British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2013/14

If i remember correctly the problem is getting a visa as you have to be invited to the country so to speak.Which is why organised trips are easier.I went with TravelPlus who organised everything very well as they always do.Absolutely freezing over there though i did manage to pop outside in my shorts once.Toptip if you do manage to get there be very careful crossing the road the minimum speed limit must be 40 mph and must be strictly enforced as none of them slow down.

Edited by Triple.H.

I'm thinking of doing the same this year, although a few of us are talking about travelling together. I too would welcome advice, although I was chatting to a few Russians in Manchester for the City - Moscow match and all said it wasn't able to be reached by Metro, but was easy to get to. I'm assuming they have a rail system which runs in conjunction with the Metro.

Thanks for the update. Myakinino station is at the end of the Metro and is in Krasnogorsk. Looking at Google earth though there is a massive stretch of the river Moskva to cross from the station with no direct bridge from this terminus in the direction of the stadium. Your info seems pretty sound therefore. Have used Metro and busses in Moscow with no probs and, heaven forbid, taxis and lived to tell the tale. Pavishino (I think it is spelled) station seems nearer the stadium and is on mainline from Moscow.

I would also assume stadium tickets can be bought on the day but it would be good to know that bit in advance and to be able to purchase, if possible before the events. Good luck with your arrangements.

If i remember correctly the problem is getting a visa as you have to be invited to the country so to speak.Which is why organised trips are easier.I went with TravelPlus who organised everything very well as they always do.Absolutely freezing over there though i did manage to pop outside in my shorts once.Toptip if you do manage to get there be very careful crossing the road the minimum speed limit must be 40 mph and must be strictly enforced as none of them slow down.

More thanks. Hotels can usually supply invitations so hopefully visas will be OK. I needed my passport the week before my last Moscow visit (to attend a rain off in Eskilstuna) so could not send off for my visa with the group application my friends were on. I paid extra for a swift guaranteed visa but with the documents supplied by the hotel, i was in the embassy for no more than 10 minutes to drop off and collect my passport 48 hours later.

Impressed with your venturing outside without trousers. I only went out without a scarf and got a stiff neck!!!

I'm thinking of doing the same this year, although a few of us are talking about travelling together. I too would welcome advice, although I was chatting to a few Russians in Manchester for the City - Moscow match and all said it wasn't able to be reached by Metro, but was easy to get to. I'm assuming they have a rail system which runs in conjunction with the Metro.

Hope the following link may be of assistance, although it shows details of just one specific train which covers the route needed and only for this week. If you go to the home page fron there you can get all manner of info regarding train services in Russia. It seems there are loads of trains which we can take, assuming they can deal with the wrong type of snow in a better manner than Network South East!!!

http://mapofmoscow.net/railway/suburban-train/rijsky--nakhabino--6209g/

Pavshino is the nearest station to the stadium and I would assume it to be much closer than both Assen and Upsalla stations are to their stadia, and almost due north from the station (slightly west towards the end). Rijsky is the Moscow terminal for this route and other routes also pass through Pavshino from this terminal. Leningradskaya mainline station is on the route and only 17 minutes (5 stops) away. It is a much larger station than Rijsky though and has a metro within, so I assume it may be a better bet to travel from/to with better ticketing services.

The site also shows station names in Cyrillic which is a huge help.

Sadly it seems there are no ice hockey or bandy fixtures in the Moscow area that weekend; maybe owing to the Winter Olympics and it is much too early for fooball. Bolshoi is very expensive but as a one off visit may be a good option for one of the evenings. Several micro breweries already sorted for fine dining.

Thanks for all the advice, both for independent and organised travel. I'm doing it half and half in that I will be making my own way to Moscow, and staying with the Travel Plus group, who will arrange my Visa too. Now looking forward to going to Russia.

The Ice Speedway Gladiators Series will now have 4 Rounds/8 Meetings, as the Speedway Amur Club will host Final 2 over the weekend of 15/16th February at the Cupid Stadium, Blagoveshchensk.

For those of you who don't know, Blagoveshchensk is in the Amur region, and stands on the where the Amur and Cupid rivers meet. Across the Amur River is Northern China, and the City is a 1,000 Miles NW of Vladivostok. The riders will have to leave Togliatti straight after the Team Final the previous weekend, in order to get there. I understand that the regional government together with the club are paying for the riders and officials to travel there. The riders/mechanics/officials/bikes/vehicles are expected to travel by train.

If they drive, it's only 4,250 miles (6857 km) with a driving time of 83 hours :rofl: ,

Amazing just how big the country is.Just read yesterday that the Vostok football club,that are in the Russian second division are having trouble financing away matches and have had to drop out of one fixture,maybe the league itself!!!!!!!And that is football,so makes you wonder how the Vstok speedway club manage to finance their away trips etc

It's crazy lol ...

8-9 feb Togliatti
15-15 feb Blago
22-23 feb Ufa (super league, all top russians + Simon I guess)

13.500 km trip :P

It's crazy lol ...

