski had a 9 meeting spell (27 heat wins) at reserve to start the season scoring 118 points (13.11 per meeting). In the other 21 meetings (18 heat wins) he scored 143 points (6.81 per meeting) ..... Eddie won't be at reserve .... wont get 13+ points a meeting ...... won't be riding abroad but just at Rye House earning easy money.

At present there are no real contenders for the wooden spoon and those that may look weaker could easily be dark horses. The last two places could make Brummies that again ...... but can't see Eddie getting over a 7.50 average.

Now what is wrong with a 7.5 average?

Now what is wrong with a 7.5 average?

Where does he say there is anything wrong with it?

Edited by Kester

Where does he say there is anything wrong with it?

Put it another way do you think for a rider many feel is in decline would a 7.5 ave be a good in your opinion.?

Put it another way do you think for a rider many feel is in decline would a 7.5 ave be a good in your opinion.?

See post #596.