8-9 feb Togliatti

15-15 feb Blago

22-23 feb Ufa (super league, all top russians + Simon I guess)

13.500 km trip :P

Make you seem like a positive 'Stay at Home' Jesper :)

RUSSIAN SUPER LEAGUE ROUND 1, SATURDAY 30TH NOVEMBER & ROUND 2 SUNDAY 1ST DECEMBER, BLAGOVESHCHENSK

SATURDAY:

UFA 28 (Dmitri Koltakov 17, Nikolai Krasnikov 7, Dmitri Bulankin 4)

SAMARA 23+3 (Dmitri Khomitsevich 9+3, Andrei Gavrilkin 9, Vitalli Khomitsevich 5)

TOGLIATTI 23+2 (Danil Ivanov 16+2, Igor Saydullin 5, Sergei Karachintsev 2)

BLAGOVESHCHENSK 18 Pawel Tschajka 12, Sergei Logachev 5, Danil Goloszekin 1)

STERLITAMAK 14+3 (Igor Kononov 9, Evgenei Sharov 4 +3, Andrei Shishegov 1)

KAMENSK URAL 14+N (Mikael Dmitrishin 5+ef, Arten Novik 5, Vyacheslav Svitek 4,)

SHADRINSK 6 (Ilya Panteleev 5, Aleksei Elenski 1, Andrei Selifonov 0)

SUNDAY:

UFA 28 (Koltakov 14, Krasnikov 10, Bulankin 4)

TOGLIATTI 25 (Ivanov 15, Karachintsev 8, Vasilli Nesythyh 2)

SAMARA 24 (D.Khomitsevich 14, V. Khomitsevich 6, Gavrilkin 4)

STERLITAMAK 17 (Sharov 7, Shishegov 7, Airat Khabbibulin 3)

KAMENSK URAL 12 (Dmitrishin 5, Novik 4, Svitek 3)

BLAGOVESHCHENSK 11 (Tschajka 7, Logachev 4, Harald Simon 0)

SHADRINSK 8 (Panteleev 5, Selifonov 2, Elenski 1)

LEAGUE TABLE:

UFA 16 (8+8)

SAMARA 11 (6+5),

TOGLIATTI 11 (5+6),

STERLITAMAK 7 (3+4),

BLAGOVESHCHENSK 6 (4+2),

KAMENSK URAL 5 (2+3),

SHADRINSK 2 (1+1)

Edited by Conkers

A training camp was held last weekend at Ylitornio. It ended with an individual meeting that Aakko won with max poinst before Järf on 14 and Tani on 13. Aakko was already going to St Johan, Järf looks set for the 2nd Finnish slot. If he wants it. Tani most probably next in line. Pretty confident that this trio will also ride for Finland in the team WC later on this season. All depends though if they themselves want to do it.

Yes was great to see Järf do well,but will he ride overseas this season?Thought he lacked the money last year.Have things changed?And was also good to see the next Aakko generation training as well

Looks like the warn winter Russian Weather is playing havoc with the fixtures - well at -5'C it's warm for a Russian Winter :) .

Last weekend's Premier League Meeting in Novosibisrk was called off and moved to March (much to the annoyance of two of my friends who went there!).

The Russian Championship Semi Finals in Ufa, Sterlitamak and Shadrinsk have all been moved to the weekend of 21/22nd December.

The Semi Final in Novosibirsk will go ahead this weekend (14/15th December) as practice was today, and all went well according to the Russian Forum.

No news as to a TV link yet, but I'll post one if I find one.

RUSSIAN INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP, SEMI FINAL 1,

NOVOSIBIRSK, SATURDAY 14th DECEMBER & SUNDAY 15th DECEMBER 2013

RESULTS:

Dmitri Koltakov (Ufa) 30 (15+15),

Eugene Kosov (Samara) 24 (11+13),

Danil Goloshykhyn (Blagoveshchensk) 23+3 (11+12),

Vasilli Kosov (Samara) 23+2 (9+14)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vyacheslav Svitek (Kamensk Ural) 22 (11+11)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikita Toloknov (Samara) 18 (10+8),

Mikael Dmitrishin (Kamensk Ural) 18 (10+8),

Roman Kholodov (Samara) 17 (9+8),

Sergei Logachev (Blagoveshchensk) 15 (+8),

Andrei Zhdanov (Novosibirsk) 14 (8+6),

Roman Pavlenko (Shadrinsk) 10 (3+7),

Eugene Yagodkin (Novosibirsk) 9 (5+4),

Innokent Andreev (Krasnoyarsk) 7 (5+2),

Alexander Varyukhin (Kemerovo) 6 (3+3),

Maxim Korchemakha (Novosibirsk) 0 (0+DNR),

Juri Ivanov ( Krasnoyarsk) DNR

Looks like the warn winter Russian Weather is playing havoc with the fixtures - well at -5'C it's warm for a Russian Winter :) .

Having had a warm off in St Johann last year it couldn't happen in Krasnogorsk; could it? :sad:

I suppose it is a matter of definition but I see on the Speedway Star Travel club blurb they state the meeting will start early evening on Saturday. I had a mail from Russian Motor Federation however confirming heat 1 will be at 3 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday so more of an afternoon.

Tickets available on the day from 200 - 500 roubles £4 - £10 approx. :drink:

Having had a warm off in St Johann last year it couldn't happen in Krasnogorsk; could it? :sad:

I suppose it is a matter of definition but I see on the Speedway Star Travel club blurb they state the meeting will start early evening on Saturday. I had a mail from Russian Motor Federation however confirming heat 1 will be at 3 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday so more of an afternoon.

Tickets available on the day from 200 - 500 roubles £4 - £10 approx. :drink:

Craig Ackroyd told me that the Russians prefer to hold the meetings during the day as it can get 'a bit nippy' once the lights go. Considering he was telling me it was -20 during the meeting, I think it was a bit of an understatement! :)

Looking forward to my first trip to Russia for racing - just need to sort my press accreditation out!

• Like 1